Gameday experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gameday experience

Does the foot stomping on the new bleachers sound loud to people sitting on the west side ? It sure does when you are sitting right in the middle of it. It seems like there is not a lot of standing on the east side because people realize you can make a lot of noise yelling and stomping their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Does the foot stomping on the new bleachers sound loud to people sitting on the west side ? It sure does when you are sitting right in the middle of it. It seems like there is not a lot of standing on the east side because people realize you can make a lot of noise yelling and stomping their feet.
      Better complain to an usher if they are adversely impacting your gameday experience and get everyone's season tickets revoked

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        It is loud and sounds awesome. I can't wait for a full house of jacks fans during Hobo Day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by More_Cowbell View Post
          It is loud and sounds awesome. I can't wait for a full house of jacks fans during Hobo Day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
          I remember the Southern Utah game thinking. "What is that rumbling??" It is a cool experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            What if I was asked to sit down once and went to the Usher and complain about someone telling me to sit down and they are adversely impacting my game experience? Would they face "arrest" like I would? Or do these rights only pertain to people that sit?
            Your attitudes in this thread do not reflect the type of fan I want representing SDSU. Stay home. We don't need your $ or your blatant disrespect of others.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              Your attitudes in this thread do not reflect the type of fan I want representing SDSU. Stay home. We don't need your $ or your blatant disrespect of others.
              Ditto! Didn't realize I was showing "blatant disrespect of others" because I prefer to stand at football games. Plus, I've already said if someone was physically unable to stand, I would try to accommodate for them.

Also, glad you can speak for the AD!

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Ditto! Didn't realize I was showing "blatant disrespect of others" because I prefer to stand at football games. Plus, I've already said if someone was physically unable to stand, I would try to accommodate for them.

Also, glad you can speak for the AD!
                I can speak for the new AD. See, in the new stadium, he chose to purchase and install these nifty things called "seats".......

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  Holy smokes.....almost feel like I should contact my lawyer before I attend a game.
                  Oh great, when all else fails, blame my profession.

Comment

If you want to stand the whole game buy seats in the top row. Then next year you can have a suite or loge(standing).

Comment

• Re: Gameday experience

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                      I can speak for the new AD. See, in the new stadium, he chose to purchase and install these nifty things called "seats".......
                      So because you purchased seats you can speak for the AD? I didn't know a seat had so much power. So, guess we are getting a new coach then, since you speak for Justin and all...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        If you want to stand the whole game buy seats in the top row. Then next year you can have a suite or loge(standing).
                        If you want to sit the whole game, purchase seats in the front row. Then next year you can have a suite or loge (sitting).

Comment

It always amazes me how people get wrapped around the axle about things.

People stand up and cheer at athletic events. They do.

They just do.

This is not rude behavior. It is, in fact, in most venues, encouraged. Those who have difficulty standing should recognize this, and accept that there will be times during the course of a game where their view of the action on the field/court may be obstructed by those who are more physically able to display their enthusiasm. Again, THIS IS NOT RUDE BEHAVIOR.

Asking them to sit down during those most exciting moments in the games is, itself, rather rude. Sorry to point this out to you, as I'm sure you'd like to see those exciting moments, but you HAVE TO REALIZE YOU WILL NOT SEE SOME OF THE MOST EXCITING PLAYS because of your mobility challenges. That is just the way of the world. It is astonishingly selfish of you to expect able-bodied fans to sit on their hands during the most exciting times of the game, just so you can have an unobstructed view. (I say this as somebody who has an artificial knee and knows something of mobility-impairment and the agony of trying to spend two, three, or four hours sitting in a stadium seat with legroom woefully inadequate to my needs).

Now, if you can, and want to stand up for the entire game, congratulations on your youth and/or good health.

However, you should understand that there may be people behind you who find it uncomfortable, painful, or impossible to stand with you all the time.

Therefore, you shouldn't stand all the time, as a courtesy to your fellow fans.

Get up and cheer loudly when you need to, but other times, please sit down. Be loud, cheer lustily, but do you really have to stand all the time?

Courtesy works both ways.

This doesn't have to be all one way or the other.

Those that can, are going to stand. Those that can't, are going to have to tolerate it. There's a middle ground somewhere, but I will not pretend that those that can't stand will ever be truly happy that they can't see the big plays, because they won't.

Ever.

Have some sympathy for them.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I cant believe this dialogue continues. If I recall correctly, this topic started in 2009, and it has come and went, but this year it seems to have made a big come back. I am moving to loge seating next year, and am anxious to see how that works out. I will not have to put up with the intoxicated lady in back of me and like JackGuyII, people who are constantly going for consessions and bathroom breaks. I suppose someone could argue that sitting in seat 3, you should expect that and maybe so.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                It always amazes me how people get wrapped around the axle about things.

People stand up and cheer at athletic events. They do.

They just do.

This is not rude behavior. It is, in fact, in most venues, encouraged. Those who have difficulty standing should recognize this, and accept that there will be times during the course of a game where their view of the action on the field/court may be obstructed by those who are more physically able to display their enthusiasm. Again, THIS IS NOT RUDE BEHAVIOR.

Asking them to sit down during those most exciting moments in the games is, itself, rather rude. Sorry to point this out to you, as I'm sure you'd like to see those exciting moments, but you HAVE TO REALIZE YOU WILL NOT SEE SOME OF THE MOST EXCITING PLAYS because of your mobility challenges. That is just the way of the world. It is astonishingly selfish of you to expect able-bodied fans to sit on their hands during the most exciting times of the game, just so you can have an unobstructed view. (I say this as somebody who has an artificial knee and knows something of mobility-impairment and the agony of trying to spend two, three, or four hours sitting in a stadium seat with legroom woefully inadequate to my needs).

Now, if you can, and want to stand up for the entire game, congratulations on your youth and/or good health.

However, you should understand that there may be people behind you who find it uncomfortable, painful, or impossible to stand with you all the time.

Therefore, you shouldn't stand all the time, as a courtesy to your fellow fans.

Get up and cheer loudly when you need to, but other times, please sit down. Be loud, cheer lustily, but do you really have to stand all the time?

Courtesy works both ways.

This doesn't have to be all one way or the other.

Those that can, are going to stand. Those that can't, are going to have to tolerate it. There's a middle ground somewhere, but I will not pretend that those that can't stand will ever be truly happy that they can't see the big plays, because they won't.

Ever.

Have some sympathy for them.
                                That was perfect Filbert. I keep repeating myself but if we can't have fun at a football game where CAN we have fun? Sports are supposed to be FUN! I bet if we polled the players and coaches they would rather have us standing on 3rd down and yelling to fire up the defense and make it difficult for the offensive players to hear the QB etc. That's my job as a fan and it's all of the fun to boot. I will not go to a game and sit on my hands all game. If I'm forced to sit by ushers or someone else I will just quit going and watch the game on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X