X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Did they leave yet?
    I would recommend getting a Twitter account, if you don't have one. Updates/info is almost instaneous.

At 7:11pm
    @argusmattz: USD boarded an hour ago and still hasn't left. USF boarded this morning and sat for 4 hours. I don't want to board.

Comment

About to load the plane at 7:30 according to Zim. He is hoping they don't sit on the runway like USD is having to do.

Comment

Originally posted by @argusmattz
        Hey, guess what? A delay! The nose of the plane broke off or something. This is awesome, you guys. And totally unpredictable. #predictable
        This is playing out like a bad Chevy Chase movie.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          This is playing out like a bad Chevy Chase movie.
          Zimmer is going with a Mike Myers movie.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...98247336189952

Comment

The Jacks have been on the plane one hour now and still awaiting takeoff. This has to be tough on our guys (have a 45-minute bus ride once they get off the plane in Peoria.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              The Jacks have been on the plane one hour now and still awaiting takeoff. This has to be tough on our guys (have a 45-minute bus ride once they get off the plane in Peoria.)
              90 minute bus ride....70 miles on 2-lane, 55 mph highways, through small towns. I hate driving to Peoria.

EDIT: unless they're staying overnight in Peoria or something and driving to Macomb in the morning...that'd probably be better from a sleep standpoint, but I don't know if that was the plan all along.

Looks like they're taking off now (according to Matt Zimmer).
              Last edited by ST_Lawson; 11-20-2015, 09:19 PM.
              Scott
              Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
              Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

Wheels up!

Comment

ETA - 10:20

Comment

Just because I'm snowed in on a Friday night https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8653

Comment

Wheels on the ground. Rather than busing to Macomb tonight, they are staying in Peoria and will travel tomorrow.

Comment

Don't like it. Shaping up to be a team ripe for upset. This game already worried me, even though after how we came out after a bye week I'm not sure a week break would be the bet thing besides the home game.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          Don't like it. Shaping up to be a team ripe for upset. This game already worried me, even though after how we came out after a bye week I'm not sure a week break would be the bet thing besides the home game.
                          I remember a few years ago a basketball team that had to bus 1200 miles to Albuquerque, arrived the evening before the game and knocked off an unbeaten, 16th ranked New Mexico team. Nagy told the players before the game that he wouldnt let them use the travel as an excuse for not playing well. Stig will hopefully tell his players the same thing today. Jacks 34 Leathernecks 14.

Comment

I think you have valid fears in assessing this game. The travel schedule, like USD's, is very disruptive. Affects sleep, eating at different times than scheduled, and a higher level of anxiety. Western Illinois is no slouch. They can pound the ball down your throats with a 245 lb running back if you aren't ready to play.

if you win this game today, I'll tip my hat to you. Good luck, and yes, I mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              I think you have valid fears in assessing this game. The travel schedule, like USD's, is very disruptive. Affects sleep, eating at different times than scheduled, and a higher level of anxiety. Western Illinois is no slouch. They can pound the ball down your throats with a 245 lb running back if you aren't ready to play.

if you win this game today, I'll tip my hat to you. Good luck, and yes, I mean that.
                              True!! but I am hoping these guys will be thinking about how to best avoid a trip to the Fargo Dome in the playoffs, and will give it one more kick in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                I remember a few years ago a basketball team that had to bus 1200 miles to Albuquerque, arrived the evening before the game and knocked off an unbeaten, 16th ranked New Mexico team. Nagy told the players before the game that he wouldnt let them use the travel as an excuse for not playing well. Stig will hopefully tell his players the same thing today. Jacks 34 Leathernecks 14.
                                Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at half time and the muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl, do ya?!

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X