Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgating

We've had our spot for years now and have been quite concerned that the Department was going to take spots away from regular folks like us so they could sell them to the corporate sponsors instead. Glad to see that didn't happen this year. Still on the lookout for that.

I think generally that there are too many rules attached to tailgating and I don't see the kids in the same negative light that some of you do. They're out in the game day environment, enjoying the event, often with family and friends. Some drink too much and act foolishly. So what? My game day experience would be lessened substantially without the students enthusiasm and antics, and YOURS would be too.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
      lol Cappin that's about right. Let's let a few bad apples turn tailgating into a church picnic. If everyone continues to complain there will be more and more rules and that's where it's headed.
      You got a problem with church picnics??? Only joking.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Whats with the parking plan? different from most years or what?

From what I'm being told EVERY lot on campus will be charging for parking. Priority parking will be moved to the library parking lot. You will not be able to enter campus from the northwest (by animal science) as that road will be blocked. They are in process of trying to hire 150 people to handle the parking!

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          From what I'm being told EVERY lot on campus will be charging for parking. Priority parking will be moved to the library parking lot. You will not be able to enter campus from the northwest (by animal science) as that road will be blocked. They are in process of trying to hire 150 people to handle the parking!
          gotta pay for that new stadium some how. about about the dirt lot behind the parking lot next to the PAC? I thought before if it was a paid lot you could tailgate in it, but the free lots you couldnt.

what they need to do is have someone directing traffic down at the corner of university blvd and 22nd st behind Mccrory gardens. Traffic turns off of highway 14 and it takes for ever to get out of that side of the stadium. If they would direct traffic it seems it would flow much better. you can sit there for 15 minutes on university blvd some games and not even move. trying to leave other directions seems to fight traffic too. sure its like that from most areas of campus leaving, but it seems in the past they had someone directing traffic from the north campus drive and Medary intersection before. If you cat drive on North campus drive how are you suppose to get to the lots by the library? you cant go from from jackrabbit dr or university blvd to those lots........
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I have to say that the whole part about having your drink in a non-transparent cup or coozie thing has always been a head scratcher to me. What does is matter? If anything, it would make more sense to say it needs to be in an opaque cup and ban cozies so everyone can see what you are doing.

Am I right or am I right?

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              You got a problem with church picnics??? Only joking.
              Some one from Augustana should love church picnics, that's the highlight of the year in the Lutheran Church. They never served beer at those I attended. That must be what Augie was referring to.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 08-08-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                gotta pay for that new stadium some how. about about the dirt lot behind the parking lot next to the PAC? I thought before if it was a paid lot you could tailgate in it, but the free lots you couldnt.

what they need to do is have someone directing traffic down at the corner of university blvd and 22nd st behind Mccrory gardens. Traffic turns off of highway 14 and it takes for ever to get out of that side of the stadium. If they would direct traffic it seems it would flow much better. you can sit there for 15 minutes on university blvd some games and not even move. trying to leave other directions seems to fight traffic too. sure its like that from most areas of campus leaving, but it seems in the past they had someone directing traffic from the north campus drive and Medary intersection before. If you cat drive on North campus drive how are you suppose to get to the lots by the library? you cant go from from jackrabbit dr or university blvd to those lots........
                It will be interesting. Doesn't sound like a bad gig tho. They are offering $20/hr plus if you work all home games you get a $500.00 bonus.

Comment

image.jpg

Parking map. Sorry it's so small.

Orange: Backyard
                  Black: $10 pay lots
                  Dark Blue: Jackrabbit Club Parking
                  Yellow: Suite/Loge Parking
                  Purple (east of Indoor facility): media
                  Green(east of PAC): Family Friendly Tailgaiting parking
                  Light Blue: General Parking
                  Pink: RV Parking

Comment

What is the gray north of the orange?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Tailgating

Tailgate Gravel lot. $5/vehicle until it fills up.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                        It will be interesting. Doesn't sound like a bad gig tho. They are offering $20/hr plus if you work all home games you get a $500.00 bonus.
                        ... seriously? Apparently work study has changed a bit since my college days.

I would love to see some kind of real analysis done on cost of attending an SDSU game 2 years ago vs. this season. Not ticket prices have gone up by x dollars, but a real cost analysis of the average cost for a family of 4 purchasing season tickets. Paging Matt Zimmer... this is the kind of story TV or especially Stu would have been all over. My feeling is that the cost has gone up by more than 100% by the time you factor in donation increases and now parking.

This is concerning to me. I love going to SDSU games, have been going since before I can remember. My household makes a pretty good living - from what I understand it is more than double the state average. I'm not flying off the handle or anything, but I'm shaking my head over this. Who is making these decisions, and are they expecting to grow the fanbase or just revenue? Growing revenue is extremely short-sighted. This stinks of a strategy I would expect from administrators looking to make the financial numbers look good so they can move on before the real effects of these policies come to fruition. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I know compared to the cost to see the Super Bowl we are getting a heck of a deal, so posters who want to compare our ticket prices to another completely different experience can save it.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

... seriously? Apparently work study has changed a bit since my college days.

I would love to see some kind of real analysis done on cost of attending an SDSU game 2 years ago vs. this season. Not ticket prices have gone up by x dollars, but a real cost analysis of the average cost for a family of 4 purchasing season tickets. Paging Matt Zimmer... this is the kind of story TV or especially Stu would have been all over. My feeling is that the cost has gone up by more than 100% by the time you factor in donation increases and now parking.

This is concerning to me. I love going to SDSU games, have been going since before I can remember. My household makes a pretty good living - from what I understand it is more than double the state average. I'm not flying off the handle or anything, but I'm shaking my head over this. Who is making these decisions, and are they expecting to grow the fanbase or just revenue? Growing revenue is extremely short-sighted. This stinks of a strategy I would expect from administrators looking to make the financial numbers look good so they can move on before the real effects of these policies come to fruition. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I know compared to the cost to see the Super Bowl we are getting a heck of a deal, so posters who want to compare our ticket prices to another completely different experience can save it.
                          No work study on this deal. They don't want to hire college kids cause they want them to go to the game.

Comment

Am I off my rocker, or did paid parking used to go to the Pride? Is that still the case?

Comment

Am I off my rocker, or did paid parking used to go to the Pride? Is that still the case?
                              You are correct it used to go to them but not anymore. The university is taking it over. It didn't sound like the Pride would be involved but maybe they have a plan?

Comment

This thread is stupendously depressing.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X