Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 roster

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Thanks, he's such a raw talent. I think he has a bright future if he commits and stays. But attitude and the desire to be here is huge. Played excellent on special teams this season. I'm sure disappointment in lack of defensive playing time didn't help. I was looking forward to what he came back with next year but as you said, time will tell.
    Still did not get answer on who the dude was that lived next door and was threatening to leave? Was Hassell or Banasich? Or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Still did not get answer on who the dude was that lived next door and was threatening to leave? Was Hassell or Banasich? Or both?
      This was Hassell

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        Thanks, he's such a raw talent. I think he has a bright future if he commits and stays. But attitude and the desire to be here is huge. Played excellent on special teams this season. I'm sure disappointment in lack of defensive playing time didn't help. I was looking forward to what he came back with next year but as you said, time will tell.
        He also has a kid back home in Florida. Being so far away and unable to see your baby very often would be pretty dang tough. If he leaves, I hope he can find something closer to his family.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Sounds like a less than happy camper. Is this Hassel we are speaking of?
          I'm sorry for using the pronoun, but yes it's Hassell. I was referencing the quoted post. My apologies for the confusion.
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Re: Roster

I take it Mike Shoff's career is indeed over due to injury? I don't see him mentioned in any of the depth-chart or 2016 roster speculation. Bummer, if that's the case.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              I take it Mike Shoff's career is indeed over due to injury? I don't see him mentioned in any of the depth-chart or 2016 roster speculation. Bummer, if that's the case.
              Seems like those knees are shot, or even if they are ok enough to play it might not be worth it, I dont blame him for wanting to be able to walk when he is 30. Bummer for sure.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                If I recall correctly, Coach Stig said at the Stater's Luncheon in SF that basically the muscles in that leg with the multiple knee surgeries simply aren't recovering anymore. Basically his one leg is huge like the rest of his body while the other leg is scrawny like a regular joe. Just can't get it to strengthen to where he could be a productive player again.

Comment

That's a real bummer about Mike Shoff. He was always on the sidelines at home games, looking like he wanted to get in the game. On the upside, OL Nick Carr is expected back. What's the story on Anthony Thene? He's another potential stud o-lineman who apparently was hurt and missed the season. 6-3, 350. His size could come in handy.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Okay - here is a compliment and a complaint about Zim's article. I think it was pretty fair and accurate in what was written. My concern is that it was incomplete. One brief paragraph on special teams was not okay. What will happen with punt and kick returning next season? Who will be the holder (I thought Finnes was really good)? According to this thread the long snapper will be back. Special teams are getting more and more attention and they should, but finish the article Zim. It looks like the Argus ran out of room and they just cut off the rest of the story.

Comment

Do the coaches even know who is going to fill those roles at this point in the off season?
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Do the coaches even know who is going to fill those roles at this point in the off season?
                        Most likely not. I would hope we find a FG kicker like Sarah-vodka, or Douglas. I don't recall the spelling of last years kicker, so spell it like it sounds, its the Norwegian in me, they spell everything the way it sounds.

Comment

I totally disagree. We must have had backups or who was in those spots on the depth chart? These are critical positions and deserve discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Vinatieri will be kicking, unless a major upset happens in camp. If Carlson would have missed any time with injury they said his redshirt would have be pulled.

I'd think another 3rd or 4th string QB is the holder. Maybe Menage(switched to WR from QB) would step in.

KR, I'm sure a young RB, Wr or DB gets back there. Love to see Jacob brown try these out. Great numbers in HS doing kick and punt return.

PR, same as KR.

Hope they have a plan to replace Trenhaile at LS after next season. He has been a rock at that spot.

Comment

Zim's roster breakdown was just ok. He has limited knowledge on many positions after one year of SDSU ball and players. The TE position is a huge concern. Goedert is a stud then you have an injury prone blocking TE and redshirt freshmen. RB position by committee will continue unless someone steps forward. People assume young Zenner will be another ZZ and assuming makes .............. OL was not rotating players this year besides Clark/Bloom. This was done because of health. Any other changes came with injuries and those were brief. The OL does not shuffle a rotation like the DL.

Comment

I wouldn't pretend to think Sam is going to be like his brother. That's a difficult role for anyone to fill. I doubt we'll ever witness that again. But do I think Sam could be a 1400-1500 yd back, of course. At that I find him to be tremendously successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X