Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    "All fans entering the reserved tailgate lot must have a spot they are invited to." Another L.O.L....
    Why LOL?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I have a feeling the yellow lot west of the stadium will be hilariously empty except for the 3 biggest games every year...

I will reserve final judgement until after the season, but at this point I'd rather have CAS back. That's just me though, I won't be hanging out with Dana in the First Premier suite.
      I'd give you rep but: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SF_Rabbit_Fan again.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        Why LOL?
        Because it's not a private party. It's a public event that should be open to all. An open, inviting event that encourages more fans to participate than just the fans that have a spot or have friends with spots. Think about an alum coming back and not knowing someone who has a spot, but wanting to partake in the festivities, possibly run into some old friends, and meet new ones. Are we really going to turn someone like that away? That's the worst case, in addition to that we should encourage any and all people to join.

Comment

Gee! Will there be any discussion about football? Or will we be chewing on tailgating rules into week 10 of the season? SF fan I am happy CAS is now part of land fill or part of a highway somewhere. I would never wish that failure back for any reason. These changes will require adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Gee! Will there be any discussion about football? Or will we be chewing on tailgating rules into week 10 of the season? .
            I imagine we'll be talking about this until next year, And I plan to keep the discussion going. People who rent the lots have every right to be disgruntled with some of these rules. Will we adjust? Maybe. If you want to talk football there are about 10 other threads on the topic. This one is listed as "Tailgating", so much to your chagrin people are discussing "Tailgating". From what I understand you don't tailgate, which is fine, but to some of us, we actually travel and work and everything else and now we have to worry about sending out invitations to people to come to our tailgate area and now find out the most positive way to engage with this new rules system. But here, I think based off of no knowledge how good the Jacks will be this year, they will win a couple games. Sorry for the Thread drift......
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Because it's not a private party. It's a public event that should be open to all. An open, inviting event that encourages more fans to participate than just the fans that have a spot or have friends with spots. Think about an alum coming back and not knowing someone who has a spot, but wanting to partake in the festivities, possibly run into some old friends, and meet new ones. Are we really going to turn someone like that away? That's the worst case, in addition to that we should encourage any and all people to join.
              I'm pretty sure that those with reserved lots in the backyard would disagree with you.

The rule on "no loitering" and "having a spot to go to" is clearly admin's attempt at being able to control the student crowd in the backyard as to not have another incident like last year's.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                I imagine we'll be talking about this until next year, And I plan to keep the discussion going. People who rent the lots have every right to be disgruntled with some of these rules. Will we adjust? Maybe. If you want to talk football there are about 10 other threads on the topic. This one is listed as "Tailgating", so much to your chagrin people are discussing "Tailgating". From what I understand you don't tailgate, which is fine, but to some of us, we actually travel and work and everything else and now we have to worry about sending out invitations to people to come to our tailgate area and now find out the most positive way to engage with this new rules system. But here, I think based off of no knowledge how good the Jacks will be this year, they will win a couple games. Sorry for the Thread drift......
                Okay.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that those with reserved lots in the backyard would disagree with you.

The rule on "no loitering" and "having a spot to go to" is clearly admin's attempt at being able to control the student crowd in the backyard as to not have another incident like last year's.
                  You clearly have a false sense of entitlement. Can you imagine yourself having a conversation with an SDSU fan that goes something like this?

SDSU fan: Wow, nice tailgating setup! I'm so excited for the game today. I'm John Doe, What's your name?
                  You: Thanks, but before we get too far, do you have a spot or know someone that has a spot?
                  SDSU fan: No, I'm just enjoying the atmosphere and meeting fellow SDSU fans and I thou...
                  You: SECURITY! UPD! WE HAVE AN INTRUDER!!! (you quickly blow your rape whistle, blow an air horn, and spray the fan with blue ink to make sure he doesn't get away and is punished for his crime)

Again, I'm all for getting rid of the mobs, but there are better ways to go about it.

