Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    It went to the 20 because butler caught it first then stepped out if bounds. The ball would have been placed wherever it would have gotten returned too had he not stepped out of bounds.
    So if he hadn't touched the ball,it would have went to the original line of scrimmage ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      So if he hadn't touched the ball,it would have went to the original line of scrimmage ?
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        The talk about field goals made me remember a rules question from the game. UNI tried a long field goal(around 50 yards if I remember correctly) near the end of the first half. The kick was well short and we had a return man who caught the ball near the back of the end zone and his momentum took him out of the end zone. It was ruled a touchback and we got the ball on the 20. I thought after a missed field goal that the ball went back to the original line of scrimmage. Did our player touching the ball in the end zone make it a touchback even if he made no attempt to return it ?
        To add further to your question,can you return a field goal attempt and if not why'd our guy catch it?I myself didn't think you could return a failed FG attempt.I thought the play was dead as soon as the ball hit the ground,but if it doesn't touch the ground, the play must technically still be alive then, just a change of possession perhaps,until he went out of bounds?Just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          To add further to your question,can you return a field goal attempt and if not why'd our guy catch it?I myself didn't think you could return a failed FG attempt.I thought the play was dead as soon as the ball hit the ground,if it doesn't touch the ground, the play must technically still be alive then, just a change of possession perhaps,until he went out of bounds?
          Google "Iron Bowl returned field goal."

Comment

This thread isn't going to die easily is it?

Comment

Thanks Montana for the google suggestion, I'll look at it

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                To add further to your question,can you return a field goal attempt and if not why'd our guy catch it?I myself didn't think you could return a failed FG attempt.I thought the play was dead as soon as the ball hit the ground,but if it doesn't touch the ground, the play must technically still be alive then, just a change of possession perhaps,until he went out of bounds?Just guessing.
                Huh?!?!?!? Where have u been? Either you are really young, a new football fan, or a hermit...

#KickSix
                #DevinHester
                #AntonioCromartie

Comment

Just watched it.....hilarious! Hermit describes me best

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                    Yes.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      This thread isn't going to die easily is it?
                      Zombie thread! AHHHHHHH!
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Zombie thread! AHHHHHHH!

It IS Halloween, after all . . .

It's Alive! IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

But even Halloween is done in a day.

Filbert, is this your way of saying the thread is locked at midnight tonight? A little early for Xmas but I'll give "thanks", it would only be the natural progression.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

Filbert, is this your way of saying the thread is locked at midnight tonight? A little early for Xmas but I'll give "thanks", it would only be the natural progression.
                            This thread is like the Alamo, we shall never let it surrender and shall always remember it!
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Zombie thread! AHHHHHHH!
                              Can I ask the mods a favor and have 2015 added to the thread title? It was shortsighted on my part to not include that originally. As soon as I submitted it I immediately regretted that and it has bothered me for over a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

You've seen the movies! If I try to do that, it'll just inexplicably wake up of its own accord and go get a chainsaw or something.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X