Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who like polls:

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    A bit of drift but it comes down to seeding. Last year, Jacks and Bison in the same semi final bracket, UNI and ISUr in the same bracket, our #5 ISUb in the third bracket and we were shut in the forth set. The committee knows what they are doing, make us beat up on each other while allowing the weak sisters to enhance their record by going deeper.

Man up committee and seed based on the record. We deserve a top MVC team in each of the 4 brackets!
    I don't suppose this has anything to do with possible TV ratings does it? I mean if half of the Field is from the MVFC how many From other leagues not represented are going to watch?

Comment

SDSU is number one in the Massey composite that at the moment includes 19 rankings

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        but first, we have to boat race Robert Morris.
        fixed it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I don't suppose this has anything to do with possible TV ratings does it? I mean if half of the Field is from the MVFC how many From other leagues not represented are going to watch?
          I don't think FCS playoff games generate enough national interest for TV rating to be considered. I think it has more to do with finances and matching up schools that are close to each other to control costs and run the playoffs as cheap as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I still consider NDSU the favorite until we can prove otherwise. The Massey Composite cited by Prairiehaas supports that position. The target is on NDSU, not us. I hope we can get it done...but first, we have to destroy Robert Morris.
            After watching four quarters Saturday. No doubt our hands will be full. Can you believe 10, that is ten, 3 and outs. The bison D looked flawless. NDSU has always contended that defense wins football games. Either UND offense is really poor or NDSU defense is very good. I would put my money on NDSU, unless we prove otherwise.

Comment

For those who like polls:

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              After watching four quarters Saturday. No doubt our hands will be full. Can you believe 10, that is ten, 3 and outs. The bison D looked flawless. NDSU has always contended that defense wins football games. Either UND offense is really poor or NDSU defense is very good. I would put my money on NDSU, unless we prove otherwise.
              Not saying NDSU has a bad defense, but UND offensively struggled with a Drake team that usd boat raced.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                Not saying NDSU has a bad defense, but UND offensively struggled with a Drake team that usd boat raced.
                UND has offensive tools but they did not show up much so I guess its a question is NDSU defense that good or is UND offense that poor? We will find out about the Bison D on Oct 3.

Comment

This week's coaches poll:
                  1. Coastal Carolina (18)
                  2. NDSU (4)
                  3. Jacksonville State (3)
                  4. Villanova
                  5. Illinois State
                  6. UNI
                  7. SDSU (1)
                  8. James Madison
                  9. Chattanooga
                  10. Liberty
                  12. Youngstown State
                  23. Indiana State
                  Western is Receiving 3 votes
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

STATS Media Poll:

1. Jacksonville State
                    2. Coastal Carolina
                    3. NDSU
                    4. Illinois State
                    5. Villanova
                    6. SDSU
                    7. UNI
                    8. Chattanooga
                    9. James Madison
                    10. Liberty
                    13. Youngstown State
                    22. Indiana State
                    Receiving Votes:
                    South Dakota 64
                    Western Illinois 36
                    Missouri State 3
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

True. Montana put 38 points on the board against NDSU and then went on to average only 20 per game against Cal Poly and Liberty - two less-than-amazing teams. The "real" NDSU defense is probably somewhere in between their performance against MT and UND.

I was a little surprised we were not higher than 7th in the coaches poll. I guess a couple of wins in the next two weeks would quickly fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        True. Montana put 38 points on the board against NDSU and then went on to average only 20 per game against Cal Poly and Liberty - two less-than-amazing teams. The "real" NDSU defense is probably somewhere in between their performance against MT and UND.

I was a little surprised we were not higher than 7th in the coaches poll. I guess a couple of wins in the next two weeks would quickly fix that.
                        I am a bit surprised too. Illinois State and NDSU are coasting on last year's success at the top of the poll, which is fine, but I believe based on this year, we should be ahead of those 2 for sure. I think we should be ahead of UNI as well, but I get how these polls go. Too small of a sample size on SDSU at this point, but having said that, I think it would be valid to have them in the top 5 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                          STATS Media Poll:

1. Jacksonville State
                          2. Coastal Carolina
                          3. NDSU
                          4. Illinois State
                          5. Villanova
                          6. SDSU
                          7. UNI
                          8. Chattanooga
                          9. James Madison
                          10. Liberty
                          13. Youngstown State
                          22. Indiana State
                          Receiving Votes:
                          South Dakota 64
                          Western Illinois 36
                          Missouri State 3
                          Missouri St received 3 votes? Who in their right mind would vote for Mo St. Id say So Ill deserves a vote or two after losing by just 1 to Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Missouri St received 3 votes? Who in their right mind would vote for Mo St. Id say So Ill deserves a vote or two after losing by just 1 to Indiana.
                            I got a good chuckle out of that as well. I was glad to see that neither USD or Mo St. got votes in the coaches poll. Probably goes to show the credibility (or lack thereof) of the STATS poll.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
                              The Montana loss is starting to hurt NDSU. It's Montana's only win of the year. I know we obviously need to beat them but that is beginning to look like a bad loss for them and their strength of schedule is pretty weak if Montana isn't good. They also don't have to play ISU-R which doesn't help their SOS.
                              Will change when conference ce play starts
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I could care less about polls. Go win football games. The polls mean nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X