Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
    Wieneke. No one would know what to complain about.
    We need some humor today after yesterday and how the normal reaction of the committee treated us, which was to be expected. Rep pts given.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasbeen View Post
      I think those people who jump past Montana and think we are going to play in Fargo forget that we have played some inept football in Missoula. Stig's motto of "1-0" is of prime importance right now.
      Montana hasn't seen our flash formation before. Shock and awe,baby!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Can't muster any kind of rant with our placement after the loss yesterday we deserved whatever the committee decided to dish out. Got to go get it done in Montana.
        This is how I feel. Nothing to complain about for us. If I was UND I'd be pissed.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          Any chance we can get Jake to block on that?

Seriously...we all knew we had to win yesterday. It didn't happen. We are where we are and it's time to go kick some Big Sky tail. They'll look at our stats again and say how easy we look, we play in the Valley, where there is defense. Boys, need to get their heads on straight and get ready to add another BSC playoff scalp to their message board.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Has a game time been released?
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Has a game time been released?
              2pm central. http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210521204

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                UND has to be really angry with us right now. Looks like the committee put WIU in instead of them, and put us where they would have been placed if they got in.
                UND would not have gone to Montana. Conference teams can't play each other in the first round if they played in the regular season. Of course they can still be mad at us because WIU knocked them out.

Comment

NDSU vs. South Dakota State/Montana winner playoff tickets go on sale today at 2PM at gobison.com.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2015/11/...122150405.aspx
                  I'm going to try to get some so that I can go if we win at Montana. If anyone else is interested in going in with me let me know at 605-690-5797. It's helpful to have fans working together. Then we have a small group of Jacks fans to sit together. Also, in my experience due to demand only some people get into the website and have the option to buy. Working together whoever gets in can buy the maximum even in they don't need the maximum on behalf of those that don't.

-Michael Webber

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                    UND would not have gone to Montana. Conference teams can't play each other in the first round if they played in the regular season. Of course they can still be mad at us because WIU knocked them out.
                    I was thinking UND would have been fed into NDSU. Montana would have gone elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2005 View Post
                      NDSU vs. South Dakota State/Montana winner playoff tickets go on sale today at 2PM at gobison.com.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2015/11/...122150405.aspx
                      I'm going to try to get some so that I can go if we win at Montana. If anyone else is interested in going in with me let me know at 605-690-5797. It's helpful to have fans working together. Then we have a small group of Jacks fans to sit together. Also, in my experience due to demand only some people get into the website and have the option to buy. Working together whoever gets in can buy the maximum even in they don't need the maximum on behalf of those that don't.

-Michael Webber
                      Season ticket holders have until Friday to claims their tickets. Second round tickets will go on sale next Saturday.

Comment

Zimmer article: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...e-10/76128538/

Preliminary weather forecast for Missoula next Saturday according to the NWS:Patchy freezing fog. Sunny, with a high near 26.

Comment

FCS football: Such a big deal that the playoff bracket is based geography and first round games go to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            After this season I'm renaming it the flush formation. Maybe next year it can come back along with the wishbone and 5-2 D.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              I dont inderstand why they'd put all five MVFC teams on the same side. On paper the best conference in FCS. Really makes no sense.

As far as our position. We have absolutely no one to blame but ourselves. We had every chance to get a seed and couldnt win games we were supposed to. I said several weeks ago I thought this team was cruising to make the playoffs and get a second round date in Fargo. Yesterday morning I thought they were gonna prove me wrong. Nope.
                              Simple. Wanted to assure at least one other conference was in title game. How bored would the rest of country be if the fbs 4 team playoffs be if only 4 teams from SEC west were selected? How do you improve viewing audience nation-wide in that case? MVFC is to fcs what SEC is to fbs.

Regarding being fed to Fargo, only 3 schools in fcs are within bus distance of Fargo, and they all have Dakota in their name. If UND had made the playoffs, Jacks would have played them. Jacks 2ot'ed themselves out of a seed. 8-3, 5th place in mvfc standings wasn't worthy of seed. WIU makes playoffs due to 3-2 record vs other playoff teams. Jacks 4-3 (counting fbs win).

Time to get wins over first one, then 2nd of 3 teams that have playoff wins over Jacks.

Btw, I pegged well that Jacks would play in SF only if we're a seed. Still a limited outside chance at a SF game. If playing in SF, likely WIU or uni.

Comment

USD mailed it in Saturday after a tough loss last week. It will be interesting to see how we respond.

Worst case, at least we get another week of practice.

Every other year I have complained about game 2 in Fargo. Not this year, we saw it coming and allowed it to happen!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X