X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    1.)

3.) Who has said we should fire our athletic dept. because we haven't won it all? That's absurd
    Are you new to the board?
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Are you new to the board?
      Must not read game day threads.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Must not read game day threads.
        Link one where they say to fire our athletic dept. I know you take notes so go for it.

Comment

According to the Internet, the 1995 DII playoffs featured 16 teams. The NCC sent 3 teams to the playoffs that year - NDSU, UND, and Northern Colorado.

In 2009, the FCS playoffs featured 16 teams. SDSU finished the regular season 8-3.
          In 2012, the FCS playoffs featured 20 teams. SDSU finished the regular season 8-3.
          In 2013, the FCS playoffs featured 24 teams. SDSU finished the regular season 8-4.
          In 2014, the FCS playoffs featured 24 teams. SDSU finished the regular season 8-4.
          In 2015, the FCS playoffs featured 24 teams. SDSU finished the regular season 8-3.

We would have made a 16 team field any of those seasons, IMO.

From World War II until 2008, SDSU had 6 seasons with 8 or more wins. Since then, we've had 5.

There is plenty to be critical about, and there isn't anything wrong with wanting conference titles and national championships (I do too!). However, thinking the program is the same today as it has been for the last 20 years isn't reality.
          You're right about the fact that we have more 8 win seasons. Fact is we haven't won any conference championships which is the only way you're assured of a playoff spot. I could argue we wouldn't make any of those 16 teams fields.

I'll admit I'm being difficult about this to prove a point. I get the sense with too many that the goal is simply to win 7 games and make the playoffs. The rest is icing on the cake. That doesn't do it for me.

The argument that things could be worse and I should be ecstatic is a moot point for me.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            Link one where they say to fire our athletic dept. I know you take notes so go for it.
            OK, maybe not the whole athletic department. I won't link out of respect to the original poster, but it took me less than 3 minutes to find this one:

"The whole coaching staff needs to go based on the use of time outs and kickoff strategy alone. All of them. Gone." This was in a game day thread of a game we won!!
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

OK, maybe not the whole athletic department. I won't link out of respect to the original poster, but it took me less than 3 minutes to find this one:

"The whole coaching staff needs to go based on the use of time outs and kickoff strategy alone. All of them. Gone." This was in a game day thread of a game we won!!
              So you got nothing? I'm not surprised you're looking at the game threads where we won. Jacks only lost 3 games, much smaller database.lol

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                Oh that's right Weebs. A team the Bizun beat the daylights out of. Montana beats NDSU by 3. Montana loses to Weebs by 3. NDSU beats Weebs by 27. How does that fit into the formula of "we beat the Bison"? Round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows. Stupid game to play.
                Weebs didn't play against Montana's starting QB and our team was banged up.
                you can go ahead and factor that into this made up " formula" if you'd like lol. I'm just making simple comparisons ;D. The fact is Montana proved they can beat NDSU this year already, something SDSU has yet to do. Bring it Jacks, Griz are ready for some playoff football !

Comment

Originally posted by GorGriz37 View Post
                  Weebs didn't play against Montana's starting QB and our team was banged up.
                  you can go ahead and factor that into this made up " formula" if you'd like lol. I'm just making simple comparisons ;D. The fact is Montana proved they can beat NDSU this year already, something SDSU has yet to do. Bring it Jacks, Griz are ready for some playoff football !
                  Name a game where the teams aren't banged up in some capacity. If NDSU loses to either team next week, they'll just say Wentz was hurt, that excuse is already loaded if needed. Our OL's and DL's have been beat to **** all year. Don't hide behind injuries it's unbecoming of a storied program such as the Girlz.....

Comment

I was not feeling confident in the outcome of this game due to our Jeckyll and Hyde act recently. However, this thread is eerily reminiscent to the pre-game meltdown in the ISUr thread (I tried to contribute to that one as well)...with all of our gripes getting expressed pre-game there is only 1 sure outcome at this point - we win this game against the teddy bears of Montana.

The 2 QB system that I desperately hated is going to come back to the form that we initially knew it when Lujan first came back. Both QB's will split time early in the game, against all logic (mine at least), this will somehow get our offense and team rolling right out of the gate. We move on to the next round and I will again contribute to a pre-game meltdown thread that will result in us breaking the curse of the bison.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                      I was not feeling confident in the outcome of this game due to our Jeckyll and Hyde act recently. However, this thread is eerily reminiscent to the pre-game meltdown in the ISUr thread (I tried to contribute to that one as well)...with all of our gripes getting expressed pre-game there is only 1 sure outcome at this point - we win this game against the teddy bears of Montana.

The 2 QB system that I desperately hated is going to come back to the form that we initially knew it when Lujan first came back. Both QB's will split time early in the game, against all logic (mine at least), this will somehow get our offense and team rolling right out of the gate. We move on to the next round and I will again contribute to a pre-game meltdown thread that will result in us breaking the curse of the bison.
                      I like your thinking. Reverse psychology.

Comment

I am totally on board with a preemptive meltdown. So that way if we lose I get my gripes out of the way and dont have to think about it anymore.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I am totally on board with a preemptive meltdown. So that way if we lose I get my gripes out of the way and dont have to think about it anymore.

Comment

Can we move the majority of this thread to a thread called "SDSU Football - elite or not elite"? We can debate Joe Flacco's elite status in there as well.

Comment

• Re: On to Montana:

I helped start the pregame meltdown let's get this thing going!

Our coaches never get the team up to win the BIG games. Other college coaches have been fired for as much. The whole coaching staff needs to go based on use of tme outs and kick off strategy alone!

(one caveot they have been much better with T.O.'s the year, do I guess we improved this season)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: On to Montana:

Why do we always 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down (wait for it...) pass (big shocker right?) Talk about predictable!!!!
                                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Working...
                                X