2016 roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 roster

It depends exactly how it was done, first of all not qualifying out of high school is not the end of the world, and not a guarantee that they won't be fine in college, its just a formula with GPA and ACT score. My guess is if SDSU offered them, and brought them in, they knew about it before hand and felt the risk was worth the reward.

Most likely it counted as their red-shirt season, however there are a few exceptions were it could not have, but my guess would be that it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
      I believe that it counts as their redshirt season. Similar to how Dalton Douglas lost a year of eligibility when he was ineligible. As far as Banasiak, he is back as of now. I guess we will see if he decides to leave again, but he is back on the team.
      So Banasiak left/quit on his own accord? It wasn't an eligibility issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        So Banasiak left/quit on his own accord? It wasn't an eligibility issue?
        Right. He didn't like something whether it was coaches, class, the school, etc. Now he is back and has gotten caught up in his classes to the point where he can rejoin the team.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Re: Roster

Whats the story about Shak Taylor? Zims article on 2016 he said he left school? I hadnt heard that one yet.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Whats the story about Shak Taylor? Zims article on 2016 he said he left school? I hadnt heard that one yet.
            Jacked4Days broke the news in the Roster 2016 thread. Nothing more than he had left the program and Reimer declined to try to earn his scholarship back.

Comment

Jacked4Days broke the news in the Roster 2016 thread. Nothing more than he had left the program and Reimer declined to try to earn his scholarship back.
              According to Zimmer, Shak and SDSU/Brookings weren't a good fit. He also mentioned he wanted to move to Arizona where his brother was.

Comment

Guess when I was out with a kidney stone I dont recall reading that. Thanks. Maybe I better read through that thread again.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  According to Zimmer, Shak and SDSU/Brookings weren't a good fit. He also mentioned he wanted to move to Arizona where his brother was.
                  Not sure if Zim got it exactly correct. He may have a brother in AZ but the part Zim had wrong was he has an uncle, not brother, in the NFL. Taylor was from AZ.

Comment

Zimmer should stick to writing about SDSU sports and not assess or critic the sports team. Last time I checked he doesn't make all practices and games for any of the sport teams. I don't see this from the USD beat writer. Zim is not a coach, scout or a judge of talent. Go tweet some more beer photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      Zimmer should stick to writing about SDSU sports and not assess or critic the sports team. Last time I checked he doesn't make all practices and games for any of the sport teams. I don't see this from the USD beat writer. Zim is not a coach, scout or a judge of talent. Go tweet some more beer photos.
                      What was so horrible about his assessment?

Also so mentioned in today's chat was the rumor that Hassell is jumping ship at semester break. Jacked4Days, what are you hearing on that rumor?

Comment

What was so horrible about his assessment?

Also so mentioned in today's chat was the rumor that Hassell is jumping ship at semester break. Jacked4Days, what are you hearing on that rumor?
                        I lived next to him last year and I don't remember how many times he told me he was leaving. I was surprised to see him back this year. I was told he had a stack of numbers of recruiters and was calling coaches. Plus, he has told the coaches he was going to leave. Then, he was really emotional after the Montana game and talked like he cares about the team. With what happened last year, I don't know what to make of it. I guess time will tell.
                        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I lived next to him last year and I don't remember how many times he told me he was leaving. I was surprised to see him back this year. I was told he had a stack of numbers of recruiters and was calling coaches. Plus, he has told the coaches he was going to leave. Then, he was really emotional after the Montana game and talked like he cares about the team. With what happened last year, I don't know what to make of it. I guess time will tell.
                          Sounds like a less than happy camper. Is this Hassel we are speaking of?

Comment

Thanks, he's such a raw talent. I think he has a bright future if he commits and stays. But attitude and the desire to be here is huge. Played excellent on special teams this season. I'm sure disappointment in lack of defensive playing time didn't help. I was looking forward to what he came back with next year but as you said, time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                              What was wrong with his assessment of next season? He broke down the roster for next year and told us who is returning and who isn't?

Jesus dude, I feel like some people complain just to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                                What was wrong with his assessment of next season? He broke down the roster for next year and told us who is returning and who isn't?

Jesus dude, I feel like some people complain just to complain.
                                Is that irony that your complaining about people complaining?

Comment

Working...
                                X