Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Very good, Captain Obvious. Plus the play itself. How did anybody see that coming. Oh...wait.
    Wow. Be a dick dude.

Simply asking a question for clarification.

Comment

I'm not calling for the heads of the coaching staff at all. They just need to be asked the tough questions. I could care less how good of guys they are off the field, they are paid to prepare their team and win football games. So far this season they haven't done a great job at either. I just want to know why.

If Zach wasn't ready because of a lack of snaps, then why y didnt they give him more snaps? Or why didn't they start the kid who had all the talent in the world? Just saying "this one's on me" does not cut it. We want an explanation for the embarrassment we just paid to watch.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That much time left, why would you leave points on the field? It would have felt better to have missed a FG with the chance of a tie than to gamble on something that you were not capable of doing previously. A lot can happen in 2 minutes. However, if it had worked, he would have been the hero.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          There's a difference between being well-coached and a bad situational coaching decision.
          Is there?
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

As predictable as the plays of Ralph Ginn in the latter years, which I was a witness to.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
              That much time left, why would you leave points on the field? It would have felt better to have missed a FG with the chance of a tie than to gamble on something that you were not capable of doing previously. A lot can happen in 2 minutes. However, if it had worked, he would have been the hero.
              I'm ok with the call to go for the win. Its the play call that is mind boggling. If they would have tried the FG and missed people would have been all over Stig.

I can also see where people want to put points on the board.

Comment

You always kick the field goal at home and go for the win on the road. If you don't have enough confidence in your kicker to make a field goal inside 30 yards you need to find a new kicker then.

If you are going to go for it leave your running qb in the game and at least make the defense play honest.

Comment

For the record, I, as well, am not against going for it there...that play call though....and Ive said this multiple weeks now, every play call when we need a half yard and run shotgun or a draw...I just don't get it.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think the oline forgot we had a game today. This was a huge loss. Assuming we don't make a top 8 seed come back to this one.

Don't like the going for it. We didn't need to go for it. My rule has always been go for the win on the road and go for the tie at home. Get us to overtime and a D playing lights out for the most part and I like our chances.

Felt bad for lujan and tc. Lujan wasn't ready to return and tc had to moce off the bench. Lujan wasn't sharp and tc was really hesitant trying to run. Being a freshman tc needs to be aware of where the first down marker is. I think when he sees the tape he will be kicking himself on that one. The stupid penalties are just mind boggling. Doesn't appear a running back wants to step up and be the guy.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

People are worried about a top 8 seed.....

With Illinois State, @USD, and @Western Illinois left on the schedule, SDSU just has to make the playoffs. Missouri State should be a win but the rest will be tough. 7 wins puts SDSU on the border of playoffs.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

How in the eff does a center get TWO false start calls? Good grief

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

With Illinois State, @USD, and @Western Illinois left on the schedule, SDSU just has to make the playoffs. Missouri State should be a win but the rest will be tough. 7 wins puts SDSU on the border of playoffs.
                          I agree. Today's loss is a killer. 7 wins puts SDSU on the bubble. I'm sure a couple Valley teams will finish 7-4. FBS win would be a huge difference maker, however. Long way to go, though.

Comment

Right?!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

Go back to Bisonville and tell them how bad we are like you normally do and how someday we hope to get there.

Ive let the hate run through me. I feel like I know the power of the dark side of the force right now.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

• Hobo day "THE THREAD"

I'm so glad we played without Lujan after the first two series...
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X