Midway Season Positives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midway Season Positives

Just wondering, is there anything other than beating NDSU that would impress you? If we beat ISUr will you suddenly say that isn't a good win? I've seen you do this in the BB thread too, what can SDSU do that will actually impress you?

To get a better feeling for how you think, how do you feel about NDSU? Have they proven themselves? They beat us, but in your mind that doesn't count for much. So has NDSU proven themselves in your mind? Outside of their win against us they have beaten UND, Weber, UNI and ISUb. Is that enough to impress you? I'm just wondering.

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    The offensive line is a major issue. It needs to be figured out or SDSU won't be able to do anything in the playoffs.

Also, I don't think SDSU really has beaten a good team yet. You can make a case for Southern Utah, but their schedule is awful. They haven't beat anyone either. And Kansas is a good win because it's an FBS win, but they're awful. Not sure they've won yet. State beat an FBS team that has zero wins in a head coach's first game. It still counts, but it's not a great win by any means.

I don't think State has proved themselves yet (at least in this fan's eyes). Defense has been great though. I'm still skeptical that this team can get it done. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

One positive so far this season has been turnovers or lack of. We have just 2 turnovers, both interceptions vs Robert Morris. This are the number of turnovers for the other teams in the MVFC. NDSU 13 ILL St 9 W ILL 13 YSU 11 UNI 12 USD 15 So Ill 16 Mo St 14 Ind St 7

Comment

Defense - Since NDSU. Points allowed 7,8,10 & zero! Enough said.......

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          Defense - Since NDSU. Points allowed 7,8,10 & zero! Enough said.......

Go Rabbits!
          Even though you stated enough said I feel the need to add to that. Take away KS and NDSU and they've only given up 45 pts in the other games. 111 total I believe, 13.9ish a game. That is stellar, I wonder if we've had a D have that low an average after 8 games. Also special teams and the offense has contributed to points against. Now offense has 245 I think at 30.6 a game another great stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Even though you stated enough said I feel the need to add to that. Take away KS and NDSU and they've only given up 45 pts in the other games. 111 total I believe, 13.9ish a game. That is stellar, I wonder if we've had a D have that low an average after 8 games. Also special teams and the offense has contributed to points against. Now offense has 245 I think at 30.6 a game another great stat.
            The 2009 team that this defense has been compared to gave up 11.4 ppg prior to the SIU beat down (34-15 and it wasn't that close) on Nov. 7, 2009 which was the 9th game of the season. Let's not repeat that. According to gojacks.com, it did draw over 10,000. Let's at least repeat that!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
              The 2009 team that this defense has been compared to gave up 11.4 ppg prior to the SIU beat down (34-15 and it wasn't that close) on Nov. 7, 2009 which was the 9th game of the season. Let's not repeat that. According to gojacks.com, it did draw over 10,000. Let's at least repeat that!
              If I remember right, that 2009 game vs SIU had similar buildup as far as match up, rankings, conference implications, AND the weather was beautiful that day for November. I know our fan base has improved (some) since then, but with a chilly weather forecast for Saturday, I think 10,000 might be a reasonable estimate. I hope I'm way off. With the number of tickets I've seen people trying to give away for next to nothing this week, I'm afraid I may not be.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
              X