Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cal Poly

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    CP were obviously the designated drivers last Saturday.
    They obviously passed on our 8 dollar beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      They obviously passed on our 8 dollar beers.
      No, they were running, mostly.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Completely off topic, but Clemson is putting on a clinic on how to shut down the TO against Georgia Tech, holy cow.

Comment

Any one else hoping this is one of those classic slow start years sdsu has been notoriously famous for.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Any one else hoping this is one of those classic slow start years sdsu has been notoriously famous for.
            I really hope not. Since 2008, we've only started with a 1-2 record or worse twice (other than this year), and both of those years we ended at 5-6.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Haven't we had some where we lose a few early then win like 6 or 7 in a row?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The Western Illinois game (10/1) will tell us a lot about this team. Since 2007, our record against Western is 7-2, having lost last year in overtime. If Western scores a lot of points against our highly suspect defense, the rest of the season will be ugly considering our brutal away schedule. Not that my opinion matters, but it seems that we lack the required athleticism on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                  The Western Illinois game (10/1) will tell us a lot about this team. Since 2007, our record against Western is 7-2, having lost last year in overtime. If Western scores a lot of points against our highly suspect defense, the rest of the season will be ugly considering our brutal away schedule. Not that my opinion matters, but it seems that we lack the required athleticism on the defensive side of the ball.
                  The speed was a factor but felt like we got out worked. That bothers me more.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Haven't we had some where we lose a few early then win like 6 or 7 in a row?
                    In 2006 and 2007 we started 0-3 and ended up 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                      Thanks. Lets hope we follow more of that path.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                        Schedule was a little easier back then.....
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If we end up 5-6 like in 2010 and 2011, I may lose my ****, especially given the offense we have and the starters we had coming back on defense. I am starting to feel entitled to having a good team every year and down years take a toll.

Looking at the roster, we could have 18 starters back next year or somewhere close to that. However, if we don't make the playoffs, I still won't be happy.

Maybe I need a hobby.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            If we end up 5-6 like in 2010 and 2011, I may lose my ****, especially given the offense we have and the starters we had coming back on defense. I am starting to feel entitled to having a good team every year and down years take a toll.

Looking at the roster, we could have 18 starters back next year or somewhere close to that. However, if we don't make the playoffs, I still won't be happy.

Maybe I need a hobby.
                            I didn't pony up a ton of cash for a new stadium and coaches pay raise to see us take a step back. That said, the rumors of SDSU's demise may be premature. Best cure for a crappy performance like our D provided and the choke job our offense (injured or not) delivered is a beat down of WIU next Saturday. I'll be there.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Maybe I need a hobby.
                              The Jacks have a new LB personnel alignment and a couple new DBs, but Stig mentioned in this week's Jackrabbit Journal that Mears and Blum will likely be back after bye.

Thinking of pleasant surprises, how about Banasiak? Not to imply he wasn't expected to play well, it's just that maybe he's being overlooked as another reason we could be a bit more optimistic.

Comment

The next 2 games are must wins. At home against Western and on the road against Southern. We lose either, things get really tough

Comment

Working...
                                X