Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Is he saying : TOTES
    GO YOTES?

Comment

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Is he saying : TOTES
      GO YOTES?
      Is there a way I can take back rep given?

Comment

If you feel like your tailgate experience is lacking, I recommend coming to the west lot directly west of the IPF and tailgate with our group. No one bothers us and we have a great turnout every weekend. Hobo Day will be a riot. I swear if people are giving you trouble, your'e tailgating in the wrong area. All are welcome.

SDSU's tailgating scene is getting a lot bigger than the backyard. I recommend those kids that are having trouble branch out.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Good advice from KUlawJack. Lots of fun tailgating all over the place, not just the backyard. Our tailgating experience, whether in the backyard (once this year) or in the parking lot immediately to the west of the SJAC, has been a lot of fun and no one has bugged us.

Let's keep in mind that while this thread has been quite active, count the number of posters and keep in mind all of us "regulars" on this message board tend to vent and write strong statements. Opinions stated on this message board are not always accurate representations of what is going on with respect to SDSU athletics. The crowds we've had for the first three home games suggest the opposite of the assertions by some who say there's something wrong with the game-day experience.

And I'm getting just a touch tired of complaints about the students not having much fun at tailgating. They need to do what we did in the old days: drink a lot but always, always, be in position to outrun the cops. Have people forgotten that? That suggests to me other problems like (a) the physical conditioning of students -- can't outrun UPD? Or, (b) students have forgotten the rule that when you're at risk of getting pursued by the cops, and you may not be in good physical conditioning, always bring a friend who is a lot slower. [Okay, being serious now: I went to every home football game in my four years at State -- without drinking any alcoholic beverages. I worked on the stat's crew in the press box and had a blast watching football.] From what I have been reading, student attendance at football games at a lot of colleges leaves a lot to be desired and it's my guess we're doing about average in that category. A huge student crowd in CAS doesn't look quite the same in the new stadium.

The stadium was constructed contemplating that its size would take a little time to grow into. Well, I think we'll grow into much faster than many others think. If the tailgating portion of the game day is such a downer, why the nice crowds at the game?

Thumper's comments contrast the NDSU tailgating experience as he observed it. Bisonville has its thread where there is similar chatter about what is wrong with tailgating in Fargo. I think Dome Nazis is a trademarked name up there. From what I've seen, NDSU has a great tailgating experience...and overall we do too. But some NDSU fans have their complaints.

Last game we parked adjacent to KUlawJack's group. They're doing it right and having a great experience every game day. Walk around to any of the parking lots and note the atmosphere on all sides of the stadium.
          Last edited by JackJD; 10-06-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Good advice from KUlawJack. Lots of fun tailgating all over the place, not just the backyard. Our tailgating experience, whether in the backyard (once this year) or in the parking lot immediately to the west of the SJAC, has been a lot of fun and no one has bugged us.

Let's keep in mind that while this thread has been quite active, count the number of posters and keep in mind all of us "regulars" on this message board tend to vent and write strong statements. Opinions stated on this message board are not always accurate representations of what is going on with respect to SDSU athletics. The crowds we've had for the first three home games suggest the opposite of the assertions by some who say there's something wrong with the game-day experience.

And I'm getting just a touch tired of complaints about the students not having much fun at tailgating. They need to do what we did in the old days: drink a lot but always, always, be in position to outrun the cops. Have people forgotten that? That suggests to me other problems like (a) the physical conditioning of students -- can't outrun UPD? Or, (b) students have forgotten the rule that when you're at risk of getting pursued by the cops, and you may not be in good physical conditioning, always bring a friend who is a lot slower. [Okay, being serious now: I went to every home football game in my four years at State -- without drinking any alcoholic beverages. I worked on the stat's crew in the press box and had a blast watching football.] From what I have been reading, student attendance at football games at a lot of colleges leaves a lot to be desired and it's my guess we're doing about average in that category. A huge student crowd in CAS doesn't look quite the same in the new stadium.

The stadium was constructed contemplating that its size would take a little time to grow into. Well, I think we'll grow into much faster than many others think. If the tailgating portion of the game day is such a downer, why the nice crowds at the game?

Thumper's comments contrast the NDSU tailgating experience as he observed it. Bisonville has its thread where there is similar chatter about what is wrong with tailgating in Fargo. I think Dome Nazis is a trademarked name up there. From what I've seen, NDSU has a great tailgating experience...and overall we do too. But some NDSU fans have their complaints.

Last game we parked adjacent to KUlawJack's group. They're doing it right and having a great experience every game day. Walk around to any of the parking lots and note the atmosphere on all sides of the stadium.
            The biggest complaint is the restrictive rules on hours and forcing people to line up.

There are cops but if you don't do stupid things they leave you alone
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Over the years, the Jackrabbit faithful responded to the cries for increased donations to augment coaches' salaries, new coaching positions, a dramatic increase in the total scholarship bill, travel and, of course, facility improvement. All of this to make our teams more competitive. Now, I should worry about where students can catch a buzz before a football game? The end of time is coming fast ...

