Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On to Youngstown

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Game makes me nervous. I have a bad feeling about stopping Ruiz and we can't run the ball like we should. Offensive line has been unimpressive in run game since dominating KU in second half. Maybe it is RB play and holes are there but we aren't reading it right. I get some of that too. Paris looks to be best back for MVFC play honestly. Hard nosed and digs for extra yards, doesn't go down easy. Other guys have been tackled one on one too much. Need to win those to open up play action for Wieneke and TEs to kill them. I really want SDSU to win but I see a YSU win by 3-7.
    I think it's the Oline. They don't seem like they are getting any push.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Tough one today. Picking up a fifth win this early would make another playoff appearance extremely likely, but that will take a great performance. I'd be impressed if it happens, considering that we will either start an 18-year old or a banged up (normally-immobile) QB against a very good defense.

Comment

I would wager the 18 year old if Lujan is still banged up. I would also expect to see a few new wrinkles today from the offense. There are not many giving the Jackrabbits any edge for this game. Massey is the only one speculating a potential win on the road against Bo and his crew. The Jackrabbits will need a good effort and smart penalty free play to win this close game. Let the Penguins have the silly penalties and keep the home playoff alive for the Jackrabbits. Penguins lose another close home game
        31-30.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jacks roll this up and smoke it like a cheap cigar.....

24-10 Welcome to the Valley, Bo! Enjoy watching the playoffs......maybe you and Carl can do some lines while you watch.....

too soon?
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Weather is mid 40's, wind 10-15mph gusts to 25. Chance of rain as the game progresses. If TC gets the nod or they play both, I see TC having the better opportunity in the weather. Stronger arm and mobility can be difficult to defend.

D needs to bring their A+ game to contain Ruiz. I think this may be the type of game where smaller faster LB's will help. Along with a good rotation of them. I feel like we have several guys across the board, from the line to the back 7 on D that are every down players. Easily 18-20 capable guys to play on D. Good to have that depth.

Comment

Will we see more of Hassell and Hazelett today. Hassell seems to be in a Sophomore slump and not seeing the field like his true Freshman season.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Will we see more of Hassell and Hazelett today. Hassell seems to be in a Sophomore slump and not seeing the field like his true Freshman season.
                Coach Stig makes it sound like Drew Kreutzfeld has just moved past them. He has been playing well and so far seems reliable.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Coach Stig makes it sound like Drew Kreutzfeld has just moved past them. He has been playing well and so far seems reliable.
                  I like how Drew plays, aggressive but smart. I love JT and the athleticism he has but needs to be better at not over pursuing and stay home. All in all good fits for rotation there with JT, Cody, Schuster and D Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Stig said on his radio show Monday night that Hazelett didn't play last week due to injury. Didn't say if he thought he would be available today.

Comment

TC is starting today, per Jeff Harkness on the SDSU pregame show. Lujan may be able to play later in the game, not ruled out.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        TC is starting today, per Jeff Harkness on the SDSU pregame show. Lujan may be able to play later in the game, not ruled out.
                        Can anybody find the game on ESPN3?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          Can anybody find the game on ESPN3?
                          3:00 kick off still on upcoming tab on espn3

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                            3:00 kick off still on upcoming tab on espn3
                            Link on sdsufootball twitter account

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2659050/south-dakota-state-vs-youngstown-state

Comment

Opening kick, Webb fumbles for YSU and SDSU picks it up!

Comment

Must be bad weather! The stadium is empty! Haha happy homecoming.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X