Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On to Montana:

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    The coaches and players are competing for a national championship right now. Making the playoffs is competing for a national championship. If we lose at Montana on Saturday, we still competed for the national championship. We've competed for the national championship 4 years in a row now.

This team missed some big opportunities this year, and I think every SDSU fan is pretty disappointed with that. No question. However, the biggest opportunities are still ahead, starting with Saturday at Montana. If we beat Montana, we will have an opportunity to beat NDSU. And so on and so forth.

Lastly, comparing the football programs at SDSU and LSU is like comparing Lewis to Wal-Mart/Target. Nobody shops at Lewis with the same expectations as when they shop at Wal-Mart/Target.
    Do you think SDSU is a legitimate contender this year? If so, how much money would you be willing to wager on SDSU winning it all? Would you feel good about your odds? Not trying to be a pessimist, but I wouldn't. I don't have much faith that we can rattle off 4 wins against the best in the country all on the road without laying an egg. I've just seen it too many times.

By your definition Missouri State "competed" for a national title. There's a difference between "competing" and actually having a decent shot to win it all.

That being said we still have a shot, but it's a standing 600 yarder with a 40 MPH crosswind.

Comment

Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Fact. Can't stand Montana. Mostly just the issues with sex crimes that were swept under the rug by many in the athletic department. But they won a couple national titles......

Stig may have some flaws but running a clean program is not one of them.
      OK I've got to jump in here. This program now is not the same program that it was. You can say all you want about Montana "sweeping it under the rug", but the program is running clean now. It started with Delaney the last 3 years and Stitt is currently keeping it going.

Comment

That being said we still have a shot, but it's a standing 600 yarder with a 40 MPH crosswind.
        Ha, that's quite the hyperbole, but I think we have more than a 0% shot. With a decent route to the semis, I would have given us around a 20% shot, but with the route we have been given, I am thinking more like 5% is realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
          Is it just me or are the Montana fans some of the more hateable fans in college sports?
          Sorry you feel that way, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a more hospitable fan base in the FCS. NDSU easily takes the crown for most hateable fans, but then you realize that the majority of them are also great fans. Learn to ignore the trolls and you'll see how good of a fan base Griz Nation is. If you come to Missoula on Saturday, you won't have to buy a single beer or food on game day.

Comment

Originally posted by GetEmGriz View Post
            OK I've got to jump in here. This program now is not the same program that it was. You can say all you want about Montana "sweeping it under the rug", but the program is running clean now. It started with Delaney the last 3 years and Stitt is currently keeping it going.
            I'm not going to argue with you, but there have been players in the news recently. Not as egregious as the past but in the news nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Ha, that's quite the hyperbole, but I think we have more than a 0% shot. With a decent route to the semis, I would have given us around a 20% shot, but with the route we have been given, I am thinking more like 5% is realistic.
              I agree with this. I knew after last Saturday we weren't going to get any favors from the selection committee.

I'm not putting much money on a 5%er. But I'll cheer like hell come Saturday.

Comment

Opponent report from Zim: http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...lies/76376586/

Comment

I think we have a chance at winning this weekend (although I'm surprised Vegas has us favored by 3), but I do know that there will be plenty of points scored in this one. SDSU will have to outpace them, because I don't think we will lock them down.

Comment

I don't just want us to win; I want us to DESTROY Montana... I don't want us to let up for one minute... whether we're down by thirty or up by sixty... I want that crowd of 20-thousand to sound like 5-thousand at the end of the day. Jacks have something to prove and a big win against Montana will exorcise a lot of demons.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Do you think SDSU is a legitimate contender this year? If so, how much money would you be willing to wager on SDSU winning it all? Would you feel good about your odds? Not trying to be a pessimist, but I wouldn't. I don't have much faith that we can rattle off 4 wins against the best in the country all on the road without laying an egg. I've just seen it too many times.

By your definition Missouri State "competed" for a national title. There's a difference between "competing" and actually having a decent shot to win it all.

I do think we are a legitimate contender. We aren't favorites, which seems like what you are talking about with wagers/odds. But we have shown the ability to beat really good teams.

I guess in the strictest sense of the word, about 120 teams competed for a national championship. MSU's season was over by week 5, UND's was over last Sunday. UND lost to NDSU by more than we did, and I guarantee their team, fans, and admin would switch places with us in a heartbeat for a chance to go to Fargo again.

There are 24 teams still competing for a national championship, and we're one of them. Yes, we are a legitimate contender for the national championship. IMO, saying otherwise is the real loser talk.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Any chance TC plays Saturday or will the coaches make the same mistake as last week?

Comment

I'm guessing TC will play a lot more. I'm very concerned about this game. I wonder about the team's mindset after the disaster in Macomb. And I worry about Montana's up-tempo spread offense. We often have trouble with that sort of thing.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            I'm guessing TC will play a lot more. I'm very concerned about this game. I wonder about the team's mindset after the disaster in Macomb. And I worry about Montana's up-tempo spread offense. We often have trouble with that sort of thing.
                            Historically we've really bounced back from tough losses. I don't think it's a bad thing the team was disappointed at the selection gathering Sunday. If losing last Saturday isn't motivation, I'm not sure what is.

I'm on the fence about Saturday. I think we are better than the griz, but Missoula is a tough place to play. I wouldn't be surprised if we won and won't be shocked if we lose.

Comment

Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

I have a feeling that a win Saturday at Montana may be more difficult than any subsequent playoff games. I also would not be surprised to see the team come out flat after the huge letdown associated with the events of the last week. Add a hostile crowd and a high-powered opponent and you have trouble.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not getting too "emotionally attached" to Saturday's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A pretty simple answer to who wins the game this weekend at Montana, defense will win this game. Limit the passing game and the fast pace will be the key. Please use a nickel or dime package and not four defensive linemen who cannot cover anyone. Hit the QB a few times, interceptions and a fumble will be needed.

Montana pretty much stopped Dakota Prukup last week so they will be ready for TC and his game is not close to Prukup's yet. The Jacks will have to pass with play action to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X