Comment

The students kinda did this to themselves. They congregated in a area of the backyard where the biggest boosters and with the most influential alums and then do stupid things like throw beers cans invade/wreck tailgates and climb on/ urinating on people's 50,000+ RVs. When I was in school 05-09 we had our own separate area, yes it was clear in the back along the north trees but we were not harassed by upd unless someone was being stupid aka the 1%. I was under age but I was flying under the radar and nobody cared and guess what I had a blast and made a lot of memories. Now we have our own spot and we still get together today. That's what the backyard is ment for connecting with your old friends and have a little fun before the Jake and Dallas air show. The students do there own area that if they are not being stupid the upd will not bother, but where is that? The backyard that is full? Another lot like KUlaw? The hyper? I know there trying to relocate the students to the hyper but it sounds like that isn't working. I know for a fact that some students are standing in the same spot in the backyard. So far not near as many but I predict that there will be a large group at hobo days. I think they need to remove the grey parking lot and expand the grass to the north and then maybe there will be room for all. And get rid of the stupid rule of only one vehicle in the lots we rent em we should be able to park in em. This is my opinion, so far I have only in the backyard this season and not have been around to see the other lots so maybe someone else can give insight on those areas. We need to find way so that alums and students are both able to have a good time together. I don't think tighting the rope on the students is the answer. Oh and JackJD love the comment of out running the upd we all have been there, but they only had cars and golf carts then now the have atvs and utvs good luck out running them
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Now that was funny!

Comment

We have had a spot in the backyard for the last 5 years. We have had zero issues this year w/ the new rules, no trouble w/ UPD bothering us and have had more people at our spot than prior years.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      We have had a spot in the backyard for the last 5 years. We have had zero issues this year w/ the new rules, no trouble w/ UPD bothering us and have had more people at our spot than prior years.
                      Same for the Yankton group. There are a few that miss having the large groups of students around but they are the vocal minority. We still have plenty of young people joining us old farts and thus far they have been much more well behaved then last year. Hobo Day could be a different story.....we shall see. If it gets too crazy I'll just head up to the club room and tailgate there.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Same for the Yankton group. There are a few that miss having the large groups of students around but they are the vocal minority. We still have plenty of young people joining us old farts and thus far they have been much more well behaved then last year. Hobo Day could be a different story.....we shall see. If it gets too crazy I'll just head up to the club room and tailgate there.
                        Stop by for some brisket on your way if you head in early. The beer is free at our spot just like in the Club Room and the food is much better.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Stop by for some brisket on your way if you head in early. The beer is free at our spot just like in the Club Room and the food is much better.
                          The club room food leaves a lot to be desired and I mean a lot. Where are you guys located now?
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                            The students kinda did this to themselves. They congregated in a area of the backyard where the biggest boosters and with the most influential alums and then do stupid things like throw beers cans invade/wreck tailgates and climb on/ urinating on people's 50,000+ RVs. When I was in school 05-09 we had our own separate area, yes it was clear in the back along the north trees but we were not harassed by upd unless someone was being stupid aka the 1%. I was under age but I was flying under the radar and nobody cared and guess what I had a blast and made a lot of memories. Now we have our own spot and we still get together today. That's what the backyard is ment for connecting with your old friends and have a little fun before the Jake and Dallas air show. The students do there own area that if they are not being stupid the upd will not bother, but where is that? The backyard that is full? Another lot like KUlaw? The hyper? I know there trying to relocate the students to the hyper but it sounds like that isn't working. I know for a fact that some students are standing in the same spot in the backyard. So far not near as many but I predict that there will be a large group at hobo days. I think they need to remove the grey parking lot and expand the grass to the north and then maybe there will be room for all. And get rid of the stupid rule of only one vehicle in the lots we rent em we should be able to park in em. This is my opinion, so far I have only in the backyard this season and not have been around to see the other lots so maybe someone else can give insight on those areas. We need to find way so that alums and students are both able to have a good time together. I don't think tighting the rope on the students is the answer. Oh and JackJD love the comment of out running the upd we all have been there, but they only had cars and golf carts then now the have atvs and utvs good luck out running them
                            Yeah, my first two Hobo Day experiences were spent in that area. Good times.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Yeah, my first two Hobo Day experiences were spent in that area. Good times.
                              Most of my tailgating time was spent just north of the softball field, which was a great place for students I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                Most of my tailgating time was spent just north of the softball field, which was a great place for students I thought.
                                Wasn't it you that was sponsored by PBR for awhile? hahaha

My favorite north of the softball field student tailgate story is when a student got on top of an old crappy camper used for tailgating and was waiving a US flag. UPD came and told him to get down but he refused and started dancing around. Eventually he lost his balance, stepped on the bathroom vent window and fell through into the camper. Absolutely hilarious to watch!
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X