Comment

After sleeping on it:

-The yellow west lot grinds my gears. If it doesn't have a 60% vacancy rate over the course of the season I will be shocked. Having a quiet, empty lot right next to the stadium will be a killer for gameday atmosphere.
                    -It is a good thing they have long term commitments from people on the most expensive seats. The revenue should stay stable even if attendance numbers fall off (especially if you factor in paid parking!).
                    -Getting long term commitments on season tickets and then making changes like this seems like used car salesman tactics (apologies to the used car salesmen out there, I'm sure some of you are very good people). You didn't want the undercarriage protection? Shoot, well you already signed the loan papers... I guess we can run it on a credit card for you. And it really is a great car, you're gonna love it.
                    -There is NO WAY I would commit to long term season tickets in a renovated Frost with an athletic department that baits and switches like this.
                    -We will make so much money on parking when NDSU rolls into town next year!
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      You clearly have a false sense of entitlement. Can you imagine yourself having a conversation with an SDSU fan that goes something like this?

SDSU fan: Wow, nice tailgating setup! I'm so excited for the game today. I'm John Doe, What's your name?
                      You: Thanks, but before we get too far, do you have a spot or know someone that has a spot?
                      SDSU fan: No, I'm just enjoying the atmosphere and meeting fellow SDSU fans and I thou...
                      You: SECURITY! UPD! WE HAVE AN INTRUDER!!!

Again, I'm all for getting rid of the mobs, but there are better ways to go about it.
                      Sounds excellent. Do you have a reserved spot? If so, please give me the name and location. I'll be showing up with about 500 others, regardless of whether or not we are invited to your particular event/location. Don't worry though, we are just fans (well, OK, all of us will be complete strangers), but hey, we are just looking for a spot to go to meet fellow fans!

There is a reason those spots are "reserved". PS - I think you have the one with a "false sense of entitlement" backwards.

Comment

It's a terrible way to go about doing it though. Wandering through the tailgate and meeting fellow SDSU fans is part of the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          It's a terrible way to go about doing it though. Wandering through the tailgate and meeting fellow SDSU fans is part of the fun.
                          I understand you feel that way, but how is UPD (or whoever is going to do this) expected to enforce crowd control and the rules if there are no rules to be enforced? If we didn't have these documented rules, and UPD went to breakup a mob scene, you can be damned sure there would be some jackoff (probably from this board) that exclaims "you can't make us move, we have every right to be here! It doesn't say in the rules that I can't be here!"

I don't think UPD is going to have any problems with people walking through the backyard. But you're going to have to keep it moving, or enter into a reserved spot. Again, they simply need a mechanism to enforce rules so that there isn't another incident like last year. Why is that such a bad thing?

Comment

Sounds excellent. Do you have a reserved spot? If so, please give me the name and location. I'll be showing up with about 500 others, regardless of whether or not we are invited to your particular event/location. Don't worry though, we are just fans (well, OK, all of us will be complete strangers), but hey, we are just looking for a spot to go to meet fellow fans!

There is a reason those spots are "reserved". PS - I think you have the one with a "false sense of entitlement" backwards.
                            I believe that every person that wants to participate in tailgating should be able to do so as long as they aren't a nuisance. If that sense of entitlement is false, we have a much bigger problem than mobs.

Comment

Maybe I missed it but I dont think the issue with the students was really resolved. There didnt seem to be an area just for them. give them space close by and fun stuff like discussed here previously like music and games etc and they will probably stay around there.

It also seems that many tailgating groups often have an open invite policy themselves, that they look forward to people coming in and visiting and sharing some food and fellowship.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Maybe I missed it but I dont think the issue with the students was really resolved. There didnt seem to be an area just for them. give them space close by and fun stuff like discussed here previously like music and games etc and they will probably stay around there.

It also seems that many tailgating groups often have an open invite policy themselves, that they look forward to people coming in and visiting and sharing some food and fellowship.
                                I think it has been mentioned here previously, but yes the Students did have a specified spot last year. It wasn't in the "Backyard" but a side lot just west of the Backyard. They tried free food, music, etc. to entice the students to congregate in that area.

Comment

Working...
                                X