Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Indiana State

One thing I loved about the game really had nothing to do with the game, but how about those uniforms! Those have to be the coolest looking uniforms I've ever seen for any SDSU sports team. Why not wear uniforms like that all the time? I can imagine having some sweet uniforms would help on the recruiting front. Look at what Oregon does with its uniforms. I recognize that we aren't Oregon, but I think USD even has much cooler looking uniforms than we do. Kids always love cool, new looking gear. This is why I am not a huge fan of Under Armour. I really don't like what they put out. I wish that we could have stayed with Nike or have chosen Adidas. I believe we could do something to change our helmets as well. I LOVED the new look uniforms. Too bad it was only for one game. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

They looked better than I thought they would after seeing pictures. Good call. Defense was great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        One thing I loved about the game really had nothing to do with the game, but how about those uniforms! Those have to be the coolest looking uniforms I've ever seen for any SDSU sports team. Why not wear uniforms like that all the time? I can imagine having some sweet uniforms would help on the recruiting front. Look at what Oregon does with its uniforms. I recognize that we aren't Oregon, but I think USD even has much cooler looking uniforms than we do. Kids always love cool, new looking gear. This is why I am not a huge fan of Under Armour. I really don't like what they put out. I wish that we could have stayed with Nike or have chosen Adidas. I believe we could do something to change our helmets as well. I LOVED the new look uniforms. Too bad it was only for one game. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
        They looked better than I thought they would after seeing pictures. Good call. Defense was great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          Doesn't mean a damn thing to me because QB (regardless of name) shouldn't have had to dance around for 5+ seconds provided by the Oline waiting for someone besides 19 or 85 to get open. Again go **** yourself. I will be there in two weeks cheering my voice away hoping for a Jacks ass kicking. But I would take a 1 point victory over UNI. Where will you be?

Have a few too many bloody marys today or just a bad weekend? Take it easy man. Most of us are on the same side here. The Jacks are 4-1, and our biggest problem right now is trying to figure out which one of our good QBs should play. We're in a good spot, enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            You are a ducking idiot and a moron!!!! If Christion is the "starter and savior" that so many are hoping for he should know better. Guarantee Kim Nelson taught him better in his offense. Next man up. Lujan wouldn't have made that mistake. So many people have the attitude today that it is the "boss, teacher, coaches" fault. God forbid the person performing the action ducks up. Go duck yourself!!!

Ummmmm, I didn't say that Christion didn't make a mistake, but I will. He totally made the wrong decision in that situation. I'm saying the COACHES should have never put a true freshman QB seeing his first game action in a year in that position. To have that option with so many factors going in to it that's a lot for a young QB. This kid will make far more correct decisions in his career than mistakes. Just as Lujan has. I like Zach and he's done admirably for us. 8-3 is an incredible record as a starter. The fact is he simply does not possess the skill set that #1 has. I agree it is a good problem to have, 2 quality QB's. I'm not a fan of split playing game time when Lujan is healthy but then again I'm sure you'll put me in my place on that comment too.

As far as being a "ducking idiot and moron", my response will reflect your immaturity. I am rubber you are glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you. Or should it read, sticks and stones may break my bones but BitsTD's name calling will never hurt me.

Comment

BitsTD: knock off the personal attacks. You should be able to make your point without them.

As to the point in 'discussion', see what Stig said in the post-game interview. He wasn't happy about the play called.

Comment

I was very impressed with the defense on Saturday. D-Line in particular. When was the last time we had 6 sacks in a game? It was quite obvious to me they were more aggressive in their pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                  I was very impressed with the defense on Saturday. D-Line in particular. When was the last time we had 6 sacks in a game? It was quite obvious to me they were more aggressive in their pass rush.
                  My favorite play of the game was when Connor Landberg (who I mistook for Jake. I'm half blind[legally] so all the way across the field I can mix up 18 and 19 Thankfully the people directly in front of me straightened me out) Anyway back to the point; it was near mid field and Connor blocked a guy from half way between the hash marks and the side lines all the way out of bounds. It was a great block and got me really excited.

