Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

5 home games for UNI will cost you up to $141 for the package. There is also a $12 athletic fee for each ticket purchased(I am not sure if that is per game or season). Individual tickets are $42. There are cheaper tickets to be had as well. If there is another fee like the Jackrabbit Club, I did not see. The biggest difference would be the donation required. I see that the Montana has tailgating operated by the Grizzly Scholarship Association and they will sell beers for $4 and there is food, water, and soda available. They provide music and there is a pre game radio broadcast. The season tickets are $260 for 6 games. There is also single game tickets that will be $36, $41, $46, and $51 depending on the opponent. Maybe there is a Bison season ticket holder who can relay the costs in Fargo.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      This thread is stupendously depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Sure.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]825[/ATTACH]

Parking map. Sorry it's so small.

Orange: Backyard
          Black: $10 pay lots
          Dark Blue: Jackrabbit Club Parking
          Yellow: Suite/Loge Parking
          Purple (east of Indoor facility): media
          Green(east of PAC): Family Friendly Tailgaiting parking
          Light Blue: General Parking
          Pink: RV Parking
          I went to GoJacks.com to see if a parking map was available that may be more readable. The Parking page under the "Tickets" tab says:

For football and basketball games, parking lots in proximity to the facilities are designated as Priority Parking, pay event lots and free parking.
          For home football games BATA Public Transit will be providing shuttles for all fans prior to the game. Busses will pick up fans in parking lots or walking to the stadium and drop off at either the SE or SW entrance to the stadium.
          Please refer to the maps below for parking lot locations and game day designations near Frost Arena and Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.
          Print Friendly Version

Of course, there were no maps on the page. (Do webdesigners take a class in "How to frustrate those who access the website".) The "Print Friendly Version" was just that: a printer-ready version of the page text but no maps.

While on the site, I clicked on the "tailgating" section. It simply states "Check back soon for 2016 tailgating policies and information." I wonder if some/much of the hand-wringing on this thread may be misplaced or, at least for now, not supported.

And message to BrerRabbit: Do you claim to be "regular folk?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            This all makes sense to me especially about vehicles. Not a good idea to drive in these areas 2 hours before kick off. Wrist bands? I do have a problem grasping the purpose of this except to prevent under age consumption which might keep the First Bank and Trust tent in tact for the season. I suspect those guilty last year were very underage. Some-one a semester or two away from the sheepskin, is unlikely to do those kind of things. Always exceptions though.
            Listen.....one vehicle? Really? So what do we throw that parking tag in the middle of our group with a single knife and the winner who gets it wins? Pretty sure this won't stand in our tailgate group....which I suppose we are a drop in the bucket so f%^ it, who cares if we've been doing this for a decade or more and been bringing and telling people to show up for games and they are a blast. I will also add getting equipment to the site from various vehicles, what they are asking is we carry from the parking area: grill, chairs, tables or buy an RV.....that all seems convenient. As for wristbands, I don't find that a huge deal. Annoying as hell? Yes. Understandable? I guess. Underage kids drinking? The travesty, never happened while I was in college I can assure you. Trust me, just as many idiots over 21 as under that get drunk, I've been both and paid my consequences, no where have I blamed anyone but myself. A wristband is not going to stop any of that. You'll really be able to enjoy looking at that stadium in its entirety since it will be mostly empty. Once again administration not seeing that tailgating builds that crowd and definitely built it up in the D2 days, not nice seats and a scoreboard. Go Jacks!

So I will put a solution: Why didn't we just try the wristbands this year rather than go full knee jerk and punish the people who have been quietly parking in their spots and having a great time? I'm sure this would have just the same effect. Or are they trying to get rid of the people who purchase spots with multiple parties so they can raise lot prices and sell them off to single donors and corporate parties. if that's the case **** you SDSU
            Last edited by Theee Catrabbit; 08-09-2016, 11:25 AM.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Quite a few changes for sure. The north tailgate lot (backyard) certainly won't be a place for random fans to hang out.

You will still get multiple parking passes but only one vehicle will be allowed to remain at the site. Others will park in the gravel lot to the north

Lot opens 5 hours before the game and is closed to vehicle traffic 2 hours before. Will close at game time and you must vacate within 1 hour after the game.

There is a policy against "loitering" that may be tough to enforce.

They are not allowing RV's or large vehicles north of the stadium, there is a designated RV lot. There is a family friendly tailgate lot by the Performing Arts center that is free and no alcohol is allowed.

As for parking, there are plenty of general lots that are also free, no alcohol or tailgating permitted.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Quite a few changes for sure. The north tailgate lot (backyard) certainly won't be a place for random fans to hang out.

You will still get multiple parking passes but only one vehicle will be allowed to remain at the site. Others will park in the gravel lot to the north

Lot opens 5 hours before the game and is closed to vehicle traffic 2 hours before. Will close at game time and you must vacate within 1 hour after the game.

