Next Up: Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Up: Illinois State

Maybe it sounds bad but usually those bad weather home games are some of the best crowds. Usually smaller in numbers but great in intensity and passion.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Expected crowd on Saturday?
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I feel great about this matchup for us this week. I'm amazed that our D is averaging a full TD less than any team in the conference. NDSU is second to us allowing over 20 ppg. Crazy.

Naturally this means we will get our tails kicked all over the field on Saturday, and people will be back on here calling out Stig and co, wondering where our home field advantage went, and predicting doom and gloom for the rest of the year, including some predicting a loss to the varmints down south.

34-10 ISUR and I try to find the bottom of a bottle somewhere between the start of the third quarter and the middle of the fourth.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Expected crowd on Saturday?
          Yes there is

Comment

I am really looking forward to this game. If we can come out and stick it to ISU, we have a shot to go deep in the playoffs. If we have a letdown, I would expect another 2nd round ousting in the playoffs. Our defense gives us a chance to win any ballgame. The offense has the potential to be lethal. If/when we can run the ball up the gut...watch out! I really wasn't expecting too much this season after everybody we lost, but man this has been a fun ride thus far.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              I feel great about this matchup for us this week. I'm amazed that our D is averaging a full TD less than any team in the conference. NDSU is second to us allowing over 20 ppg. Crazy.

Naturally this means we will get our tails kicked all over the field on Saturday, and people will be back on here calling out Stig and co, wondering where our home field advantage went, and predicting doom and gloom for the rest of the year, including some predicting a loss to the varmints down south.

34-10 ISUR and I try to find the bottom of a bottle somewhere between the start of the third quarter and the middle of the fourth.
              I don't think it will be that bad, more like 24-10.

Comment

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. I'll say 27-20 Jacks with us in control most of the game. A game that will look closer than it actually was. If they come out and drill it down our defenses throat and score I'm not concerned, we'll adjust. Think SUU, quick score and then we stuffed them. Now if the offense comes out and the O-line gets manhandled causing stuffed runs and the QB running for his life we're toast. The o-line just seems to have a difficult time adjusting and easily gets into a funk. Max protect and run simple run plays, quick hitters. Field position I think will be a huge factor in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  Yes there is

image.jpg

Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I don't think it will be that bad, more like 24-10.
                    But Thumper definitely nailed the part about the ensuing forum meltdown. I can't stomach another one so soon after UNI.

Comment

Yes there is
                      LOL I damn near said that
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        But Thumper definitely nailed the part about the ensuing forum meltdown. I can't stomach another one so soon after UNI.
                        Can we have a preemptive meltdown?

Comment

This is exactly the kind of game this program needs to win. That said, all you can do is put forward the best possible effort. I want to see a well thought out and implemented game plan based on what the defense shows our offense. Need to force ISU to beat us through the air on D, can't let that QB run all over the field.

O-line will likely be the deciding factor. If they cant give our QB's time to make reads or open holes for the RB's then it could be ugly. The UNI and NDSU games just plain sucked. Poor coaching, poor execution, just flat out crappy. That happens tomorrow I say SDSU is on the outside when it comes down to playoff selections.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

Best. Post. Of. All. Time.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Can we have a preemptive meltdown?
                              I will get it out the way.

What were they thinking doing that play call in that situation........

Why cant Lujan run from the pressure, they need to play TC more......Why cant TC get the ball to the wizard, he cant just run all the time, put Lujan in........

Why cant our special teams make a FG or a punt inside the 20......

The defense drives me crazy, they need to WRAP up. Cant play that soft against a good team......

Can we fire the coaches for not winning another big game.......

ok. So if we lose I think I am good. Nothing else I can complain about later.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                That happens tomorrow I say SDSU is on the outside when it comes down to playoff selections.
                                Sorry have to disagree a 3 loss mvfc team isn't on the outside looking in especially with losses to two top 10 teams (unless your talking about a seed then I agree) If Jacks lose out the rest of their games then we are probably out and deservedly so..

Comment

Working...
                                X