Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who like polls:

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Interesting tidbit from AGS. A Coastal Carolina fan put together a chart that showed the record for each team in the top 25 of the AGS poll vs current top 25 teams (Traditionally those numbers are based off of how the team was ranked at the time played). SDSU had the most games and wins vs current top 25 teams, with a 3-1 record. The amazing part of that is what that means is every game we have had outside of RMU has been against a team CURRENTLY in the top 25 or FBS. That's pretty amazing to be sitting where we are sitting facing a schedule with that many top teams after losing Sumner and ZZ.

Excellent post

Comment

It is very early yet, but the playoff bracketology predictions have begun to get dialed in a little better. I thought this one was interesting.

Dom Izzo (Fargo) currently has SDSU getting a bye and then hosting the winner of NDSU/Montana St. That would be quite a change.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/201...y-version-3-0/

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        It is very early yet, but the playoff bracketology predictions have begun to get dialed in a little better. I thought this one was interesting.

Dom Izzo (Fargo) currently has SDSU getting a bye and then hosting the winner of NDSU/Montana St. That would be quite a change.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/201...y-version-3-0/
        While I would love a seed, I would hate to see ISUr, ISUb, NDSU, and us all on the same side of the bracket.

Comment

Always interesting to see the reshuffle after a weekend loss. We sit as the third highest ranked FCS team according to Jeff Sagarin's computers.

Here's where Sagarin places FCS teams (I stopped looking at 120)
          67 Illinois State
          70 NDSU
          83 SDSU
          85 Harvard
          90 Jacksonville State
          94 Northern Iowa
          95 Chattanooga
          97 James Madison
          99 Coastal Carolina
          103 Billy & Mary
          104 So Utah
          106 Portland State
          108 Youngstown
          109 Sam Houston State
          110 McNeese
          114 Southern Illinois
          115 Richmond
          117 Western Illinois
          118 Eastern Washington
          120 Dartmouth

Comment

Current Coaches' FCS poll on the NCAA site:
            http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs

Jacksonville State is ranked #1
            Our of the MVFC, ISU-R is ranked 3, NDSU is ranked 7 and SDSU is ranked 14.

Comment

The current Massey composite is: http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

Top 10 FCS per Massey:
              1 Illinois State
              2 Harvard
              3 James Madison
              4 Dartmouth
              5 Coastal Carolina
              6 Jacksonville State
              7 Richmond
              8 NDSU
              9 SDSU
              10 Portland State

Poor old Missouri State comes in at 102 out of 125 listed.

Comment

Per Massey there are 9 MVFC teams in the top 33. That's pretty incredible. Ill St at #2 down to USD at #33.

http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

Sagarin has NDSU, Ill St & SDSU as the top FCS teams too. Reiterating what we already know, the MVFC is the toughest conference in the FCS.

Comment

Looks like win out is going to about the only way to get a seed IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                    Looks like win out is going to about the only way to get a seed IMO.
                    I agree unless some crazy things happen in the rest of the FCS world, which certainly is possible. I do think that if we win out we are likely a top 4 seed though, which would mean 2 games in Sioux Falls if we put the bids in for them

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                      I agree unless some crazy things happen in the rest of the FCS world, which certainly is possible. I do think that if we win out we are likely a top 4 seed though, which would mean 2 games in Sioux Falls if we put the bids in for them
                      10,000 seat stadium for playoffs might be about right.

Comment

Jacks should make a big jump in the polls. 6 of the 10 teams ranked above them all lost today, plus the Jacks beat the highest ranked team of those six.

Comment

Yeah but MT winning in overtime will probably move them up to 3rd now.😜

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            If a team is seeded you don't bid for playoff games, highest seed gets the home game, bidding is for non seeded teams
                            Last edited by tjbison; 11-08-2015, 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

The Big Sky is just a flat out joke. And they're probably going to get four teams in. EWU and Portland St losing yesterday is not about strength and balance such as in the Valley. It's about the lack of strength their "big boy" teams are. The comment about Montana jumping can be said in jest, but there's a lot of truth to it. EWU and Montana get more love in the coaches poll than anyone outside of the Bison. Seriously, 6-2 EWU was #4 before yesterday? Look at their scores. We'd kick them and everybody else in the Sky's back side this year.

Comment

The latest Massey Ratings, after yesterday's games, has 1) Harvard 2) Jacksonville State 3) NDSU 4) SDSU 5) Illinois State in the top 8. Southern Utah is 10th, and Portland State 14th from the Big Sky. IMO bottom line now is: win out and we will be in the top 8 seeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X