Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home field disadvantage

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Haha, I sit near those guys too and have thought the same thing many times. Love their passion, they just need to figure out a way to focus it to when we are on defense.
    Sorry, not buying the connection between cheering fans and laying stinkers at home. A team ought to play off the passion of its fans, not be distracted by it. Games I've seen I wish the fans were even louder.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Balanced at the top, maybe. Not so much at the bottom.
      maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        maybe not
        YF, I'm really interested to see how the Coyotes do this week against UNI. It'll really tell everyone if the NDSU game was a fluke or not (even though USD owned NDSU that game). Obviously there's a lot more confidence down there and there should be.

I'm somewhat cheering for USD in this one because it will knock UNI out of the playoffs; however, it'll just make that game in Vermillion that much harder. I suppose a better scenario is having UNI losing a game later in the year but their schedule is pretty weak. Looking forward to seeing what happens! Are you going?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          YF, I'm really interested to see how the Coyotes do this week against UNI. It'll really tell everyone if the NDSU game was a fluke or not (even though USD owned NDSU that game). Obviously there's a lot more confidence down there and there should be.

I'm somewhat cheering for USD in this one because it will knock UNI out of the playoffs; however, it'll just make that game in Vermillion that much harder. I suppose a better scenario is having UNI losing a game later in the year but their schedule is pretty weak. Looking forward to seeing what happens! Are you going?
          First of all, I am going against my better judgement. Two years ago when we beat UNI at UNI I was at my friends sons wedding in Mankato. Two weeks ago when we beat NDSU I was at my son in laws game in Minneapolis as he is on staff at college in the cities, although I did watch the game on IPad via ESPN 3. My daughter got married when we won at Cal Davis this year. Those are about the only three games I have missed in the last 3 years ( the exception being SDSU game last year in Brookings ).

i understand why everyone thinks that NDSU was a fluke, given our past 3 years performance, but if you watch the game, we didn't play exceptional we just played solid. Last weekend against an admittedly poor Missouri State program, we made a lot of mental mistakes yet won 40-10, and their lone touchdown was a kickoff return. Our defense is pretty darned solid. Our offense is ok, but not great. I have said going into this season we were much better, our younger kids are pretty darned good football players, but I don't know if they believed it. Finally something good happen (NDSU) and maybe now they are believing. Trust me, any team in the league can beat us, but we can beat anyone in the league. We proved that.

The UNI game concerns me because they are backed into a corner right now, and I personally think our two teams are very similar. They play at home and they have to win. However, much like NDSU, if they don't get away from us early, and we stay with them through 3 quarters, then we have a punchers chance of winning that game. You all laughed when Western Illinois beat us, but I said at the time, they were a very good team. You will find that out. They aren't the WIU of yesteryear either. They played with Illinois State for 3.5 quarters, but I think ISUr is just that much better than the rest of the league this year. We go there the last game and that one frightens me to death to be honest.

Our defense, with the lone exception of the Westen Illinois game, has been pretty darned good. Defense in this league can keep you in a lot of games. I'm not one to go "crowing" about our win in Fargo, but it did make a statement. It wasnt a fluke. Maybe NDSU wasn't oall jacked up for the game, but we spotted them 14 and still won. That makes a statement in my opinion.

I picked SDSU to win the league in September but now I don't think you are as good as I once thought. Why I'm not sure, maybe you have chemistry problems, maybe you just aren't as good as I thought you would be, but it now makes the game in Vermillion loom larger than I thought it would be 4 weeks ago. Mentally, our guys know we are capable of winning it. Mentally your team knows now it can get beat. That sets up for an interesting battle. I still give you the edge, but the edge isn't as sharp as it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I haven't seen anyone bring this up, but it might be buried in some thread I'm not going to read, so I apologize if it's already been discussed.

I used to laugh and roll my eyes when TV announcers would heap praise on the Bison fans for being quiet on offense and getting loud on defense. No ****ing duh, I thought to myself, what kind of football crowd doesn't do that?

The answer: our crowd. I couldn't believe how dumb our crowd is. The annoying dip****s in the hardhats sitting by me kept starting "let's go Rabbits" chants as our offense was trying to drive down the field at the end of the game. Players on the field and on the sideline are trying to get our crowd to shut up, but here we are, being loud. The same god damn morons are shouting their advice the entire game and yelling at officials, and these dressed up doofuses don't even understand basic ****.

https://www.facebook.com/earl.spring...5979351535368/

Comment

It says it all. Real funny..

Comment

Working...
              X