Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Anybody have any Idea how tailgaiting might work?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      [Avoid the temptation to give a smart-@#! reply like: bring food, bring beer, eat food, drink beer.]

A good question. Those who have attended the special games at Howard Wood like the President's Bowl: isn't tailgating in the parking lots adjacent to Howard Wood permitted? Are there restrictions on location or alcohol? I assume SDSU will take on the responsibility for cleanup...or, is rent paid that covers cleanup?

Found this on the web addressing tailgating at SF Washington games (not perfectly clear on whether beverages includes beer):

Tailgating

Warrior Nation Fans Join us for some Great Food and Pre-game Fun! Look for the Warrior Banner for the exact location. Check here each week for tailgate information for the upcoming games! All tailgaters are asked to bring something to share and bring your own beverage. Spread the Word ~ All Fans Welcome!!

When USD hosted NDSU at Howard Wood a few years ago, tailgaiting in the usual sense was permitted. But, that was 2012.

Comment

The tailgaters at the Summit League Tourney were in the parking lots outside of the Premier Center. It may have been too impromptu for any scrutiny. It was unusual to have weather nice enough for that activity at the Summit Tourney. Hopefully the Jackrabbits can get the top 8 seed and I will be back to South Dakota for the game and festivities.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I too, like JackJD, was about to give a smart @$$ response.

Here is what NDSU sent out to their tailgaters before they played at Howard Wood a few years ago. Not much info.
          http://www.ndsualumni.com/NetCommunity/Doent.Doc?id=27

Comment

I Re-read my post, and indeed it deserves a smart @$$ response.
            I was thinking specifically whether or not I could have a beer without trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Was at Dakota Bowl this year. Plenty of alcohol containers in the open for all to see.

Comment

I know I am looking to far ahead since the game Saturday will go a long way in determining this. But does anyone else get that feeling that when it comes to seeding the playoffs. The committee is going to look at NDSU and ISUr first, Then when they get to us, they will say, well we already have 2 conference teams in the top 8 so will give a top 8 seed to another conference so they don’t stack the top 8 with 3 teams from one conference? Maybe they will take the top 8 straight from the polls and seed them that way. Hopefully I am just paranoid and worried about something that isn’t going to be an issue. But when it comes to seeding the playoffs, I don’t feel we will get a fair shake.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I know I am looking to far ahead since the game Saturday will go a long way in determining this. But does anyone else get that feeling that when it comes to seeding the playoffs. The committee is going to look at NDSU and ISUr first, Then when they get to us, they will say, well we already have 2 conference teams in the top 8 so will give a top 8 seed to another conference so they don’t stack the top 8 with 3 teams from one conference? Maybe they will take the top 8 straight from the polls and seed them that way. Hopefully I am just paranoid and worried about something that isn’t going to be an issue. But when it comes to seeding the playoffs, I don’t feel we will get a fair shake.
                  I sure hope not. We beat an FBS team, likely Big Sky champion, and will hopefully finish with 9 wins and 0 bad losses (assuming UNI makes it). I don't know how we wouldn't get a seed and hope that the scenario you talk about doesn't play out. I know we have felt shafted by the NCAA in past tournaments (Women's Bball), but I think this year is different and we have done everything we can, outside of laying a Hobo Day egg, to earn a seed.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    I sure hope not. We beat an FBS team, likely Big Sky champion, and will hopefully finish with 9 wins and 0 bad losses (assuming UNI makes it). I don't know how we wouldn't get a seed and hope that the scenario you talk about doesn't play out. I know we have felt shafted by the NCAA in past tournaments (Women's Bball), but I think this year is different and we have done everything we can, outside of laying a Hobo Day egg, to earn a seed.
                    I totally agree, but when they see we have more confrence losses then other teams, who maybe went 6-1, they might reward them for better conference play. I think our resume is more then good enough.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I totally agree, but when they see we have more confrence losses then other teams, who maybe went 6-1, they might reward them for better conference play. I think our resume is more then good enough.
                      Hopefully they take into account that NDSU and ISU did not play each other, which means one of them would have had a second loss if they had met.

Comment

You may be right that they end up putting NDSU and ISUr ahead of us, but there is no way if we win this weekend that we don't get a seed. Look at the resumes of other teams. There aren't more than 5 teams (Jax. St., McNeese, NDSU, ISUr, and SDSU) that really deserve a seed. I honestly think we have a case to be put ahead of ISUr and even NDSU, but there are cases to be had for all 3 scenarios. It will be very interesting to see what the selection committee does.

Comment

Every projection I've seen for the past two weeks has the Jacks seeded (typically in the 4-6 range). There's no way we would be left out of the top-8 if we add another win.

Comment

The Bison have a gimme game with Mo State. The Redbirds might find a Yote bunch with another upset on their mind. It may only be a 25% chance at best, but it may have not been any better odds when they tipped the Bison. It would be hard to argue with the 5 teams as solid seeds if they all win this week. I do not know the schedule of all the contenders, but the Redbirds may have a struggle on their hands. They have allowed many teams to take them into the 4th quarter before pulling it out late. If Glenn can get these guys up one more time, it is not unreasonable to see a close game in Normal.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Here is the worst bracket I have seen. We are un-seeded. This guy has 4 teams from a very weak Big Sky, including a 5-4 North Dakota team, but no Southern Utah who is actually leading the conference.
                              http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                                Here is the worst bracket I have seen. We are un-seeded. This guy has 4 teams from a very weak Big Sky, including a 5-4 North Dakota team, but no Southern Utah who is actually leading the conference.
                                http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology
                                Yeah, that's junk. As long as we get a seed, I don't care who's seeded higher between us, NDSU, and ISUr, but if we can somehow get on the opposite side of the bracket from those two teams, that would be amazing. Give us an 8 seed if that's what it takes!

Comment

Working...
                                X