• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: 2018 Recruiting List

New offer:

Blake Kunz, 6'5" 240 lbs TE/WR out of Germantown, WI.
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/9512322/blake-kunz

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Picture of some of the verbals at "Commit Day" as well as some guys we are high on (Bryce Stai & Blake Peterson). Peterson is a 2019 recruit who has multiple high level FBS offers.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGAj01GU...jpg&name=large

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Here is some additional context. As the article mentions, Fleck focuses on three aspects:
    1). The oar = provides the energy
    2). The boat = signifies community sacrifice (which includes groups as diverse as team, administration, fans, etc.)
    3). The compass = the program's touchstone (the shared goal of success).

The article also echoes some of what SDSUAlum08 posted.
    Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Gopher fan here. Fleck is a little much but considering how the RTB came about I can appreciate where he's coming from. He's also built a lot of fan interest, but we'll see if he can win.

The RTB phrase is meant for a team rowing the boat in unison while not looking the way you're going. When you row, your back is facing where you're going and you have a leader, PJ Fleck in this case, guiding you where to go. It's basically hard work in unison while believing and trusting in your leader that you're going in the right direction. So everyone gets a paddle and you start working together and you trust Fleck to lead you where you need to go.
    I don't like the gophers, but IMO Fleck was a great hire. Hopefully Minnesota will groom him up for P5 football just in time for Brian Kelly's ouster at Notre Dame.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Today is "Committment Day". Coaches are bringing in guys & their families who have already verbally committed and probably a few on the fence.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I am sad to hear of his loss, and it's neat what he's doing. After reading the article the relevance of "row the boat" is still a mystery. Did they row together? I'll have to read it again. I must have missed correlation it why that phrase is used.

Here is some additional context. As the article mentions, Fleck focuses on three aspects:
    1). The oar = provides the energy
    2). The boat = signifies community sacrifice (which includes groups as diverse as team, administration, fans, etc.)
    3). The compass = the program's touchstone (the shared goal of success).

The article also echoes some of what SDSUAlum08 posted.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

I am sad to hear of his loss, and it's neat what he's doing. After reading the article the relevance of "row the boat" is still a mystery. Did they row together? I'll have to read it again. I must have missed correlation it why that phrase is used.

Gopher fan here. Fleck is a little much but considering how the RTB came about I can appreciate where he's coming from. He's also built a lot of fan interest, but we'll see if he can win.

The RTB phrase is meant for a team rowing the boat in unison while not looking the way you're going. When you row, your back is facing where you're going and you have a leader, PJ Fleck in this case, guiding you where to go. It's basically hard work in unison while believing and trusting in your leader that you're going in the right direction. So everyone gets a paddle and you start working together and you trust Fleck to lead you where you need to go.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

I just don't get this idiom.
    How's a Gopher supposed to row? And why what does that have to do with anything but the Vikings? (A Sterling example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory I might add)

Don't even get me started on how their mascot isn't even a Gopher.

And that's where you want to learn... The U of M istakes.

I wasn't aware of the specific origins of the phrase until recently, but this article summarizes that the death of P.J. Fleck's son due to a heart condition was the catalyst for the phrase. Espn's Darren Rovell is reporting that Fleck indicates he will not profit from sales of "Row the Boat" apparel either; rather, licensing funds will be donated to Masonic Children's Hospital.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Grant Norton is going to Row the Boat for Fleck at MN...
    I just don't get this idiom.
    How's a Gopher supposed to row? And why what does that have to do with anything but the Vikings? (A Sterling example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory I might add)

Don't even get me started on how their mascot isn't even a Gopher.

And that's where you want to learn... The U of M istakes.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Grant Norton is going to Row the Boat for Fleck at MN...

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

OT/DT - Marcus Greer***, 6'3" 300, St. Louis, MO (Chaminade) - HUDL, Rivals
    Offers: Air Force, Army, Navy, Central Michigan, Syracuse, Louisiana Tech, Ohio, Eastern Michigan, USD, Central Arkansas, Murray State, Samford, Southeast Missouri State,

​Committed to Middle Tennessee State per twitter.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

LB - Jordan Guilfoy, 6'1" 200, St. Louis, MO (Vianney) - HUDL
    Offers: Illinois State, Missouri State, Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, Southeast Missouri

Committed to Missouri State per twitter account.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I think I saw on Twitter that fall camp starts on the 25th.
    The 30th is commitment day. They are bringing current verbals, families, and the last few targets and their families to brookings for a fun weekend. Obviously they can't sign but they want to get the verbals out of the way before the season starts!

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I think that's the day fall camp begins. Hence the "C" Day. Maybe I'm wrong though??
    I think I saw on Twitter that fall camp starts on the 25th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X