Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Indiana State

Anyone read anything about the injured ISU player taken away in an ambulance. Precautions taken to get him out of the stadium indicated concern about a neck/spine injury. Sure hope there's good news this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Anyone read anything about the injured ISU player taken away in an ambulance. Precautions taken to get him out of the stadium indicated concern about a neck/spine injury. Sure hope there's good news this morning.
      The
      two teams traded possessions in quick succession until the early minutes of the
      second quarter, when the game came to a standstill following a terrifying injury
      to leading-tackler Lonnell Brown Jr. Brown was immediately immobile and had to
      be carted off the field. It was later reported that Brown has movement in all
      his extremities and he even returned to the sideline by the fourth quarter.
      Brown received a rousing round of applause from the fans in Brookings and a
      touching tribute by the entire Sycamore bench, who came together as the cart
      passed by to wish him well.

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=15200
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        The
        two teams traded possessions in quick succession until the early minutes of the
        second quarter, when the game came to a standstill following a terrifying injury
        to leading-tackler Lonnell Brown Jr. Brown was immediately immobile and had to
        be carted off the field. It was later reported that Brown has movement in all
        his extremities and he even returned to the sideline by the fourth quarter.
        Brown received a rousing round of applause from the fans in Brookings and a
        touching tribute by the entire Sycamore bench, who came together as the cart
        passed by to wish him well.

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=15200
        Wow, good news that he seems to be okay. The whole defensive unit seemed a little chippy after that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Or maybe they are going to the games because they have a pretty good football team up there
          And why do they have a pretty good football team? It could be because they are not afraid to ask for money and they get casual fans to buy raffle tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            And why do they have a pretty good football team? It could be because they are not afraid to ask for money and they get casual fans to buy raffle tickets.
            Never underestimate the draw of games of chance. I am and have been involved in fundraising events with charitable gambling where people come out of the woodwork for raffles. I can guarantee that a good many attendees have very little interest in the object of the charity and if asked to contribute on merits alone would never open the checkbook. Certainly there are a good number of fans at CAS who attend yet won't write a donation check each Saturday but might participate in a raffle. For a department that had some natural limits in terms of revenue, every option for revenue should be explored and pursued.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              TC, he makes the throws outside the hashes that Lujan can't. The one miss to Weineke that sailed through his hands, I honestly don't think he's used to catching a ball with that much zip. It's been 10 months since Sumner threw to him. Give it time. This offense should've hung 42-45 pts tonight. Starting to get concerned with carlsons kicking though. Hope that improves, we're going to need to count on him.
              Dude was 6-8 coming into the game. It was a blustery night not conducive to kicking field goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Hunting season and 3 day weekends will do this. Would a 50-50 raffle with the winner having to be present have change things? Only if it was an on-going tradition. I think it was opening season in ND, but that sure did not prevent a sellout.
                It was resident pheasant opener in SD, in ND and the regular opener in MN. Harvest is in full swing and it is a three day weekend on campus. Hopefully the school is more accommodating to on campus students during long weekends then during my time there 15 or so years ago. Then, food service options were limited and no janitorial service in the showers etc. I wasn't at the game but couldn't help but be disappointed in the student turnout. Were there more than a couple hundred in attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                  Dude was 6-8 coming into the game. It was a blustery night not conducive to kicking field goals.
                  Well it's a good thing the wind only blows 1 day a year.

Remember the MT St game? I was there, wind and snow. The kicking game was the difference, we could do it. They could not and gave up on it .

I realize its it's difficult for him to follow Syrovatka, like Mengarelli and Zenner. The kid needs to improve kicking in wind though and I'm sure he knows this and will work on it.
                  Last edited by Jackedforlife; 10-11-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Our kicker was booming 60-yarders through the uprights in the pre-game warmup. In the game, when he missed the first - that had to shake his confidence a little. I thought he wasn't confident on the second and missed, and then got his head on and nailed the third one and one after that. A new streak started!

But, wow, you can look back and realize how spoiled we've been. We've always had a good kicker.

Comment

Our kicker was booming 60-yarders through the uprights in the pre-game warmup. In the game, when he missed the first - that had to shake his confidence a little. I thought he wasn't confident on the second and missed, and then got his head on and nailed the third one and one after that. A new streak started!

But, wow, you can look back and realize how spoiled we've been. We've always had a good kicker.
                      We have been spoiled and I think Carlson is good but like DB's kickers need to have short memories or the mind game will get them

Comment

What's the old adage? If you have two quarterbacks, you have zero quarterbacks. I'll be supremely disappointed if we do some quarterback rotation by quarter or drive.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

But RabbitObsessed, I assume you're a guy who teaches his student (for others: I happen to have it on very good authority that RO is an excellent teacher) to avoid clichés. Many adages are clichés with a nicer name. We may have two playing quarterbacks.

Comment

Does anyone know if Cody Hazelett is injured ? Not listed as having participated last night. And Hassell is listed as having played but didn't notice him at all. I thought these two would be contributors on defense this year. And Reggie Gandy seems to have disappeared from the picture altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Does anyone know if Cody Hazelett is injured ? Not listed as having participated last night. And Hassell is listed as having played but didn't notice him at all. I thought these two would be contributors on defense this year. And Reggie Gandy seems to have disappeared from the picture altogether.
                              Hassell played on some special teams units. Not sure why he isn't part of the LB rotation right now.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

But RabbitObsessed, I assume you're a guy who teaches his student (for others: I happen to have it on very good authority that RO is an excellent teacher) to avoid clichés. Many adages are clichés with a nicer name. We may have two playing quarterbacks.
                                And it's not like we are patching it together with 2 quarterbacks. Lujan is capable, and TC appears to have the tools.

For now I would start Lujan, but play them both. Would make it tough for teams to prepare for both. You could then ride the hot hand in each game, and eventually transfer to TC full time.

What I DON'T want to see happen is Lujan lose his starting job due to injury. That would be used against us extensively on the recruiting trail. Maybe TC is outplaying him in practice, but we can't give recruits the impression that if you get hurt, are a starter, and have played pretty good that you might not see the field again.

Comment

Working...
                                X