They are not allowing RV's or large vehicles north of the stadium, there is a designated RV lot. There is a family friendly tailgate lot by the Performing Arts center that is free and no alcohol is allowed.

As for parking, there are plenty of general lots that are also free, no alcohol or tailgating permitted.

This sounds horrible. An over-reaction that will pretty much ruin tailgating.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

You can still park your camper or RV in your designated tailgating spot. They just don't want it in the gravel lot north of the backyard.

I don't understand the idea about not letting more than one vehicle park in the lot. We all get there 4-5 hours before the game and don't leave until after the game. What is the harm in letting us park in our spot if there is room? We have a 40x60 spot for goodness sakes!

I think the changes will be fine, but they are just odd to me.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Listen.....one vehicle? Really? So what do we throw that parking tag in the middle of our group with a single knife and the winner who gets it wins? Pretty sure this won't stand in our tailgate group....which I suppose we are a drop in the bucket so f%^ it, who cares if we've been doing this for a decade or more and been bringing and telling people to show up for games and they are a blast. I will also add getting equipment to the site from various vehicles, what they are asking is we carry from the parking area: grill, chairs, tables or buy an RV.....that all seems convenient. As for wristbands, I don't find that a huge deal. Annoying as hell? Yes. Understandable? I guess. Underage kids drinking? The travesty, never happened while I was in college I can assure you. Trust me, just as many idiots over 21 as under that get drunk, I've been both and paid my consequences, no where have I blamed anyone but myself. A wristband is not going to stop any of that. You'll really be able to enjoy looking at that stadium in its entirety since it will be mostly empty. Once again administration not seeing that tailgating builds that crowd and definitely built it up in the D2 days, not nice seats and a scoreboard. Go Jacks!

So I will put a solution: Why didn't we just try the wristbands this year rather than go full knee jerk and punish the people who have been quietly parking in their spots and having a great time? I'm sure this would have just the same effect. Or are they trying to get rid of the people who purchase spots with multiple parties so they can raise lot prices and sell them off to single donors and corporate parties. if that's the case **** you SDSU
                    Instead of a knee jerk reaction to a perceived issue wouldn't it be better to just wait and see how things actually are with the new rules? I'm guessing if you're stuff was destroyed last year by a mob of students you'd be asking for change to. Time will tell whether or not tailgating will suck or not.

And before someone says it's just kids being kids...well there are still many in Brookings that remember Hobo Day 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Instead of a knee jerk reaction to a perceived issue wouldn't it be better to just wait and see how things actually are with the new rules? I'm guessing if you're stuff was destroyed last year by a mob of students you'd be asking for change to. Time will tell whether or not tailgating will suck or not.

And before someone says it's just kids being kids...well there are still many in Brookings that remember Hobo Day 1990.
                      This makes sense! And yes 1990 is clearly in my rear view mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

So...you are saying I shouldn't knee jerk react to knee jerk reactions? Sorry but I have a real problem with 1 car in the tailgate area. I have a real problem with not being able to pull in 2 hours prior to a game. Neither of those rules seem to have been a problem until evidently now. I'm not paying for a tailgate area I have to walk to lugging a grill or a couple tables or whatever. I don't think those are knee jerk at all. Not to mention grabbing said equipment(tables chairs, grills , etc) and lugging it back to your parked cars prior to getting in to the stadium, probably being harassed by UPD who couldn't be bothered to do their job last year and I look like a slow easy target in an effort to justify their paycheck this year. I'm not purchasing this spot for an extra workout program. As for stuff getting ruined, I think First National Bank can swing that note and not break a financial sweat.

I remember Hobo Day '90. I was at Hobo Day '90. I know more about Hobo Day '90 than most. I'm not worried about that happening again because you just simply don't have the High Schoolers that could get that started anymore.
                        Last edited by Theee Catrabbit; 08-09-2016, 09:00 PM.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

There is a lot of angst about the parking and tailgate situations and rightfully so as we are all stepping into the unknown right now. There is a learning curve for both the fans and the athletic administration so there are a few bumps ahead. One thing I hope the administration gives a lot of thought to is an exit strategy. Getting 15,000+ people out of the parking lots will be a challenge but it's all part of the game day experience. There is a fair amount of frustration having to wait an inordinate amount of time to get out of the parking lots.

Comment

I hope they don't ruin tailgating. It's a great way to grow a fan base when you make it an entire event.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              I hope they don't ruin tailgating. It's a great way to grow a fan base when you make it an entire event.
                              I'm honestly starting to question whether the people at the top care about growing the fan base. It seems like they mostly care about generating short term revenue.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                . As for stuff getting ruined, I think First National Bank can swing that note and not break a financial sweat.
                                They might not have to sweat at all. Doesn't mean that they should just roll over and take it. As alumni, we shouldn't be ok with what happened to their property either.

Is this the ideal solution? Probably not. Something needed to change after what happened last year. There is probably a better solution, but I can't tell you what it is.
                                Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
                                X