Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Showing up an hour before game time took it's toll today and the ten hour lay over in SF did not help. Might as well start the excuse train woo-woo!!
    Too late I already started it......before the game started.

Comment

Showing up an hour before game time took it's toll today and the ten hour lay over in SF did not help. Might as well start the excuse train woo-woo!!
      SDSU should be able to beat WIU if they arrived just in time for the kickoff. If we think this team deserved a first round bye and a top 4 seed.

Of course the decisions against UNI and the lack of planning against NDSU didn't help us much either

*edit for spelling
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Ohio St fans are probably jumping on the excuse train. The plain fact is the Jacks need to upgrade at pretty much all positions. Basically, the level of recruits are not a giant stride above what they had in DII, just more of them. Check the NFL rosters. Good coaching can only take you so far if there is no dominant player to take over.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          This. Zenner with his speed and power could almost always make the wildcat look good. Now we seem to think throw anyone back there and it will suceed. Feel bad for the players as coaching staff had bad game!
          Plus he played QB his SR yr of HS basically in the wildcat all the time so taking a shotgun snap was natural. Guess we can bring it back next year as Sam played that too.

Glad to see Brady get the 3rd qtr off, SMH!!! Any reason on this earth given for that?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            SDSU should be able to beat WIU if they arrived just in time for the kickoff. If we think this team deserved a first round bye and a top 4 seed.

Of course the decisions against UNI and the lack of planning against NDSU didn't help us much either

*edit for spelling
            Perhaps you should be our team captain since it seems so easy to do every thing.

Comment

Perhaps you should be our team captain since it seems so easy to do every thing.
              Well, I did run the wildcat a couple times in high school so I already have a pretty good grasp of the goal line/short yardage situation.

I didn't say it was easy. A top 5 team finds a way to win. We are a much better team than WIU.

Comment

Probably should have went right to the Wildcat on that last possession when we had first down at the 12. (Would have used purple font but I don't know how).

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Impossible to know if it would have made a difference, but I just think TC gives the team a better chance to win. He has the skills to bail the coaching staff out when they keep calling the same plays.
                  You do realize that TC was in charge and pretty much ineffective during last week's near debacle to USD, right?

For some on this Board, our best QB option will always be the one on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    You do realize that TC was in charge and pretty much ineffective during last week's near debacle to USD, right?

For some on this Board, our best QB option will always be the one on the bench.
                    Agreed 100%.

This program does just enough to get our hopes up then.......well we all know. I cant say I'm one bit surprised by today....

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Agreed 100%.

This program does just enough to get our hopes up then.......well we all know. I cant say I'm one bit surprised by today....
                      Looks like the team to follow into December will be playing basketball. Men and women look really, really good. So that makes the football team's deflation easier to handle

Comment

Credit WIU for the win. Their o-line and big running backs pounded us. We are lucky their QB can't throw on the move and kept throwing all over the place. Their defense defended the pass fairly well and made plays in the run game when needed.

However, why didn't we use Mengarelli in OT? He was on fire. Why did we run TC in for only run plays? I thought Stig said a few weeks ago the "flash" was being retired. What the hell happened with that? Just a poorly called and executed game plan. Lots of blame to spread around. Just another choke job to add to the growing list. So disappointed.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          Credit WIU for the win. Their o-line and big running backs pounded us. We are lucky their QB can't throw on the move and kept throwing all over the place. Their defense defended the pass fairly well and made plays in the run game when needed.

However, why didn't we use Mengarelli in OT? He was on fire. Why did we run TC in for only run plays? I thought Stig said a few weeks ago the "flash" was being retired. What the hell happened with that? Just a poorly called and executed game plan. Lots of blame to spread around. Just another choke job to add to the growing list. So disappointed.
                          These are my thoughts on the game as well. That QB missed so many wide open guys. It could have gotten ugly.

To be honest, this is probably the year that SDSU goes up to Fargo and actually wins. Not because I think it'll actually happen. Only because none of us are expecting it. Hopefully they get a decent bracket and can make a run. If they slide into the Big Sky seed, they could rattle off a couple games. Playoffs start now.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            However, why didn't we use Mengarelli in OT? He was on fire.
                            Why would you use the guy who averaged over nine yards a carry for the game in OT, that seems silly. Right??? Lets be honest, if there is a way to lose the big game, these coaches will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              These are my thoughts on the game as well. That QB missed so many wide open guys. It could have gotten ugly.

To be honest, this is probably the year that SDSU goes up to Fargo and actually wins. Not because I think it'll actually happen. Only because none of us are expecting it. Hopefully they get a decent bracket and can make a run. If they slide into the Big Sky seed, they could rattle off a couple games. Playoffs start now.
                              Their QB also hit a number of long ones where our LBs were trying to cover their WRs with our safeties playing ten yards too deep.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                Well, I did run the wildcat a couple times in high school so I already have a pretty good grasp of the goal line/short yardage situation.

I didn't say it was easy. A top 5 team finds a way to win. We are a much better team than WIU.
                                I agree we are a better team and if the SDSU travel schedule would have allowed a good night sleep for both players and coaches, I think the result would have been much different. We would have won by 3 scores or more, but that did not happen. I sensed a very tired bunch out on the field for the entire game. This not the same team we saw last Saturday nor the Saturday before. And I was being sarcastic in replying to your post. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X