Marker Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marker Week

I watched a bit of an espn3 replay of the game between ndsu and Missouri State. Has anybody else noticed the glitter/sparkles on the green fill of the bison on the ndsu helmets? Is this new? Man they sure are pretty. Fits their football team pretty well... softies. Pretty little bison.

Comment

I'll say it again......game will be won and lost at the LOS. NDSU has proven time and again that they are dominate in that area. I'm not arguing about any of the other excellent points made in this thread.....I just don't want the facts to get lost in the fluff. Anyone Jackrabbit fan that's been paying attention to how things have gone thus far has to be concerned about SDSU's ability to win the battle at the LOS. That's it, that's what has to happen.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
        Here's what worries me. While our passing offense is awesome when it's clicking, it is bad when it is not. We need to stay out of situations of quick and three outs, which we had a lot of them in the 2nd half at SIU. I hate to see us go 3 and out with a couple incomplete passes while taking 30 seconds off the clock. Then NDSU has a long drive, takes 6 minutes off the clock. We follow it up with another 3 and out and 30 seconds, then they have another drive. Before we know it, we've run 6 plays to their 20.

How do they win? Keep our offense off the field and our defense on the field. How do we win? Keep our offense on their field and their offense off the field.
        Nicely done - and this is exactly where I am at. If NDSU chews clock and scores touchdowns all day long with their power running game (typically the case) we lose. If the game gets into a shootout, advantage Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I'll say it again......game will be won and lost at the LOS. NDSU has proven time and again that they are dominate in that area. I'm not arguing about any of the other excellent points made in this thread.....I just don't want the facts to get lost in the fluff. Anyone Jackrabbit fan that's been paying attention to how things have gone thus far has to be concerned about SDSU's ability to win the battle at the LOS. That's it, that's what has to happen.
          I think that's a big difference between this year and last year. First our o line is better imo. I think they can hold up decently against the d line of the bison. I mean, is NDSUs d line going to be twice as good as TCUs? I doubt it. They might be better, but not by a ton, and the o line did pretty decent there for us. We're going to give up some sacks for sure. NDSU is too good of a defense not to. But they don't have the lock down corners they had last year, so they won't be able to commit as many guys to the box or sit in man coverage nearly as much to stop Wieneke and Goedert, which should make the lines life a little easier. I'm personally really banking on coach Eck to make a big difference here. I think there is something to being a former Badger o lineman that will help him instill the toughness we need in a game like this.

Our d line is going to likely get smacked. I'm really banking on us holding the bison to fgs and limiting the big play. If we can force them to have to drive the length of the field we can get stops. That's how CSU was able to hold their offense to 17 points in regulation. Eventually during those long drives the bison made mistakes that killed the drives.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned that is different is the punting game. The swing between the two teams average punt is a 16 yard swing from last year. Why is that important? Last year in the Marker game neither team scored when their drive started farther than 70 yards out. The only scoring drives were all 68 yds or less. That means the magic number for field position is the 30 right? We only had three drives start past our own 30, and one was with no time left in the second half. NDSU had 8 start past their own 30. We won't get any returns with how the NDSU punter punts, because they will all be fair catches, but they'll only be about 30 yards half the time. You figure the swing in punting average for the field position game in and now it's switched to a difference of 8 for us outside the 30 to only 3 for them. Now I didn't factor in turnovers but in the end I think you get the point right? Could be a much different game. We were pinned in our own end the entire game last time, and a large part was their defense as well, but where you start a drive can affect that greatly as well. So we got that going for us as well, which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Thumper:
            "Another thing that hasn't been mentioned that is different is the punting game. The swing between the two teams average punt is a 16 yard swing from last year. Why is that important? Last year in the Marker game neither team scored when their drive started farther than 70 yards out."

NDSU definitely lost an outstanding weapon in their punter. He was deadly - constantly sticking the opposing team inside their 20. Hopefully we'll get to see the new guy in action five or six times Saturday.

Comment

I think the important things are rush defense and pass blocking. Are apparent awesome passing game won't do crap without time and NDSU will control the game as usual if we give up 4,5,6 yard runs a pop.

And our coordinators got to find some kind of rythme calling it. Could be competitive.

Comment

I watched a bit of a disney cartoon replay of the game between sdsu and Cal Poly. Did anybody else notice that Cal Poly scored more points than sdsu? Is this for real? Man Cal Poly lost to the und chicken hawks....softies. Pretty little wabbits. ps. I love smack.

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                I watched a bit of an espn3 replay of the game between ndsu and Missouri State. Has anybody else noticed the glitter/sparkles on the green fill of the bison on the ndsu helmets? Is this new? Man they sure are pretty. Fits their football team pretty well... softies. Pretty little bison.

Comment

Ruck the Fabbits. ps. I love smack

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                  I'm not very optimistic either. I think it will be another shoot out like NDSUs first 2 games and they will pull it off in the end. I think we will slow down there run and force them to pass. I also think TC will have a lot of pressure ounce our oline gets wore down. And the fn bison will slip through our fingers again.

Buck the Fison

I do think we have a good shot to be second in the valley UNI offense looked awfully mediocre. Still on not convinced Youngstown and the goats oh mean yotes cane beat us at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonitus View Post
                    I watched a bit of a disney cartoon replay of the game between sdsu and Cal Poly. Did anybody else notice that Cal Poly scored more points than sdsu? Is this for real? Man Cal Poly lost to the und chicken hawks....softies. Pretty little wabbits. ps. I love smack.
                    In 2013 you came here crying and said you'd never be back. See you've graced us again with your presence. ps I love smack

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                      I think the important things are rush defense and pass blocking. Are apparent awesome passing game won't do crap without time and NDSU will control the game as usual if we give up 4,5,6 yard runs a pop.

And our coordinators got to find some kind of rythme calling it. Could be competitive.
                      Actually with a fast paced high octane passing attack the TOP means less. We aren't a long time consuming drive team anymore. It matters, sure. But in the end we got DESTROYED in TOP by Poly and still had a chance to tie the game at the end. It's not ideal, but it's possible.

Comment

Bisonitis, is that a type of venereal disease?

Comment

Some wascowy wabbit fans hoot my feewings in 2013, but I'm done cwying now. The real reason I haven't been back is due to being so busy going to Frisco every year since 2011. I've graced you with my presence as my flight to Frisco is not until January. We can be best buds and chat everyday until then. Ps. I love smack.

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          In 2013 you came here crying and said you'd never be back. See you've graced us again with your presence. ps I love smack

Comment

Bisonitus is when greasy little rabbits get stuck under the hoof of a mighty BISON. Ps. I love smack.

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            Bisonitis, is that a type of venereal disease?

Comment

Some wascowy wabbit fans hoot my feewings in 2013, but I'm done cwying now. The real reason I haven't been back is due to being so busy going to Frisco every year since 2011. I've graced you with my presence as my flight to Frisco is not until January. We can be best buds and chat everyday until then. Ps. I love smack.
                              Wow, three years to recover, that takes a lot of tissues. Thanks for keeping my uncles paper mill in business.

Bisonitus is when greasy little rabbits get stuck under the hoof of a mighty BISON. Ps. I love smack.
                              If they were so mighty they wouldn't need to mope for three years. Sounds more like a rock you stepped on that looked sorta like a rabbit, and now you're having puss seeping out. You might want to get that checked out.

Comment

Try all you want, but nothing will top buck the fison.

Comment

Working...
                                X