Comment

Sure, in hindsight the coaches could have handcuffed TC a bit more on the play before half.

If we had any timeouts, I'm sure a discussion would have happened that made it clear that a handoff wasn't really an option on that play.

The play before half is pretty much exactly the kind of stuff a normal fan expects to see when a true freshman takes over the starting QB spot. TC learned a valuable, hands on lesson, and we won the game.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

[QUOTE=SF_Rabbit_Fan;278991]Sure, in hindsight the coaches could have handcuffed TC a bit more on the play before half.

If we had any timeouts, I'm sure a discussion would have happened that made it clear that a handoff wasn't really an option on that play.

The play before half is pretty much exactly the kind of stuff a normal fan expects to see when a true freshman takes over the starting QB spot. TC learned a valuable, hands on lesson, and we won the game.[/

I don't think they handcuffed him on that particular play. The call was just one that shouldn't have been made. No way should a handoff been an option at all. Now bootleg him out and if the pass isn't there then tell TC tuck and run. I'll give him that and wouldn't be critical at all of EE's call if that was it. TC has a multiple skill set unlike we've ever seen at QB at SDSU. At times I think Stig will have go against all he has condemned of the communist offense and run versions of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                        Ugh, those Unis were some of the worst I thought SDSU has ever had. What oregon does for unis is a fad. Fads are cool for a little while. I figure that in 20 years when people look back or they show old highlights of games, that people were going to say what were they thinking. Thats terrible. I actually like the new UA unis with the stripes in the pants. Its like a little classic and retro.

"To do then now would be retro. To do then then was very now-tro, if you will."
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Ugh, those Unis were some of the worst I thought SDSU has ever had. What oregon does for unis is a fad. Fads are cool for a little while. I figure that in 20 years when people look back or they show old highlights of games, that people were going to say what were they thinking. Thats terrible. I actually like the new UA unis with the stripes in the pants. Its like a little classic and retro.

"To do then now would be retro. To do then then was very now-tro, if you will."
                          I thought they looked great in person.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                            I thought they looked great in person.

You can bid on line for these jerseys

Comment

When Taryn plays, he will be at QB. It I think was already posted, but just because the program says that you din't lose your job to injury doesn't mean that Taryn is done playing when Lujan is healthy.

Depth chart changes occur all the time based on work in practice. I do believe Lujan will get a chance to play again as soon as healthy, but beyond that it will become an evaluation of two starting caliber QBS to determine the starter.

Personally I believe that Taryn will ultimately start more games the rest of the way than Lujan. And I am a big Lujan supporter, I just think that Taryn showed his rare ability on Ssturday, and now that the redshirt has been removed he will be fully considered and will ultimately play QB for the Jacks.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I don't think they handcuffed him on that particular play. The call was just one that shouldn't have been made. No way should a handoff been an option at all. Now bootleg him out and if the pass isn't there then tell TC tuck and run. I'll give him that and wouldn't be critical at all of EE's call if that was it. TC has a multiple skill set unlike we've ever seen at QB at SDSU. At times I think Stig will have go against all he has condemned of the communist offense and run versions of it.[/QUOTE]

I did not play college football. However as I understand it, barring a timeout where specific instructions can be given, the QB always has the option to do what he feels is best based on what the defense shows. In other words, Taryn could have made the same mistake regardless of the play call.

On the bootleg, how many times has the team practiced a bootleg this year vs how many times they've practiced the play called? Granted, bootleg might have been the right call for Taryn to freestyle out of, but if the blocking scheme breaks down and routes suck because we have literally never practiced them, we're just as screwed as if we run the ball. Would the true freshman have the presence of mind to throw it away with an impending sack with time winding down?

Like I said, the play before half is pretty much exactly the kind of stuff that should be expected when a true freshman takes over the starting QB spot. The fact that there weren't more hiccups speaks volumes of both Taryn and the coaching staff, IMO.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X