Marker Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marker Week

How often are decals put on in a season anyway? If they are every game it shouldn't matter much for having different ones.

I do wonder how Alabama can get recruits away from Oregon considering how plain and traditional those uniforms are.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      You should volunteer your time and money to work on 90 helmets then if you think it's cheap. Recruits want new uniforms more than some decals. I suppose all the FBS schools that have plain helmets can't recruit either.
      Wow.

Comment

Alabama’s recruiting does not seem to be affected by their plain white numbers on their helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Doesn't make sense in your mind, but I'll guarantee it makes sense in the minds of recruits.
          Oh really!!! So where do you get your insight information? This matters to recruits more than a free ride?

Comment

I'm done. You guys are so in touch with today's youth. You obviously have it all figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              Alabama’s recruiting does not seem to be affected by their plain white numbers on their helmets.
              They also have the best coach in the history of CFB and some pretty big $$$ handshakes.

Comment

Good grief. Not only do recruits like this kind of thing, our current players do too.Lol at bringing up Alabama.

Comment

They just showed the White Jack Decal on the pregame TV show in Fargo. It looks better than the photo in this thread. No doubt our guys like the change.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Good grief. Not only do recruits like this kind of thing, our current players do too.Lol at bringing up Alabama.
                    I thought it was funny too.

Comment

So many things to say here...............I'll just leave it with glad we got the win.

P.S. Yes kids like decals, uniforms and shiny new stadiums, that's why they do these things. Are you the guys who don't hand out Halloween candy, too?
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

How about we give the 'guins some early Halloween candy as fans and get loud and rowdy every time they're on offense on Hobo Day?

Man, I can't wait for 10/22!

Comment

• Marker Week

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I'm done. You guys are so in touch with today's youth. You obviously have it all figured out.
                          Yup. Lots of incredibly dumb comments about that. Guess what? WE ARENT ALABAMA. You know who has done well in part because of flashy uniforms? Oh, Oregon. Every team out there does different "cool" things with decals and jerseys. But we've had this discussion already, so I'll get off your lawn (not your lawn Cappin, others who know who they are). JFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            Yup. Lots of incredibly dumb comments about that. Guess what? WE ARENT ALABAMA. You know who has done well in part because of flashy uniforms? Oh, Oregon. Every team out there does different "cool" things with decals and jerseys. But we've had this discussion already, so I'll get off your lawn (not your lawn Cappin, others who know who they are). JFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I wish I knew where their lawns were. I would volunteer my time and paint some really cutting edge, progressive Jackrabbit logos on them. We'll use their lawns as a recruiting tool as well.

Comment

The amount of uniform combinations we sport are not going to make a major impact on where these guys choose to go to school. A small impact yes, but it's way down the list compared to coaching staff, education, playing time, etc. Give them a bit of credit. These aren't kindergarteners being wowed by all the pretty colors.

Pretty sure the decals are changed on every helmet every week. Good way to keep it fresh without going all Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                The amount of uniform combinations we sport are not going to make a major impact on where these guys choose to go to school. A small impact yes, but it's way down the list compared to coaching staff, education, playing time, etc. Give them a bit of credit. These aren't kindergarteners being wowed by all the pretty colors.

Pretty sure the decals are changed on every helmet every week. Good way to keep it fresh without going all Oregon.
                                My guess at relative priority in a football recruit's mind regarding choice of where to go to play college football:

1) Competition Level combined with Playing Time - If a player is a borderline FBS talent who'll see more time on the field on an FCS team, that's a big difference to the player, I think.
                                1a) Relationship with coaching staff - Males in their upper teen years, contrary to popular opinion and a good deal of evidence, aren't in general stupid . . . they just tend to be focused on the "now." Combined with the lack of life experience and raging hormone syndrome, this can lead to, er, unfortunate choices. Not sure why I went there. Anyway, if a recruit just simply doesn't like the coaches, he's not likely to go there (and shouldn't). If he really clicks with a coach on the staff, or just generally gets a good feeling from the staff, he's much more likely to go there.
                                2) Program Success - Recruits don't want to play for losers. Nobody wants to play for losers. A program record of winning draws recruits.
                                3) Facilities/Fan Support - Now we're into the tiebreakers . . . if a recruit is trying to decide between college A and college B, all of the previous factors being equal, he's going to want to go to the one with the nicer, shinier, prettier digs. They also like playing in front of large crowds of adoring fans.
                                4) Where dad/mom/uncle/etc. went to school - This actually feeds back a bit to 1a and maybe 3. It's related to the overall comfort level the recruit has with the school, which comes next . . .
                                5) Overall desirability of the school--academics, weather, social factors, girlfriend/girls (!), big/small city, etc., etc. - Now we get into the mysteries which lurk in the minds of teenaged men. If the kid wants to be a football-playing engineer, that limits his choices. If he wants to be a doctor/lawyer, somewhat similarly. If he just wants to play football, that also limits his choices (i.e. institutions with higher academic standards might be less attractive).

You can probably shuffle things 3-5, but that's my opinion on what a high school football player who's being recruited for college ball will be considering--and keeping in mind that individual people might have any of these, or some other factor entirely, as their primary, overriding reason for wanting to go somewhere or not go somewhere else. People are funny that way.

I don't think "on-field sartorial choices" makes the list, except as an element of 5) (which could sneak up as high as 3) ).

Personally, I think the (ridiculous, greedy and cynical, imho) explosion of "alternate" uniforms is driven much, much, much, much more by the pro teams and big colleges' insatiable lust for more and more revenue from uniform sales than it is driven by any marginal recruiting edge it might give them.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X