Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Ours has been great! Lots of good food and lots of old friends from college stopping by. Everyone is curious about the stadium. Majority have left impressed.

The remaining three games our menu will be headlined with chislic, pork loin, and chili. What is everyone else cooking up for the last three game?
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Ours has been great! Lots of good food and lots of old friends from college stopping by. Everyone is curious about the stadium. Majority have left impressed.

The remaining three games our menu will be headlined with chislic, pork loin, and chili. What is everyone else cooking up for the last three game?
      We are going to do ribeye sandwiches again for hobo day. Its easy and they are good. Nothing planned after that.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Brisket for Hobo Day. Lots of beer, Bloody Mary, and probably some whiskey and tequila.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          So how has your tailgate been?

If your pants were off I'm assuming it was a fairly good time.....
          We're not happy about it. But I have had good conversations with admin people I know. Its 1/2 blowing smoke up my ads, but I get it. Essentially more of it has to do with risk management and insurance companies telling SDSU they had to do this, that I understand. If you remember there was one gentlemen that had a heart attack, clustered crowds that were there before,could stop EMTs from getting there in time, I get that. I've seen many of the Jackrabbit faithful and heart attacks are a let of our physical makeup....so I understand.....
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

http://espn991.com/south-dakota-stat...tance-opinion/

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
              My first thought? Proofread before submitting the article. Kind of par for the course for 99.1 though.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
                So I have been against some of the measures the University has taken in regards to tailgating. I think I have made that clear. However, this guy just made such a piss poor argument. Wow!

The attendance for students at the last game LOOKED way worse than it actually was. There were lots of students who sat with their family because of Dad's Weekend. Section 115, 116, and 117 were full of these groups. Students are choosing to drink in their dorms or at house parties before coming to the games and are still coming! I've advocated that the non-tailgating pre-gaming is more dangerous because its an uncontrolled environment but that is for another debate. In terms of the stadium not being full.... we've already killed that argument. Give it time. This guy is an idiot!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

He puts a little disclaimer in bold letters that he's not saying underage drinking is ok but goes ahead and says it's ok. Ok then....

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    He puts a little disclaimer in bold letters that he's not saying underage drinking is ok but goes ahead and says it's ok. Ok then....
                    He is the same guy who said Mike Daum was looking to transfer after Nagy left for Wright State.....this guy knows nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      He is the same guy who said Mike Daum was looking to transfer after Nagy left for Wright State.....this guy knows nothing.
                      I always wondered where he got that info. Clint Sargent told me Nagy told the players to honor their commitment to SDSU,trust Justin Sell to bring in a excellent replacement,and to give the new guy a chance.

Comment

It was another click bait article.

Comment

I dont tailgate but others do and enjoy themselves. I have some problems with amount of time people have to indulge in spirits. I raised my concerns only to be beaten down by you young whipper snappers, so I really dont give a damn about anything any more. This guy wrote this has his opinion. That's fine with me.

Comment

One comment from the article is factually wrong:

It’s a smart move from a business standpoint, because they are welcoming the adults that will come and buy season tickets or buy single tickets*to fill seats, not the students who get in for free. However, students are not happy and a lot have decided to not attend games now.

Students pay activity fees so much per credit hour and its been a policy for a long time going back to 1950? So do the students get in free? I dont think so. I dont have a clue what they pay but they do pay on registration day.

Comment

Getting Rick Rolled would have been better then reading that.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                One comment from the article is factually wrong:

It’s a smart move from a business standpoint, because they are welcoming the adults that will come and buy season tickets or buy single tickets*to fill seats, not the students who get in for free. However, students are not happy and a lot have decided to not attend games now.

Students pay activity fees so much per credit hour and its been a policy for a long time going back to 1950? So do the students get in free? I dont think so. I dont have a clue what they pay but they do pay on registration day.
                                Also from the quote, how students are deciding to stay away now. Call me crazy but I would think that the hobo day and USD game, student sections are going to be probably the fullest they have been all year.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X