X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Oh, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun to make a wise crack when somebody posts something like you did. As far as fan support, I don't know if Montana can be topped. NDSU travels extremely well...but I can't say we travel better than Montana...not familiar enough. I do know they have a significantly bigger stadium and they do not have trouble getting it pretty full. I believe they have the top spot for regular season attendance. Their tailgating is right at the top. Now you come along and think a new stadium is going to all of a sudden make you guys the top of the league in support? If you had a hunting range on one side and a fishing pond on the other (the cheerleaders can still graze before, after, and halftime) on the field. Maybe then you would get big support. We will see where your attendance is in November (and December*).

Now onto the hops subject...good for you. I wish I had the space to grow them. My in-laws live in the country and have the space for it...but I've never asked. Do they take much work? I'm guessing have a fence/wall to climb...but do they need a lot of watering (when it isn't raining ever other day)?

*Most likely in the Fargodome...let's see if all that support can fill up your whole section.

Don't forget your BIG BIRD outfit, we feel entertained when you are wearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Don't forget your BIG BIRD outfit, we feel entertained when you are wearing it.
      Can't forget that...people will have to know where to go to pick up some Brookings Best beer.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        You need new friends.
        Well he was nice enough to drive up to Fargo for the playoff game.

Comment

Sorry for being away so long my fellow South Dakota resident friends. While NDSU fans have been busy figuring out how they are going to get tickets to any games in Fargo, I've never even heard one person worry about getting tickets, or even start thinking about the SDSU/NDSU football game. Thus, as is the usual case, the yellow and gold masses will be online and on the phone at 8 AM sharp, and we will buy every ticket we need. Then, your fans who had no idea how important this game is, will not be able to get any as I do agree it will eventually sell out.

I very much admire what SDSU is doing in building real, D1 facilities, and have to tip my hat to your administration. But folks down here in Sioux Falls still seem not to "get" how big a deal SDSU is/could be. They think a high school football game is bigger than NDSU/SDSU. My post is not intended as smack; I am just detecting Bisonville style delusions that folks on this board are representative of the typical SDSU fan/alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            Can't forget that...people will have to know where to go to pick up some Brookings Best beer.
            I thought you ditched big bird last year? I swear I saw a picture of you on Bisonville without it, and was stunned, maybe it was a pre-big bird picture...

As always, looking forward to stopping by your spot!
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I purchased additional NDSU-game tickets this morning...they're on the new east side Section 122 (north end, running from the 25 to about the 10 based on the seating chart available on gojacks.com) and those were the best available. They're good seats but think about that: couple of months before the game and there's essentially nothing available in the midsection. I expect the game to set a new attendance record and by all rights, it should be a sellout. The record will last one year because the new west side will be open for business in 2016.

Attendance this season and the 2016 season will be interesting to watch. Many will show up because they're curious but they may not be totally hooked on being at every Jackrabbit home game. When they see the venue, the level of play on the field, and realize the scarcity of tickets, we may have a situation not unlike the U of Montana. Gameday Saturday is THE event in Missoula and the weather be damned. I think it will be that way in Brookings, too.
              I don't know if the record will last one year or two. The USD game might break it but I think it might have to wait one more year for the NDSU game to come around again.

You are a little more optimist than I am about being a "scarcity of tickets". It may happen but as of right now only NDSU and possible USD will sell out. If some fans can't make it to every game why not just pay as you go. You better not wait too long and miss out on season tickets but shooting up 14,000 season tickets/game won't just happen over night(in my opinion).

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                Well he was nice enough to drive up to Fargo for the playoff game.
                Well, you never said he was your chauffeur. That's ok,i guess.

Comment

Ordered 16 tickets this morning. My choice was the southeast corner or the northeast corner on the east side. Or at the top in sec J. I took 14 in the south east corner and 2 in row 34 in sec J. I think it was sec 160 on the east side but cant remember

Comment

Some posters, or maybe just one poster, appear to take offense at my optimism about growth in attendance for football games. I do not contend we will see stadium-capacity crowds overnight but I see no reason why we cannot accelerate the overall trend that started with the switch to D1. And the trend line may not be constant: there may be a little two steps forward and one step back but overall, every sign is pointing to growth, substantial growth. I think larger crowds will be part of the reason even bigger crowds follow. Our fan base is still "learning" but I'm convinced we will get it done.

