Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Road Ahead

Impressions so far.

USD better than anticipated. UNI definitely better than expected. Western Illinois playing Coastal Carolina tough on road says WIU will be a tough cookie and also shows the toughness of the MVFC. Should be no doubt this is the best FCS conference, not even close.
    Some teams in the league we play on road - Missouri State, which got obliterated by Arkansas State, Indiana State, which won ugly today - not as good as expected.

If Jacks take care of business on Oct. 3 and 10, it could be a very special, special season.

Re: The Road Ahead

The next game is versus Robert Morris. One game if not one play at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      The next game is versus Robert Morris. One game if not one play at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Okay, okay, oldest cliche in books acknowledged. Making observations about the first three weeks of the season. Trends have begun forming.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Okay, okay, oldest cliche in books acknowledged. Making observations about the first three weeks of the season. Trends have begun forming.
        I'll judge USD when they play somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I'll judge USD when they play somebody.
          Im sure it will be fair judgement!! 😜

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            Im sure it will be fair judgement!! ��
            Win next week and i will believe

Comment

The yotes get their bye next week in preparation for Bo and YSU on 10/3. That will be a test for both teams.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It was done with a smiley face. I'm not beating the drum with how good we are, trust me. But, we are better, and our defense is much improved, so at minimum we are trending the right way. Youngstown will be a true measuring stick game for us, no question. I've said this on our board. I don't know if the improvement will translate into more wins or losses, but we are improved. So far we have been relatively injury free, and we need to remain way to have any hope of competing week after week. We just aren't that deep in a lot of areas.

Comment

It was done with a smiley face. I'm not beating the drum with how good we are, trust me. But, we are better, and our defense is much improved, so at minimum we are trending the right way. Youngstown will be a true measuring stick game for us, no question. I've said this on our board. I don't know if the improvement will translate into more wins or losses, but we are improved. So far we have been relatively injury free, and we need to remain way to have any hope of competing week after week. We just aren't that deep in a lot of areas.
                  I agree with you that you are getting better. We will find out how much better in a couple weeks. And youre right, in this conference being better doesnt mean more wins. Every week will be tough, with the exception of Mo St.

Comment

I would love to see how Bo handles the dome. He almost got his arse handed to him by Robert Morris in a rain storm. I guess we need to keep our guard up too.

Comment

The Road Ahead

At this early point, we definitely have complete control of our post season fate. Getting a BCS win in the same year that we have NDSU, UNI and Ill State at home sets a high ceiling.

We'll definitely learn a lot about the teams expected to be at the top in the first two weeks of conference play.

October 3
                      NDSU@SDSU
                      UNI @ Ill State

That's your likely top-4 sorting things out on the field right off the bat.

October 10
                      UNI @ NDSU

USD starts with Youngstown at home and then goes on the road to WIU (who looks very tough) and NDSU. We'll see what they're made of by the time mid-October arrives. The Coyotes have the opposite of our schedule, having to go to Ill St, UNI, and NDSU. Throw in WIU and you have a brutal road schedule.

Comment

The team I saw win on the road in California is definitely better than last year's team. Still not enough offensive weapons but defense could keep the Yotes in a lot of games. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          The team I saw win on the road in California is definitely better than last year's team. Still not enough offensive weapons but defense could keep the Yotes in a lot of games. IMHO
                          Very fair

Comment

Working...
                          X