Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs. Drake OTD (official tailgate day) Thread

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    But the short kick-off protects us from the highly athletic players...like the guy playing for a non-scholarship school
    LOL I'm old school too,short kick-off's s***

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      no time to get him the ball.
      That's the only way they're going to stop him.

Comment

The Jacks looked so slow and lazy today, outside of the first quarter it felt like we were going through the motions. We went from a vertical offense last week against TCU back to our classic swing pass left, swing pass right, yuck. This D will get gashed by Cal Poly's triple option attack if they don't shape up.

Dallas Goedert's Catch...https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/774801413293551616

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13;300057

Dallas Goedert's Catch...[URL
          https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/774801413293551616[/URL]
          that is even better than I thought...

top 10? I would think it's possible....

Comment

Another angle of Goedert's catch...

Comment

Goedert's catch was just the #5 play on Sportscenter.

Comment

Boy, that was tough to watch tonight. Koodos to the Drake D, especially the D line, they had TC running for his life in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. From what I saw, our O-line pulled a complete 180 from last week. Hopefully it was "playing down to the competition" but that shouldn't happen as a top 10 team IMO. Coaches and players, O and D need to regroup, for CP next week. We play like that again this year and we have zero chance at playoffs. If anyone else saw something more positive, I'm all ears. Hope it was just a bad night

Comment

Forgot to say this, what a grab by Goedert!!! Absolutely amazing

Comment

A geezer's view of yesterday:

1) It was a phenomenal big time experience as the whole city and campus had a different feel.
                    2) The football team seemed to have lost some of its mojo after the second scoring drive.
                    3) Good student crowd but 60% were gone by the start of the second half. Maybe they were bored.
                    4) The athletic department needs to address Jackrabbit Club level parking as many donors were turned away even though some lots were not full.
                    5) Tailgate people should not be allowed to take slots to set up chairs, tables and games. By 5:15 JRC members were being turned away as they were told lots were full. It was frustrating, especially for senior supporters who then didn't know where to park.

Comment

One more observation about yesterday. It was great that the athletic department recognized the three presidents at halftime (Miller, Chicoine, Dunn). It was especially gratifying to see Peggy Miller on that field. That woman took a lot of heat from a lot of alumni after making the courageous decision to move from DII to DI. It was during her tenure that the Jackrabbit Guarantee was born. Those two things laid the foundation for an enormous jump in student enrollment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        Goedert's catch was just the #5 play on Sportscenter.
                        What the heck were the 4 that beat it ?

Comment

Line is a concern for me. Other than last week's one long run, we haven't been able to get a consistent run game going. Defense looked blah. These are the things that cost us against high quality opponents.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Line is a concern for me. Other than last week's one long run, we haven't been able to get a consistent run game going. Defense looked blah. These are the things that cost us against high quality opponents.
                            Both side of the ball are a concern. We looked very much like an 0-8 MVFC team last evening. We need to learn from the film and get better prepared for Cal Poly.
                            My experience with Club 71 was so-so. Some one on here warned me about an aisle seat but did not listen. Those eight dollar beers caused the first quarter to be nothing but letting people out so they could get some more beer. Although I have not drank beer in 43 years, I had thought this was good idea for raising revenue. After last night, I am not so sure. With an arthritic knee, this getting up and down drove me crazy, but then I live in a drinking society so will have to adapt. I seen 16 bucks go up and down the aisle very often though. Its not my money so carry on. One thing, the special entrance for club and loge seating had no one selling programs, and I had to go back down to the peasant entrance to purchase one. I am sure they will improve on that.

Comment

It was the #1 play on College Football Final.

Comment

I think the One hander by Auburn, The CMU Hail mary that was latterell-ed back and won the game, though the game should have been over officially. Maybe Ill. St. Win over NW. THose are some that likely would be up there, oh and the blocked kick in the TCU game.

Comment

Working...
                                X