Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    We can complain about this bracket all we want but simple fact is we didn't win the game we needed to to change this! I think if we would of won the last game the bracket would look much different. You would of had 3 MVFC teams seeded in the top 8. Then more than likely we would have teams in each bracket. With regionalization playing a big factor in how match ups are determined it was easy to stick everybody on the same side. Time to move on and win FB games.
    With the committee obviously hell-bent on regional matchups (and screwing over the Valley), it is very likely that a Jacks win over WIU would have resulted in a 6 or 7 seed which still would have run us through NDSU or ISU.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      With the committee obviously hell-bent on regional matchups (and screwing over the Valley), it is very likely that a Jacks win over WIU would have resulted in a 6 or 7 seed which still would have run us through NDSU or ISU.
      Not being an NCAA expert, I do suspect that this is a guideline that the committee must follow. How the regionalization concept was and when adopted is a matter that maybe someone else can explain. I do know that all the FCS and D2 playoffs for all sports are financed out of the Big Dance money, and I suspect a decision made by those in charge of handing out the bucks from the big dance. When we blame the MVFC commissioner and the committee we may be blaming the wrong people.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
        Even with a new facility next year how can SDSU make a bid that compares to a Montana? Jacks drew 9,000 for a game vs #2 ISUr a few weeks ago with 60 degree weather. How they have ANY confidence the new stadium will be even half full? The Montana's will always outbid SDSU until the fans fill the stadium on a perfect day with the #2 team in the country coming in. I remember a crowd of about 5,000 a few years back with Eastern Illinois came in for a 1st round game. Fans have to show up in order for bids to come close to the big boys of FCS.
        Isn't there a place for you to talk Augustana sports? You simply troll on here looking for someone to take the bait. Set up your own Augie fan website, get a discussion going and move on. You are obviously only on the SDSU website because your bored and looking for trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          Isn't there a place for you to talk Augustana sports? You simply troll on here looking for someone to take the bait. Set up your own Augie fan website, get a discussion going and move on. You are obviously only on the SDSU website because your bored and looking for trouble.
          Just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean it's not the truth. Are you having a bad day?

Comment

If you look at his name, he appears to be a jack fan also. And i gave him my tickets twice so i know he had been to a couple games. He was just being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              If you look at his name, he appears to be a jack fan also. And i gave him my tickets twice so i know he had been to a couple games. He was just being honest.
              Thanks Mitchell. And I'm disappointed because I really wanted the Jacks to host so I could go to the game at Howard Wood Field but, off to Montana, again.

Comment

Just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean it's not the truth. Are you having a bad day?
                Nope, every time you come on here after a loss and find a way to rips us; our fan base, etc. It just seems to be what you do. Your choice seem to be, stir the pot. Do what you want, I'm done responding to you.

Comment

Nope, every time you come on here after a loss and find a way to rips us; our fan base, etc. It just seems to be what you do. Your choice seem to be, stir the pot. Do what you want, I'm done responding to you.
                  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Comment

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you.
                    Perhaps a Jackrabbit avatar would help prove your semi-allegiance to SDSU.

Or is it split allegiance? Terrible of me to assume you're an Augie fan 1st. Although all signs point to Augie the State.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      Perhaps a Jackrabbit avatar would help prove your semi-allegiance to SDSU.
                      lol How about a half and half avatar??

Comment

lol How about a half and half avatar??
                        like a jackrabbit wearing a Viking horned helmet, armor and sword...

battle axe, better make it a battle axe.

Comment

Perhaps attendance the prior year vs Eastern Illinois playoff game had something to do with that. Attendance of 4367. How can SDSU outbid anyone with attendance like that?
                          Attendance is a factor in the decision about how much to bid but its not a large factor. Taking into consideration the factors at play this year I wouldn't even have submitted a bid to host.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I like it, now if I had any idea how to do that I would. lol

Comment

No sword and not a Jackrabbit, but maybe this would do?

rabbitviking.jpg

Comment

I suspect that the bid submitted was pretty minimal, and tied mainly to hosting as a seed. Otherwise, like others stated, too many issues to resolve for hosting.

SDSU is just too far west not to get paired with either a Big Sky, Southland, or Midwest (Drake) Pioneer. Jacks also have misfortune of being 1 of 3 schools within a bus trip to Fargo. I'm just surprised that the UNI/EIU winner isn't getting sent to Normal, but instead to Portland St. Both SDSU & NDSU could be looking at an all MVFC path to Frisco, IF survive Griz-Wa Stadium.

If Jacks get up, no playing not to lose!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X