Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT NDSU at SDSU

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Honestly they're not. Wentz is getting rid of the ball quickly and we still can't cover.

And yes, we'll probably lose.
    I kept hearing people complain about how bad our coverage was and how we couldn't get pressure. I agree with it being Wentz getting rid of the ball so quickly. He was making some pro-level anticipation passes before his receivers were even making breaks out of their routes. Wentz is obviously on another level, and is very deserving of the pro potential praise.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Haven't thrown a screen pass yet with all this pressure
      Amen brother... where the F was a screen play man? Any decent offensive coordinator would have at least called one of them... just one... just try it out... see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
        Bison will stretch this win streak to 15+ games.
        This game was pretty depressing, but you are more depressing than anything about this game... Eternal pessimist... Is there a way I can avoid seeing your posts? :P

Comment

Agreed on Wentz praise. I don't remember his demeanor in last year's regular season game, but I'll never forget how calm and collected he looked throwing in the playoff game last year. His composure on that winning drive is burned into my memory forever, specifically the td pass.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

[QUOTE=CappinHard;278285]I kept hearing people complain about how bad our coverage was and how we couldn't get pressure. I agree with it being Wentz getting rid of the ball so quickly. He was making some pro-level anticipation passes before his receivers were even making breaks out of their routes. Wentz is obviously on another level, and is very deserving of the pro potential praise.[/QUOTE

A timing route,throwing to a spot and the receiver being there the same time as the ball arrives.It can be practiced by receiver and qb so that the qb knows exactly how many seconds he has to throw at at what angle and how much velocity and arch. Very effective when receiver and qb can get it right pretty consistently.It can be done by any qb if they and receiver practice it enough.Bison are well coached and do a lot of things very well. Every QB ,no matter what team,works on these,don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              A timing route,throwing to a spot and the receiver being there the same time as the ball arrives.It can be practiced by receiver and qb so that the qb knows exactly how many seconds he has to throw at at what angle and how much velocity and arch. Very effective when receiver and qb can get it right pretty consistently.It can be done by any qb if they and receiver practice it enough.Bison are well coached and do a lot of things very well. Every QB ,no matter what team,works on these,don't they?
              Every team and qb works on these, of course, but it's unstoppable when you have a qb as good as Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Going back through reading this thread... This post was quite the accurate look into the crystal ball. SDSU's offensive line got overpowered all game until NDSU started playing prevent in the 2nd half. NDSU game planned us perfectly... blitz on nearly every down, shut down the run, pressure Lujan and make him beat you... He didn't have time to beat them even if he wanted to try. It was said that the best way to stop Wieneke is to put pressure on Lujan, and that's exactly what they did. Well played, NDSU... well played. I would have liked to see some screen plays or something to try to counter the all out blitzing by NDSU.

While I'm criticizing of the offensive play calling, what in god's green earth was the play call on 4th and goal from the half yard line?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! A play action run out of wildcat?!?!?! Who were they faking out? Fake the run up the middle, then.... run up the freaking middle?!?!?!?!?!? Absolutely awful play design, I hope we don't see that again. I was happy to see that formation set up in that spot, but why in the world would they go away from what has worked almost every single time this season? Just snap the ball directly to the deep back and power it into the end zone for god's sake. I know, there is so much more to be angry about when it comes to this game, but most of it comes down to the Bison outplaying us... this, however, was just asinine play design in my opinion. Anyone else with me on this one?
                Best run was two handoff,first was fake handoff going one way ,got defense going that way or at least stopped looking to see if he had the ball (misdirection),second handoff was the opposite way, got 15 yds to the 4 yd line. Got the runner a little space to run in. Why have multiple backs if you don't run misdirection plays sometimes. They can help blocking for the runner sometimes, but not all the time. We need more versatility in our running game. Even if we were less predictable, it's hard to run against the Bison defense.

Comment

just my observation...your QB didn't look good at all, he was rattled from opening kickoff to the final bell...threw the ball all over the place

just an opinion, just remember SDsU can still make noise in the FCS world....
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    just my observation...your QB didn't look good at all, he was rattled from opening kickoff to the final bell...threw the ball all over the place

I completely agree... and I mostly blame the offensive line and give credit to NDSU's defensive play calls and execution. He was either running for his life, or he was bracing for a hit on almost every pass play. I'm not sure any QB would have looked good in the situation Lujan was in tonight.

Comment

I completely agree... and I mostly blame the offensive line and give credit to NDSU's defensive play calls and execution. He was either running for his life, or he was bracing for a hit on almost every pass play. I'm not sure any QB would have looked good in the situation Lujan was in tonight.
                      He got battered tonight which is a big reason he didnt look good. NDSUs pressure was the biggest factor in the game. Kept our offense off the field until the game was out of hand.

After the game Klieman figured they'd of had 2 or 3 more TDs without the turnovers in the second half. It could have been uglier.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        He got battered tonight which is a big reason he didnt look good. NDSUs pressure was the biggest factor in the game. Kept our offense off the field until the game was out of hand.

After the game Klieman figured they'd of had 2 or 3 more TDs without the turnovers in the second half. It could have been uglier.
                        and Sdsu could of had 2 or 3 more too if they hadn't been stopped on drives.. That's a stupid come from Klieman.

Comment

No he didn't nor the supporting cast of lineman and receivers and our running back? How much is a ZENNER?

Comment

If you put Wentz behind our offensive line with no running game he probably wouldn't have looked very good either. We had a lot of bigger problems than our QB.

Comment

Every team and qb works on these, of course, but it's unstoppable when you have a qb as good as Wentz.
                              And it doesn't help when one of your corners is constantly lining up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Stig says it's a lack of confidence. Sure, that's part of it. What he can't say is that NDSU has better players at a lot of positions. Can anybody argue that is not the case? If you do, you're kidding yourselves. Confidence isn't going to stop NDSU's pass rush from whacking our QB. You need great players across the board. And (though apparently optimism is frowned upon here) the Jacks are, slowly but surely, getting better players. It's a long-term deal to catch up to NDSU. It just is. Sorry, but you don't match or pass the four-time national champs in one or two or three years. This wasn't even supposed to be a great year for SDSU, picked 5th in the conference after losing two of the best players in the program's history.

We're 3-1 and because we just lost to the likely 5-peat national champions, the sky is falling? Did anybody think we'd complete the SJAC, build half a stadium and win a national championship right away?

This team has seven more games to play and still has a great shot at a top-8 seed in the playoffs.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X