Hobo day 2015 "THE THREAD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

I'm getting more excited by the minute. This is a great opportunity that this program has been working hard to earn a shot at. 1-0 this week. UNI has had SDSU's number in the past, that can't happen tomorrow. Need great play on both sides of the ball and I think more importantly special teams. Winning the turnover battle always helps.

Yankton Jackrabbit Club is hosting the SD Pork Producers. They will be serving free pork sandwiches so stop by and grab one. Should be ready to serve by 11 am.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Lol, I love that someone created a twitter account devoted to correcting people who say Hobo Days instead of Hobo Day. https://twitter.com/no_s_in_hoboday/with_replies

Props to whoever is behind this.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Lol, I love that someone created a twitter account devoted to correcting people who say Hobo Days instead of Hobo Day. https://twitter.com/no_s_in_hoboday/with_replies

Props to whoever is behind this.
        Find the whole hobo week, hobo day vs hobo days discussion pretty amusing. A week would indicate 7 days. I imagine some students on campus celebrate all 7 days, but many visitors will arrive in Brookings this evening and celebrate tonight and tomorrow, which would be 2 days. What is the proper term for the 2 day celebration?

PS For the record, I will continue to call it Hobo Days
        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
          Find the whole hobo week, hobo day vs hobo days discussion pretty amusing. A week would indicate 7 days. I imagine some students on campus celebrate all 7 days, but many visitors will arrive in Brookings this evening and celebrate tonight and tomorrow, which would be 2 days. What is the proper term for the 2 day celebration?

You'll be wrong then. Its Hobo Day, "Biggest One Day Event in The Dakota's".

Here is this years schedule. You are always welcome at the Yankton Jackrabbit Club tailgate site.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...id=1&pgid=1823
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The event is Hobo Day. Just because you celebrate for 2 days doesn't make the actual event a 2-day event. If the 4th of July lands on a Saturday and you choose to celebrate both Friday night and Saturday I don't think you would say you're celebrating the 4ths of Julys. You're still just celebrating the 4th of July. Maybe I'm wrong here.

Comment

Which holiday do you prefer? New Years Eves or Christmas Days?
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Sorry. It doesn't belong to you. Hobo Day/Hobo Week belongs to tens of thousands of SDSU alums and includes more than 100 years of history. Language matters. Branding matters. Tradition matters. #getoffmylawn
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I actually like days. But I think lujan is a good passer and should still be our qb. So what do I know.

But what really grinds my gears are people who say blue and gold. Arg. Its yellow.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Where is SF_Rabbit_Fan during all of this. I'm sure he has an opinion and probably an NCAA Guide covering all of this that we can all follow.

Comment

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                      Where is SF_Rabbit_Fan during all of this. I'm sure he has an opinion and probably an NCAA Guide covering all of this that we can all follow.
                      I was actually about to call out the good doctor as he hurt my feelings during the stadium etiquette/tailgating discussion earlier. Now he expects us to follow rules about what homecalling is called.

I picture two old men shouting at each other to get off each other's lawn while standing in their neighbor's lawn.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        But what really grinds my gears are people who say blue and gold. Arg. Its yellow.
                        This comes from SDSU itself making logos, jerseys, apparel, and signs appear to have more of a gold color than a yellow color. Personally, I think the gold color sometimes looks better than the bright yellow that you see in some logos. Not on the jackrabbit though, that should clearly be yellow.

Comment

That, by definition, would be trolling.

Okay, pay attention: you have the right to remain silent; anything you say may be used against you;....

Comment

I laugh when I hear people say or see people write "Hobo Days". Where's Jeff Foxworthy's buddy, Bill Engvall, and his old routine "Here's your sign."

Comment

Link to the pre-game story (from 10/19/15) on UNI's official athletics site (includes link to Coach Farley interview in which he talks about the WIU game and the upcoming SDSU game): http://unipanthers.com/news/2015/10/...019153512.aspx

Comment

Hobo Day Eve 2015

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X