Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illinois St: GDT

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Easy to say nice things when you are on right side of a blowout. Yesterday he showed his true colors.
    Several times he was at least 15 yds beyond the sideline yelling at various officials. How he didn't at least get a sideline warning is beyond me.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      There's no way T.C. makes that throw to Jake and there's no way Lujan rolls out and hits the TE before that.
      I went back looking for this post, cause I have to disagree. TC can make that throw AND make the plays on the run. It's why many of us want him to be the permanent starter.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I went back looking for this post, cause I have to disagree. TC can make that throw AND make the plays on the run. It's why many of us want him to be the permanent starter.
        Give me an example of TC making that same type of throw with the same result.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Not exactly the same but the Andrews TD was close. His 3rd down pass to Goedert not happening with Lujan. His deep pass on the run to Weineke wouldn't even have been close. I'll say the Lujan pass to Weineke is what Zach does best. Just the TC is catching up on that and the intangible he brings are immeasureble.

Stig said he left it up to Eidsness on QB rotation. Ride the hot hand, that's proven to be TC.

Comment

The touchdown pass to Brandon Andrews in the 3rd quarter? Pretty much the exact same throw.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              The touchdown pass to Brandon Andrews in the 3rd quarter? Pretty much the exact same throw.
              2:40 and 3:40. Not that similar. I'm not arguing that TC shouldn't be starting...just that Lujan does have some qualities that TC doesn't have yet IMO.

https://youtu.be/H75eDVZZy-4

Comment

2:40 and 3:40. Not that similar. I'm not arguing that TC shouldn't be starting. Lujan does have some qualities that TC doesn't have yet IMO.

https://youtu.be/H75eDVZZy-4
                ?, not that similar? Why, because it was the opposite end zone? Because it was Andrews not Weineke? Or because it didn't arc as high? C'mon, I'll say Lujan does that throw better.....for now. Not that much better though. Also check out the throw before that, 3:25. The TD run or extend the pass play. Convince me Lujan does that. Or the deep Weineke pass on the run. I like Zach, he just doesn't pose the full threat TC does. They'd have had 6+ sacks if Lujan plays the whole game. Lujan had 1 positive highlight in that reel, if Christion doesn't lose his lid before that who knows. BTW, losing your helmet and having to leave for a play is a dumb rule. Anyone know exactly why that is a rule?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  ?, not that similar? Why, because it was the opposite end zone? Because it was Andrews not Weineke? Or because it didn't arc as high? C'mon, I'll say Lujan does that throw better.....for now. Not that much better though. Also check out the throw before that, 3:25. Convince me Lujan does that. Or the deep Weineke pass on the run. I like Zach, he just doesn't pose the full threat TC does. They'd have had 6+ sacks if Lujan plays the whole game.
                  Go back and read my original post on the matter. I was pretty blunt that Lujan can't do some of the things TC does for crying out loud.

Comment

I've watched him make throws that require touch, throws that require arm strength, and throws that require accuracy. What about that throw makes it something TC is incapable of doing?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Hell, I'll throw this out there...mostly because I'm bored and I enjoy the back and forth. If Lujan doesn't come in and throw the TD pass, do the Jacks win? Probably, but not definitely . Again, I say that realizing TC is the more talented QB.

Comment

Go back and read my original post on the matter. I was pretty blunt that Lujan can't do some of the things TC does for crying out loud.
                        I understand, sorry if I offended but I had to argue your point that they weren't that similar. Nobody in their right mind now would come on and say Lujan has a better overall skill set. He's a strong leader and has been a team player in the truest sense of the word. Captain for a reason, not just because he's a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          I understand, sorry if I offended but I had to argue your point that they weren't that similar. Nobody in their right mind now would come on and say Lujan has a better overall skill set. He's a strong leader and has been a team player in the truest sense of the word. Captain for a reason, not just because he's a QB.
                          Solid take on Lujan...agree 100%.

Comment

Hell, I'll throw this out there...mostly because I'm bored and I enjoy the back and forth. If Lujan doesn't come in and throw the TD pass, do the Jacks win? Probably, but not definitely . Again, I say that realizing TC is the more talented QB.
                            Nice, a lot better to banter about this than some questionable playcall, poor officiating or crappy line play. We won, period.🙂

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Easy to say nice things when you are on right side of a blowout. Yesterday he showed his true colors.
                              I take Sprock over you as my coach.. Your no coach Imo. You just make snarky comments.

Comment

Several times he was at least 15 yds beyond the sideline yelling at various officials. How he didn't at least get a sideline warning is beyond me.
                                Their defensive coordinator was no prize either. Was sitting first row on the east side right behind the bench and heard more foul language from him than I've heard in awhile. At both his players and the officials.

Comment

Working...
                                X