Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Zimmer must have a full pot of coffee on this week.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...nces/75659408/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Flag football is over right? Also I'm not aware of any concerts coming up that he'd have review either.

Disclaimer: I like Matt, he's starting to find his groove.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Would season ticket holders have priority for tickets to a Jacks home playoff game?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Would season ticket holders have priority for tickets to a Jacks home playoff game?
          I would encourage that. It seems that might be a good perk for season ticket holders.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I would sure hope so. If it was in Brookings we would, just because it's in Sioux Falls shouldn't change anything.

Comment

I posted this analysis using the Gridiron Power Index over on AGS. Pretty interesting.

According to this index, here are the breakdowns of SDSU, NDSU, and Ill St. wins and losses:

Wins - All 3 are comparable (I found it interesting how much the numbers evened out when factoring in the last 2 games)
              Losses - NDSU has the clear disadvantage, Ill. St. has slight advantage with only 1 FCS loss compared to 2 FCS losses for SDSU and NDSU
              Head to head - NDSU over SDSU, SDSU over Ill. St.
              FBS - SDSU has advantage with win over Kansas (mediocre win), Ill. St. lost to Iowa (good loss)

When it comes down to it, the cases each team can make are:

NDSU - head to head win over SDSU
              SDSU - head to head win over Ill St., better losses than NDSU, FBS win
              Ill St. - only 1 FCS loss, better losses than NDSU

If the committee stresses head to head, the seeding should go: NDSU, SDSU, Ill. St.
              If the committee stresses losses, the seeding should go: Ill. St., SDSU, NDSU
              If the committee takes a combined approach, the seeding should go: SDSU, Ill St., NDSU

Clear as mud.

Comment

Here's a story by a STATS writer talking about NDSU, ISUr, and SDSU's games this weekend. http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ea&tm=&src=FCS

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  The west stands can not come done fast enough, the end of no hand rails and twisting ankles getting out of your row and falling face down the aisle. An having to stand and people walking on your feet for those in seats further in your row Harrah!!!!
                  WOW,sounds like you had to run the gauntlet there Nidaros,have to get you some steel toed boots....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    I would sure hope so. If it was in Brookings we would, just because it's in Sioux Falls shouldn't change anything.
                    I emailed ticket office, and they indicated season ticket holders would have priority with details provided as soon as schedule finalized.

Comment

Not to jinx it but.... Kansas is tied with TCU at halftime, 10-10. Kansas might still be a good win!
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Boykin got injured early in the 2nd quarter and TCU still won. Kansas remains without a victory. They are horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

S. Utah is about to lose to Portland St. 24-23.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            S. Utah is about to lose to Portland St. 24-23.
                            SUU missed a chippy field goal late and then the next drive opted to go for 2 instead of the tie. The play worked as the TE came wide open over the middle, the QB just threw the ball low and to the outside and the TE couldn't handle it.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

I emailed ticket office, and they indicated season ticket holders would have priority with details provided as soon as schedule finalized.
                              Experience, although limited, suggests that plenty of tickets should be available if (mind you if) SDSU hosts a game. Seems inevitable regardless of whether its as a top 8 seed with a bye or as a host team in the first round. You never know......
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Experience, although limited, suggests that plenty of tickets should be available if (mind you if) SDSU hosts a game. Seems inevitable regardless of whether its as a top 8 seed with a bye or as a host team in the first round. You never know......
                                I would like to think if we have a bye and play the weekend after thanksgiving break it would help student and fan support. I'm fairly positive there would be shuttles set up to help students make it back and forth. Also having a major FB game in a city that has 200-250k within an hours drive would help. I think of the summit draw and pentagon crowds when major sports are happening. People love that experience. The one intangible is weather. We get a decent early December day, 30-40's with sun it'll be packed. Bring back the weather like the E IL playoff game, high winds, cold, gray and bitter windchills. Probably only 5-6k again.

Comment

Working...
                                X