X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I hereby Invite anyone and everyone into the SDSU tailgate lot. Done
    LOL. I am going to take a screen shot of your post, Catrabbit, print it, fold it up and keep it in my wallet just in case. (Reminds me of the Monopoly 'Get Out of Jail Free' card.)

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      My first thought reading it was, why did you put a sign up sheet for the bathroom, thats odd. Then it was, oh, put up a sign.....
      During Hobo Day and NDSU game we literally needed a sign-up sheet for the bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        During Hobo Day and NDSU game we literally needed a sign-up sheet for the bathroom.
        Might I suggest a lock and key next time UWM?

Also in the same Vein as Thee Catrabbit; rule 17 has no exceptions for law enforcement. so if they come around ask them to excuse themselves as they are clearly in violation of rule 17! NO EXCEPTIONS!

They do not directly call out the grey gravel lot as a tailgating allowed or not allowed area, it seems ambigous to me.
        Also of note, if we have a full house are they really going to tow all of the cars lining jackrabbit avenue as per normal. I mean not eveybody is going to park in a tailgating lot, nor would we want them to/have enough space. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Might I suggest a lock and key next time UWM?

Also in the same Vein as Thee Catrabbit; rule 17 has no exceptions for law enforcement. so if they come around ask them to excuse themselves as they are clearly in violation of rule 17! NO EXCEPTIONS!

They do not directly call out the grey gravel lot as a tailgating allowed or not allowed area, it seems ambigous to me.
          Also of note, if we have a full house are they really going to tow all of the cars lining jackrabbit avenue as per normal. I mean not eveybody is going to park in a tailgating lot, nor would we want them to/have enough space. Thoughts?
          on the tailgate map. The grey lot is called. Tailgate Gravel Lot with an A meaning alcohol can be consumed in that area.

Comment

Our RV will fit into a parking spot in the paved lot. Since I can fit it in one spot, does that mean I can keep tailgating with it in the paved lots or will I be relegated to no man's land in the pink lot? I wonder how this will go when we pull in on September 10.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Our RV will fit into a parking spot in the paved lot. Since I can fit it in one spot, does that mean I can keep tailgating with it in the paved lots or will I be relegated to no man's land in the pink lot? I wonder how this will go when we pull in on September 10.
              That sort of makes me think about all the big dually pick ups that barely fit into the parking spot, they usually do great job parking on the line not leaving enough room for anyone else to fit in the spot next to them. They will probably be ok, so if it fits in a spot i dont see why it would be a problem, but they again you probably have to park on the otherside of campus.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

*deleted by filbert*
                Last edited by filbert; 08-12-2016, 07:04 AM. Reason: No.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

*deleted by filbert*
                  Last edited by filbert; 08-12-2016, 07:05 AM. Reason: No.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    LOL. I am going to take a screen shot of your post, Catrabbit, print it, fold it up and keep it in my wallet just in case. (Reminds me of the Monopoly 'Get Out of Jail Free' card.)

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      CATRABBIT: Can you also issue permission for KULawJack's RV to park wherever they want to park it? Do you do 'permission slips' for missing work or school, too?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        CATRABBIT: Can you also issue permission for KULawJack's RV to park wherever they want to park it? Do you do 'permission slips' for missing work or school, too?
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          Well, ****. No permit then. I'm going to have to call and bitch like I normally do.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I was checking into Taligating @ TCU and ran across this article: http://www.magarchive.tcu.edu/articles/2007-04-fe1.asp

I'll save some reading and point out they had to create a student tailgate as well. some other interesting tidbits are the cost for a spot and the fact that they literally take over student parking and tow their cars if they are not moved.
                            Quote from the end of the article.
                            "Is it worth it?"Without a doubt it is," he says. "When people talk about the TCU gameday atmosphere, it's electric. It's a neat place to be. Other schools notice that when they come here. We've had other athletics directors and development officers talk at length about how nice we have it. The only thing we're missing is a giant open field to put everybody."
                            The closer to Amon Carter Stadium the better."

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              I was checking into Taligating @ TCU and ran across this article: http://www.magarchive.tcu.edu/articles/2007-04-fe1.asp

I'll save some reading and point out they had to create a student tailgate as well. some other interesting tidbits are the cost for a spot and the fact that they literally take over student parking and tow their cars if they are not moved.
                              Quote from the end of the article.
                              "Is it worth it?"Without a doubt it is," he says. "When people talk about the TCU gameday atmosphere, it's electric. It's a neat place to be. Other schools notice that when they come here. We've had other athletics directors and development officers talk at length about how nice we have it. The only thing we're missing is a giant open field to put everybody."
                              The closer to Amon Carter Stadium the better."
                              Interesting read. With student tailgating, I feel the grass area between the student rec center and the stadium is ideal. They could make a promenade with tents on both sides sponsored by different student organizations leading to the stadium.

Comment

I think the really interesting thing about the article was how they handle student tailgating. Seemed like all the student groups were heavily involved from frats all the way up. Sounded like they do a good job of having a party/rock concert feel to it with bands and the big screen set up with other games on it. Also noticed that they had something of a tradition with the students all marching from the tailgate area into the stadium. That feels like it could tie in pretty well with what the students started doing last year.

One thing that I think could possibly be hurting the success of the student tailgate is alcohol and rule issues. I know it's a tough issue especially with students, but if you strictly enforce no alcohol and have UPD prowling that area to give underage tickets, I could see that as a large reason the students go to other areas and cause problems. I have no idea what the policies are or were for the student tailgate area, but honestly the best way to keep the rest of the tailgating fun without draconian rules to keep students in check is to try to contain them in their own lot (which seems to be a pretty popular opinion). You aren't going to keep them in that lot if you have a zero tolerance policy over there. Students are going to drink. That's the way it is. I'm not saying allow beer bongs and stuff at the student area, but I feel if they approached it with more if the intent to just make sure nobody is out of control it would make a massive difference. Have the wristbands over there, maybe set up some beer pong with water in the cups. He'll have a tournament for it. Have a big DJ set up with LOUD music. The students are going to go where they think the most fun party is. If the student lot has too much of a structured, rigid, university sponsored feel while the regular lots are more where the party is at, that's where they are going to go. Honestly you most likely have to let the student area be crazier than the regular lots. Because that's what college kids do. Don't let it get dangerous, but you can't have strict rules and oversight and expect college kids who have been drinking since 9-10 to go there to party before the game. And let's be honest, that's what they're going to the tailgate for. To party. The biggest issue I see is high school kids trying to sneak in, which is fairly easy to solve. If the kid looks too young, show a drivers license or ID. Under 18 and no student ID, not allowed in.

Comment

Working...
                                X