Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Better Frisco than Fargo!
    Get it correct, "better Fargo South than Fargo"

At least Frisco is outside and grass.

Comment

With Lot D being priority parking, is it safe to say that Lot E will be the primary tailgating lot? I'm hoping for a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        With Lot D being priority parking, is it safe to say that Lot E will be the primary tailgating lot? I'm hoping for a nice day.
        I don't care what lot we tailgate in as long as your bring jello shots again.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

It should be an interesting scenario in how the top 3 in the MVFC will be seeded (assuming all 3 win Saturday). I have been reading AGS boards and the NDSU fans all believe they should be seeded ahead of us based of the head to head, and I'm not sure I would disagree. However, I also feel we should be seeded ahead of Illinois State for the same reason. So that brings it down to why should NDSU be seeded above ISUr? Since they didn't play during the regular season it boils down to other factors which I feel all favor ISUr. ISUr has one less FCS loss. The losses comparatively for ISUr are much better based off Sagarrin Ratings (Iowa- 16, SDSU- 78) versus NDSU (UM- 120, USD- 138). I believe the only thing NDSU can try and hang their hat on is that they are the conference champ which I believe they get on tie breakers (but I could certainly be wrong about that).

So in the end it appears that NDSU>SDSU>ISUr>NDSU.... It should be an interesting dilemma for the committee. I'm just hoping that; 1. we get a seed and 2. we can avoid the trip through the Fargo Dome.

It should be a fun ride!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            It should be an interesting scenario in how the top 3 in the MVFC will be seeded (assuming all 3 win Saturday). I have been reading AGS boards and the NDSU fans all believe they should be seeded ahead of us based of the head to head, and I'm not sure I would disagree. However, I also feel we should be seeded ahead of Illinois State for the same reason. So that brings it down to why should NDSU be seeded above ISUr? Since they didn't play during the regular season it boils down to other factors which I feel all favor ISUr. ISUr has one less FCS loss. The losses comparatively for ISUr are much better based off Sagarrin Ratings (Iowa- 16, SDSU- 78) versus NDSU (UM- 120, USD- 138). I believe the only thing NDSU can try and hang their hat on is that they are the conference champ which I believe they get on tie breakers (but I could certainly be wrong about that).

So in the end it appears that NDSU>SDSU>ISUr>NDSU.... It should be an interesting dilemma for the committee. I'm just hoping that; 1. we get a seed and 2. we can avoid the trip through the Fargo Dome.

It should be a fun ride!
            I don't think the whole conference champion thing carries as much weight this year because the two teams on top never played each other. If they had, one of them would have two losses like the Jacks. If all three win out, they should be seeded NDSU, SDSU and ISU. We are above ISU with both teams having two losses and the Jacks winning head to head and having the FBS win.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

It should be a fun ride!
              What if ISUr had played and beaten NDSU? I don't see how we could be below ISUr, and not sure how we could be above NDSU considering the head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I don't think the whole conference champion thing carries as much weight this year because the two teams on top never played each other. If they had, one of them would have two losses like the Jacks. If all three win out, they should be seeded NDSU, SDSU and ISU. We are above ISU with both teams having two losses and the Jacks winning head to head and having the FBS win.
                Again, I believe NDSU>SDSU and SDSU>ISUr heads up. But for arguments sake, what has NDSU done to be seeded over ISUr? I would argue that straight up ISUr would have a number of arguments to be seeded higher than NDSU. So if you could argue ISUr>NDSU, then it makes for a much more difficult seeding situation and at least could result in an argument why SDSU could be seeded ahead of NDSU.

That being said, I don't disagree with you that it would go NDSU, SDSU, ISUr. But it's fun to have the discussion!

Comment

Not that my opinion matters a hell of a lot, but I would guess being 4x national champions gains ndsu the nod to be top of the pile.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Not that my opinion matters a hell of a lot, but I would guess being 4x national champions gains ndsu the nod to be top of the pile.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                    Or, the selection committee is very tired of them winning the championships and says if you are going to win it... do it on the road and puts them in the bottom half of the bracket... Depends what politicking goes on in the room.

Comment

• Re: Playoffs

Would love to see something like NDSU #3, SDSU #4, and ISU #6.

This would make us play just one road game and keep us from playing either NDSU or ISU until Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

This would make us play just one road game and keep us from playing either NDSU or ISU until Frisco.
                        It would make sense to have UNI in a bracket that could place all 4 MVFC teams in the semis.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          It would make sense to have UNI in a bracket that could place all 4 MVFC teams in the semis.
                          unfortunately, with regionalization I don't see anyway UNI doesn't face either us or ISUr in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

This is pretty much the best case scenario that we can hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              I'm not sure the rest of FCS likes the Valley enough to do that. In fact I would bet that they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                This is pretty much the best case scenario that we can hope for.
                                Which means it won't happen. Based on the history of our playoff bracket luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X