Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cal Poly

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Yeah, you're right. One poster had issues with alcohol. Let's ban alcohol at all tailgating festivities and any other events with SDSU involved. Let's go full BYU or Liberty with this.
    Never said anything of the shorts.

..........I'm telling you what needs to happen if you want student involvement to grow........... I'm dealing with reality, and if you want students to stick around for the weekend to go to the game, you're not going to be able to live in your black and white fantasy land.
    If you check the law, I'm pretty sure you're the one not dealing in reality.

What exactly do you want? Why don't you come out and say it? Do you want the act of underage consumption to happen on campus at tailgating to go unchecked? Is that what you think needs to happen for "student involvement to grow"? If that's truly how you feel, that's F{+@*&g lunacy. You can't let minors openly consume on campus. I can't believe I just had to type that last sentence.

For the record, I consumed illegally in college. Had a great time. Likely made an A&& of myself on more than one occasion. However, I knew full well that what I was doing was illegal, and was fully aware of what would happen if I was caught.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. One poster had issues with alcohol. Let's ban alcohol at all tailgating festivities and any other events with SDSU involved. Let's go full BYU or Liberty with this.

Here's the thing. You can not like this, but it's too bad. College students will drink underage whether you like it or not. They will go and congregate where they can do it. They will do it most everywhere they do congregate. If you crack down hard on it they will move to somewhere where they can. I highly doubt it helps student attendance to have a empty student tailgating lot. Don't complain about students going to the Backyard or just not showing up to games if you want to have the all or nothing attitude. I'm telling you what needs to happen if you want student involvement to grow. If you don't want that, the go hardcore and catch to evil underagers. Catch all of them. It doesn't effect me other than I would greatly enjoy a raucous student section and for students to have great memories of the games to make them want to come after they graduate. But if that's the attitude people want to take on the situation instead of looking at reality, then go for it. Not a student anymore and certainly don't need to worry about being carded. If you feel it's so egregious that someone old enough to be drafted into our military drinks alcohol, then it is what it is. I'm dealing with reality, and if you want students to stick around for the weekend to go to the game, you're not going to be able to live in your black and white fantasy land.
      Why do you keep making outrageous statements like the above? I dont take them personal, but am getting tired of reading your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Why do you keep making outrageous statements like the above? I dont take them personal, but am getting tired of reading your posts.
        That's ok I'm tired of yours too.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Posts not Posters Gentlemen. Don't make us Barkeeps have to cut off our loyal customers.

Comment

How would I know I'm in front of the visitors section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's going to be a long 11 days until the next game.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                It's going to be a long 11 days until the next game.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Ha! I get to skip a week (but then miss the next game) when I leave for Oktoberfest on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  Ha! I get to skip a week (but then miss the next game) when I leave for Oktoberfest on Friday

Enjoy Oktoberfest and I assumed you were in club level in seating, my apologies.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 09-21-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Hopefully it doesn't get to Rutgers level. They just shut down their student tailgate after their AD shotgunned a beer on stage.

http://deadspin.com/rutgers-student-...bee-1786876482

Comment

UPD is going to enforce the law. Don't be shocked when police officers act like police officers. A lack of wristband seems like more than enough probable cause to ask for an ID to me.

IMO, police officers should not be the ones handling security. Not because a security company would look the other way, but because their JOBS dictate a certain type of behavior. Don't be surprised when people do their jobs.

I drink at tailgate, often too much. I drank in college too, got an underage to prove it. I don't consider myself a prude. However, the cavalier attitude of many towards underage drinking and alcohol in general is puzzling.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if the Highway Patrol setup a checkpoint between Brookings and Volga after a game.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Enjoy Oktoberfest and I assumed you were in club level in seating, my apologies.
                        No worries. I might be (although it would be a hard sell to the wife) but my group has others that would not be able to swing it. For us the games are as much about fellowship as football.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                          For the record, I consumed illegally in college. Had a great time.
                          Yet you seem bound and determined to make sure there's no way students even get the opportunity to make that decision. Students are as you said fully aware that it's illegal and aware of the consequences, but they do it to have a good time, just like you did. If they are able to do this without causing a public nuisance, why should we take that away from them? You did it, so why can't they?

Comment

As thumper suggested, I believe that many posters are too far removed from the situation to be rational about it. I would venture to guess that the opinion that we should completely eradicate all underage drinking at tailgating would not be a very popular one if you talked to all of the people that tailgate. I would imagine they would say that as long as things are under control, they don't mind underage college kids drinking at all, because they know that it's going to happen regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              UPD is going to enforce the law. Don't be shocked when police officers act like police officers. A lack of wristband seems like more than enough probable cause to ask for an ID to me.

IMO, police officers should not be the ones handling security. Not because a security company would look the other way, but because their JOBS dictate a certain type of behavior. Don't be surprised when people do their jobs.

I drink at tailgate, often too much. I drank in college too, got an underage to prove it. I don't consider myself a prude. However, the cavalier attitude of many towards underage drinking and alcohol in general is puzzling.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if the Highway Patrol setup a checkpoint between Brookings and Volga after a game.
                              It says I need to spread my reputation points, so I can only agree with what you have said. The last comment about a checkpoint is music to my ears, since I only have my personal safety to worry about. I certainly can not dictate how someone lives their life, as I was reminded by Thumper 76. I just think that if SDSU adds any more beer to their concession stands they are asking for trouble. With 5 hours of tailgating and 4 hours of beer consumption during the game, none of these people should never get behind the wheel to drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Yet you seem bound and determined to make sure there's no way students even get the opportunity to make that decision. Students are as you said fully aware that it's illegal and aware of the consequences, but they do it to have a good time, just like you did. If they are able to do this without causing a public nuisance, why should we take that away from them? You did it, so why can't they?
                                I do not think there is a conspiracy to assume that anyone's life experience should be curtailed by not allowing underage consumption. I would wager that there is very few that have not had that experience. Some may have even had a puking good time. If that is the only way they want to fly, I think that is their decision. I would not want to suggest any detour from that end. However, the public nuisance you refer is exactly why there is the current hullabaloo. Someone created a near riot situation and now the students are realizing the control that can be used to avoid underage drunken behavior that is not acceptable. If that is not clear enough to understand the current rules that are being enforced, then I would be at a loss to get the message more clear. The students have defecated in the proverbial nest which brings us to the new tailgating rules.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X