Hobo day 2015 "THE THREAD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo day "THE THREAD"

I am so mad right now as are many former players that I'm with right now.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      The Jacks were in a position to be 6-1 with four winnable games left. "Coaching" gets you in that position. But the coaches made the wrong situational coaching decision on one play and we're now 5-2 instead. Do you not understand how those things are different?

Stig: "This one's on me."

"I wish I'd have given Jay Carlson a chance to tie the game there."
      Haha. Expected nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Coach Stig: "This one's on me."

Stig says Lujan wasn't sharp. Just didn't have the reps. Says he needs to have a week's worth of reps.
        You dont know that going in?

Comment

How many times do the coaches need to make stupid decisions before they learn? Speaking to that stupid wildcat play that has doomed us all year.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            How many times do the coaches need to make stupid decisions before they learn?
            Its just a bad situational call. They are good coaches......

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Haha. Expected nothing less.
              What does that mean? You obviously just want to fight. I'm not sure what you want me to say. Stig screwed up. That doesn't make him a bad coach. I get that you want a new set of coaches. I disagree.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Twice we should have run a QB sneak in the second half. Im glad we went for it. No confidence that we would have made a fg

Comment

I like the call to go for it. Carlson has struggled at times this season and has missed a couple kicks he should've made. Not sure what the wind situation was either.

That being said, when's the last time the Flash package was a positive gain? We ran a variation of it earlier in the 4th quarter on 3rd and inches and lost 4 yards (Mainly due to a fumble but Wallace was hit behind the LOS).

UNI had 12 TFL and 5 sacks. Running a play where they know 100% it'll be a run was obviously a big mistake. The Jacks haven't thrown out of that package in like 6 years.

So SDSU, who couldn't block all game, runs a play where there will be a 100% certainty will we run. Just maddening to me.

That being said, false start also killed the Jacks 2 plays prior. Too many stupid penalties also contributed.

The RBs today: 19 rushes, 43 yards. 2.3 YPC. Makes me want to throw up.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    What does that mean? You obviously just want to fight. I'm not sure what you want me to say. Stig screwed up. That doesn't make him a bad coach. I get that you want a new set of coaches. I disagree.
                    I actually dont want a new set of coaches but stig isnt untouchable like a lot of people here think. If im Sell I'm asking some pretty damn tough questions.

I think hes a great person but a mediocre coach.

The gaff with TC at the end of the half with ISU. Two consecutive huge home games where we **** ourselves (NDSU & UNI). This call at the end of this game. In order to be great our coaches need to be great. They just arent right now.

Comment

Two-win teams are what their records say they are.

I'm sure Carlson will feel nice and confident next time they trot him out there in a big spot.

Seven points...as somebody has already pointed out.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

The words I'd love to say cannot express the anger I feel right now. 3 hobo day games in a row. 3 losses. That is coaching. I'll be done there except to say we wasted the first two drives of the day and our offensive line better nut the **** up.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I actually dont want a new set of coaches but stig isnt untouchable like a lot of people here think. If im Sell I'm asking some pretty damn tough questions.

I think hes a great person but a mediocre coach.

The gaff with TC at the end of the half with ISU. Two consecutive huge home games where we **** ourselves (NDSU & UNI). This call at the end of this game. In order to be great our coaches need to be great. They just arent right now.
                          Yep the players need to be put in a position to succeed. That play did not accomplish that, nor has it all season.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                            The fact we were even in the position to try and win is a miracle. Dropped passes, penalties, o-line play, running game...all terrible. The only reason we were in that position was a stupid PI on 3rd and a mile. Terrible.
                            This isn't wrong.

The offense played like absolute crap, and even when we did get something going, we always seemed to make a bunch of stupid penalties to stall the drive. Heck, we even tried to do it on our only TD drive.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Are you mad they went for it?
                              Very good, Captain Obvious. Plus the play itself. How did anybody see that coming. Oh...wait.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                                The fact we were even in the position to try and win is a miracle. Dropped passes, penalties, o-line play, running game...all terrible. The only reason we were in that position was a stupid PI on 3rd and a mile. Terrible.
                                No,the fact is we were in position to win it, but the coaches got in the way. When they trot out that heavy package, my grandma even knows where they're running it. JFC

Comment

Working...
                                X