Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    A good number of them were at the same place they were last year - clogging up the main intersection in the Backyard. Nothing rowdy, but just standing around taking up space and blocking traffic.
    Agreed why all the changes that were put out there if nothing was going to be enforced. People hanging out in the main intersection and multiple cars park on single spots that was not supposed to happen either. If you have rules but don't enforce them why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      So no campers/trailers/RV's are allowed in a Backyard Lot? Did I miss that rule?

On a side note did anybody not get there Junior Jacks tshirts?
      Campers/RVs will be allowed if it is either left on the reserved spot or uses the orange pass according to the ticket office when I asked about that. But for what it's worth they did not enforce the new rules anyways so just do what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
        People hanging out in the main intersection and multiple cars park on single spots that was not supposed to happen either.
        There didn't appear to be anyone at the gates to the Backyard monitoring incoming foot traffic. I saw several larger groups of students coming into the Backyard. Eventually, the crowd started to build, and I thought, here we go again. But then it seemed to disperse. It never got anywhere close to what last year's mob was like. There may have been multiple vehicles in some spots, but overall, the Backyard seemed much less congested and more open. I thought it was a big improvement over the couple of really bad situations last year.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          There didn't appear to be anyone at the gates to the Backyard monitoring incoming foot traffic. I saw several larger groups of students coming into the Backyard. Eventually, the crowd started to build, and I thought, here we go again. But then it seemed to disperse. It never got anywhere close to what last year's mob was like. There may have been multiple vehicles in some spots, but overall, the Backyard seemed much less congested and more open. I thought it was a big improvement over the couple of really bad situations last year.
          The backyard was less congested and more open because there were many open spots! Our tailgate spots were a bit soggy with all the rain but all worked out. IMO tailgating was much better this year with all that was going on in the parking lots. There was more of a campus wide tailgate rather than in 1 little spot. I think that is how tailgate got its name?

Comment

If there are any employees from Wells Fargo there spot (close to WestsideRabbit and me) that rarely gets used.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              We had a huge group at the YJC spot. Over 200 people. We rent our own toilet and despite attempts to keep the line to a minimum we always end up with a large number random patrons using our facility. Several small groups of drunken students made their way through. Other then acting like idiots they were harmless.

The group of students did begin to build just to our north but things didn't get out of control like they did at Hobo Day and the NDSU game last year. It was a great day of tailgating all-in-all. Hoping for the same this Saturday for the Beef Bowl. We are adjacent to the Dykhouse tailgate spot and they weren't there this week so the extra space was helpful.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would give the tailgating a 5 out of 10 for this past weekend. I thought the crowd was small, despite the favorable weather and I missed the students. We are fortunate to have nieces and nephews at State, along with children of friends and neighbors. I told all of them to come to our spot, and they were glad to join us. This is a typical State overreaction to events and I am in hopes that it self corrects by the time Hobo Day rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                  I would give the tailgating a 5 out of 10 for this past weekend. I thought the crowd was small, despite the favorable weather and I missed the students. We are fortunate to have nieces and nephews at State, along with children of friends and neighbors. I told all of them to come to our spot, and they were glad to join us. This is a typical State overreaction to events and I am in hopes that it self corrects by the time Hobo Day rolls around.
                  If anything like what happened last year happened at your tailgate site I don't think you'd call it an "overreaction". Tailgating can be enjoyed without a violent mob of intoxicated people throwing unopened beer cans, food containers and all kinds of other objects randomly in the air while running over children and taking over the back of trucks with no regard to law enforcement of personal property.

Saturday was great. This Saturday will be as well. Students that can handle their liquor and behave civilly while enjoying the Jackrabbit gameday experience are welcome. Violence and property damage cannot be tolerated.

It's really not that hard to understand.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    If anything like what happened last year happened at your tailgate site I don't think you'd call it an "overreaction". Tailgating can be enjoyed without a violent mob of intoxicated people throwing unopened beer cans, food containers and all kinds of other objects randomly in the air while running over children and taking over the back of trucks with no regard to law enforcement of personal property.

Saturday was great. This Saturday will be as well. Students that can handle their liquor and behave civilly while enjoying the Jackrabbit gameday experience are welcome. Violence and property damage cannot be tolerated.

It's really not that hard to understand.
                    As I witnessed the situation that you described, I would agree 100%. It certainly looked like a tornado coming with terrible behavior of the crowd. If you did not see it, it is hard to describe the level of anarchy beyond this statement.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                      I'd give it an 8. If the crowd seemed small, it's likely because tailgaters now are scattered across parking lots all around the stadium, rather than concentrated in the Backyard. I thought there were plenty of students in the Backyard. In fact, it appeared at least a few spots were reserved by and populated exclusively by students. Overreaction would have been shutting down tailgating. So far -- based on a sample size of one -- this looks like effective management of a really bad situation.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I notice that the signs for the tailgating spots are now up. Everything was a bit behind this year.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          I notice that the signs for the tailgating spots are now up. Everything was a bit behind this year.
                          Which is so unfortunate. The athletic department should be focused on selling tickets right now, not details like signs. How much time was wasted getting tickets to people who already bought them instead of selling them to other fans? Attendance for the home opener was disappointing, and IMO it was partly due to very poor logistics in the athletic department. Sometimes issues like that can't be helped, and I'm sure they are doing their best.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            Which is so unfortunate. The athletic department should be focused on selling tickets right now, not details like signs. How much time was wasted getting tickets to people who already bought them instead of selling them to other fans? Attendance for the home opener was disappointing, and IMO it was partly due to very poor logistics in the athletic department. Sometimes issues like that can't be helped, and I'm sure they are doing their best.
                            Or being able to find the tickets that they have already sold....

Comment

Not a perfect world

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                This is welcome news. Guests depend on the signs, esp when cars are not allowed on the sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X