Weineke and history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weineke and history

Given what he's done, and how much career he has left, I thought we might end up needing a dedicated Weineke thread. In another thread, someone mentioned his name in the same sentence as Wolters and Zenner. So far, that does not seem unreasonable. Below are a few records that will be worth watching if Jake stays healthy. He's certainly on pace to have his name listed in the FCS record books.

Stats after less than 1.5 seasons
    Carreer catches: 99
    Career yards: 1,932
    Career TD: 22
    100yd games: 10

FCS Records

Most catches in a career
    317—Jacquay Nunnally, Florida A&M, 1997-00
    It takes 252 to get into the top-10
    SDSU record is 225 - Davis

Most yards in a career
    4,693—Jerry Rice, Mississippi Val., 1981-84 (caught 301)
    It takes 3,851 to get into the top-10
    SDSU record is 3,621 - Tiefenthaler

Most TD in a career
    58 - David Ball, New Hampshire.
    It takes 39 to get into the top 10.
    SDSU record is 32 - Tiefenthaler

Most 100-yard games
    23—Jerry Rice, Mississippi Val., 1981-84

Re: Weineke and history

No doubt Jake is a very outstanding athlete who got a great deal of mention in the pre-game press interview of David Beatty KU head coach. I don't recall any FBS coach doing this prior to their game with SDSU. Not wanting to put ZZ down but he never got this kind of a review.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 09-27-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

For those of us who are special and find it easier to see things in a different format (Me).

Jake W. Stats after less than 1.5 seasons In BOLD

FCS Records

Most catches in a career
      317—Jacquay Nunnally, Florida A&M, 1997-00
      It takes 252 to get into the top-10
      SDSU record is 225 - Davis
      Jake W. Carreer catches: 99

Most yards in a career
      4,693—Jerry Rice, Mississippi Val., 1981-84 (caught 301)
      It takes 3,851 to get into the top-10
      SDSU record is 3,621 - Tiefenthaler
      Jake W. Career yards: 1,932

Most TD in a career
      58 - David Ball, New Hampshire.
      It takes 39 to get into the top 10.
      SDSU record is 32 - Tiefenthaler
      Jake W. Career TD: 22

Most 100-yard games
      23—Jerry Rice, Mississippi Val., 1981-84
      Jake W. 100yd games: 10
      Last edited by slosho; 09-27-2015, 08:02 AM. Reason: Formmatting

Comment

Let's play devil's advocate. Has anyone shuddered at the thought that Jake potentially could graduate in four years and go to a Power 5 FBS school as a graduate transfer to test the waters and up his potential NFL draft stock? With what he does on the field he could/should be playing up a level.

Happy Sunday!
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

If Cooper Kupp plays for 4 years at EWU, he will likely own the #1 spot on all of those record lists. It may be him at Wieneke #1 and #2 on all them if they both keep up their paces.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
            Let's play devil's advocate. Has anyone shuddered at the thought that Jake potentially could graduate in four years and go to a Power 5 FBS school as a graduate transfer to test the waters and up his potential NFL draft stock? With what he does on the field he could/should be playing up a level.

Happy Sunday!
            i was thinking that same thing during the game last night but didn't want to think about it anymore. Also, it hasn't worked out so well for Vernon Adams this year. It should help him to see that Zenner was able to make to the NFL from this level and quite a few guys from last years team also were invited to camps. The NFL will always find talent no matter what level. Hopefully Jake feels the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post

Happy Sunday!
              While your statement warrants some merit I believe Mr Weineke understands chemistry. He has great chemistry with Lujan, had it with Sumner and no doubt will with Christion. Could he develop that with FBS talent? Sure but he'd have to go to a top 20 school if not top 10 to get the quality qb he'd need at that level. I predict he stays and rocks the FCS and proves time and again in FBS games he belongs. I don't think an nfl team could belittle or underestimate him like ZZ. He's 6'4" 215#, excellent hands, jumps with great body control, good to great speed and has wiggle that isn't often seen in guys his size. I think/hope he understands how special he and the program are to each other.

Comment

That and his younger brother is on the team. Might be a factor becasue that's special for many to play with siblings.

I think I am just going to refer to him as the wizard from now on after listening tyler call him that all the time.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                X