Comment

Some posters, or maybe just one poster, appear to take offense at my optimism about growth in attendance for football games. I do not contend we will see stadium-capacity crowds overnight but I see no reason why we cannot accelerate the overall trend that started with the switch to D1. And the trend line may not be constant: there may be a little two steps forward and one step back but overall, every sign is pointing to growth, substantial growth. I think larger crowds will be part of the reason even bigger crowds follow. Our fan base is still "learning" but I'm convinced we will get it done.
                      JD, as an NDSU fan, I actually hope you are right as it is good for the conference and quality of play if SDSU is strong. But, I admit I am very skeptical. I alluded to it in my other post, but SDSU must solve the riddle that is Sioux Falls. I just don't get how you guys don't sell out already being that close to Sioux Falls which has a large alumni base..

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                        JD, as an NDSU fan, I actually hope you are right as it is good for the conference and quality of play if SDSU is strong. But, I admit I am very skeptical. I alluded to it in my other post, but SDSU must solve the riddle that is Sioux Falls. I just don't get how you guys don't sell out already being that close to Sioux Falls which has a large alumni base..
                        I know this is a football thread and I'm referring to basketball but I just heard how a Sioux Falls person thinks about SDSU games, a month ago.

I was at the Pentagon Classic watching girls basketball and somebody told me that they thought that every SDSU-USD basketball game should be played in the Denny Sanford Premiere Center. They were at the Women's Summit League Championship game and they said that if every game was played in Sioux Falls, they would all sell out. I pointed out that USD is building a new basketball facility and the only time it will probably sell out is the SDSU game. SDSU already has nice facility and they will probably be fixing it up soon so they both already/will have nice places to play. They sounded like they thought that it was too far to drive but if you brought the games to Sioux Falls, the people would show up.

P.S. The person that I was talking to was a USD graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                          I think a fan base in Sioux Falls is growing and will continue to do so. One could speculate that a couple of reasons we haven't sold out are 1) middle-of-the-road program; and 2) facilities badly in need of an upgrade. Both reasons are being addressed. We're going to be playing this season in a half-finished stadium so this year may not set the world on fire but let's see what happens starting next year.

Comment

This thread is experiencing summertime drift (to which I've contributed significantly). I hate to wish time to pass more quickly but I'm sure looking forward to the first football game. And, back on topic, I'm looking forward to the NDSU game. We'll see what we're made of this season.

Comment

Why SDSU is not located in Sioux Fall goes all the way back to Dakota Territory days when even with their population back then, they could have taken the option of having an agriculture college, but instead opted for the state prison, more jobs they thought. How wrong could they be? The Brookings representative by the name of Scobey, had his thinking cap on that day and came back with the authorization to start an agriculture college. I don't know the story on how NDSU ended up in Fargo, but I suspect its an interesting one. I don't think for one second that SF fan base would greatly enhance everything. 91jack apparently run into a fuddy duddy. They are down their in Sioux Falls, but maybe some will never find a short way to Brookings to see a Jack game. So I don't think we need to feel bad because we did not convince them to come to a Jacks game.

I do think we have have made headway in Sioux Falls. We have a great bunch on this board who think nothing of driving the 60 miles to Brookings. It can only get better. Thanks SoCalledFan for your help. We can use all the help we can get in increasing the fan base in SF, even if that help comes from a Bison fan.

Comment

I think a fan base in Sioux Falls is growing and will continue to do so. One could speculate that a couple of reasons we haven't sold out are 1) middle-of-the-road program; and 2) facilities badly in need of an upgrade. Both reasons are being addressed. We're going to be playing this season in a half-finished stadium so this year may not set the world on fire but let's see what happens starting next year.
                                Hope you are right. I just don't get it as it is not a long drive. Similar to Omaha and Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
                                X