Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana State

I am betting Zim put his money on the wrong horse. Why not give Douglas a chance? Unless Zim knows something we don't. Lets see who gets the node.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I am betting Zim put his money on the wrong horse. Why not give Douglas a chance? Unless Zim knows something we don't. Lets see who gets the node.
      The season is too short to give chances. If the goal is to be a top 8 playoff seed and Taryn is the better player he should play.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        If he's out for a game or two,it's not dumb to pull his redshirt. It's insane.
        Somewhat understand the not burning a red shirt thoughts, but isn't the SDSU motto to "go 1-0 each week"? If you want to put yourself in the best position to have playoff success, every regular season game is a important. If Christon is the best available then you have to go with him. Could maybe make an argument that should be able to win vs the Sycamores irregardless of who is at QB, but better for Christon to have a game under his belt before going on the road to Youngstown next Saturday.

I believe part of the reason Christon ended up at SDSU is the promise of early playing time and I am guessing he expressed his desire to play ASAP.
        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          If Taryn sees the field this week I expect he will not be replaced by Lujan when he is healthy. Also Mitchell prep Quarterback Kanin Nelson will be at SDSU at semester break giving himself a Jumpstart in his college career. Best man plays regardless of circumstances.
          Of course the best man should play. If that is Taryn today and the rest of the year then it shouldn't take a Lujan injury to get him in there. Not sure what the Mitchell prep has to do with anything but whatev.

Comment

Of course the best man should play. If that is Taryn today and the rest of the year then it shouldn't take a Lujan injury to get him in there. Not sure what the Mitchell prep has to do with anything but whatev.
            So far Taryn hasn't got an opportunity to prove in a game he is best talent, learned playbook and gives us best opportunity to win remaining games with much tougher schedule. Kanin Nelson comment in deference to your whining about this insane decision of pulling a redshirt. My point more talent at quarterback position on the way.

Comment

This is what makes me wonder about the redshirt pulled. If Taryn has been the best talent on the team for this position, the redshirt should have been gone already. However, the decision goes to the head coach for these changes and it is not my call or anyone else at this point. It does make for some fine drama for the next few hours prior to kickoff. Hopefully Stig earns his paycheck today!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I agree put the best player on the field, if Taryn is that guy and Lujan becomes backup great. If the goal is a stopgap for a game or two let Douglas have his shot. If he stinks it up the first few series, then put Christion in. No harm in that. Now Christion taking over completely and the others are backups then great. The thing that doesn't get mentioned is that Taryn was told the offense would be tailored to his strengths, both pass and run. Have they even designed that yet much less implemented it in practice?

I remember ZZ's redshirt FR year when they kept on pushing T Kool to be the man. Kool should've stayed in the slot, ZZ would've had over 7000 in his career. I don't think loyalty wins many jobs anymore, best player at each position plays.

Glad to hear the Nelson kid will get to experience spring ball. Just remember he's not the only QB coming in. Cromer is too, just won't be until summer I suspect. We will be sitting quite well at QB if these guys push each other and learn together.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  This is what makes me wonder about the redshirt pulled. If Taryn has been the best talent on the team for this position, the redshirt should have been gone already. However, the decision goes to the head coach for these changes and it is not my call or anyone else at this point. It does make for some fine drama for the next few hours prior to kickoff. Hopefully Stig earns his paycheck today!
                  Added to the drama is Stig is old school. I thought he believed in the adage that you don't lose your job because of injury. We got ourselves a QB controversy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Not particularly fond of pulling Taryn's red shirt for a game or two when Dalton Douglas appears to be a competent backup. Hoping Zim is wrong on this one.
                    I assume they would do it with the idea of him starting the rest of the year.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Re: Indiana State

The adage of you don't lose your job to injury is a non factor. I call it Tom Brady; exception to the rule #1. I believe now there are at least a dozen of those rules. 😂

Comment

How do we know this hot shot from SF is ready to play? I doubt he can find the Student Union, let alone the football field..

Comment

I have heard that the coaches will not pull TC's redshirt. Same source that said several days ago that Lujan would not go. The source? A coach.

If TC is the player we think he is, I want him to have four full years as a starter, not 3.6.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            I assume they would do it with the idea of him starting the rest of the year.
                            That's what I'm hoping if they choose to play Taryn. It would be worth it then.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              How do we know this hot shot from SF is ready to play? I doubt he can find the Student Union, let alone the football field..
                              What prompted that asinine statement? Did he budge in line at HyVee on you? Totally uncalled for even if it was in jest. Since there was no smiley face I'll assume you're serious and just a crabby old man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                What prompted that asinine statement? Did he budge in line at HyVee on you? Totally uncalled for even if it was in jest. Since there was no smiley face I'll assume you're serious and just a crabby old man.
                                No I am dead serious! And I am old but not crabby. Is he ready to play? I doubt he is ready. Among many things he has had learn is how to find the Union in order to pick up his free books. Hopefully he has learned that much so far. I think it is a fair question. I find all you arm chair coaches have got it figured out. Thank God you arm chairs are not in charge. I don't even know this guys name so how could I hold budge in a line at Hy Vee against him.

Comment

Working...
                                X