This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

To get Gameday to come was a long shot, especially without both teams being undefeated and with ND at Clemson who are both undefeated. Pretty sure the student who started it all is in his 3rd year of school, as he is friends with former students of mine, so obviously he would like Gameday to come while he is still attending SDSU. Unless SDSU wins back to back championships or NDSU continues on their run for 2 more years, I doubt we stand any better chance 2 years from now when NDSU returns to Brookings and the stadium is complete. To even get a response from Rece Davis is pretty cool. Enjoy the publicity it did bring & keep dreaming big.

Comment

There's zero chance they come to Brookings. It's ridiculous that this is still a thing people are putting effort into.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        There's zero chance they come to Brookings. It's ridiculous that this is still a thing people are putting effort into.
        Well, you don't have to RO, but that doesn't mean the rest of us, who just enjoy the opportunity and some of the publicity it has generated, can "put effort into it." Congrats to the student...who would have thought it would generate even any attention. Of course the Bison fans who come on to our board would take shots at it...just shows their class status.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
          Im 99.59% sure GD wont be in Brookings
          After what i just heard, i'm 55.55% sure GD won't be in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            After what i just heard, i'm 55.55% sure GD won't be in Brookings.
            Rece Davis hinted that they'll be at one of the SEC venues next week. They now send the Saturday SportsCenter crew to a more obscure college football location. Today they were in Collegeville, Minn., for the St. Johns/St. Thomas game. That earlier show seems like more of a possibility now for any kind of FCS visit.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Thanks Captain Buzzkill.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Thanks Captain Buzzkill.
                I can not give rep pts to you, but you sure have lighten my day with this reference. RO is very good guy, a USD convert, but he can get very technical at times and that's probably how he earned the Captain Buzzkill moniker. Our chances for GD not good but we can always hope.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Rece Davis hinted that they'll be at one of the SEC venues next week. They now send the Saturday SportsCenter crew to a more obscure college football location. Today they were in Collegeville, Minn., for the St. Johns/St. Thomas game. That earlier show seems like more of a possibility now for any kind of FCS visit.
                  Actually he hinted it might be at Clemson (ACC) when they host Notre Dame. Actually, had NDSU been undefeated and assuming you take care of Bob Morris, it wasn't all that far fetched. Good luck to your boys this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Actually he hinted it might be at Clemson (ACC) when they host Notre Dame. Actually, had NDSU been undefeated and assuming you take care of Bob Morris, it wasn't all that far fetched. Good luck to your boys this afternoon.
                    That kinda sucks but just the fact the game was on the radar is a big deal. I really wanted to see this happen since I'll be down for the game. It would have been great for the conference. When we both moved up from D2, could any of us even fathomed this could happen?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      ESPN announced this morning their SportsCenter 'On The Road' broadcast will be at Clemson next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        Gameday almost went to YSU a few years ago, anything is possible but I think they are going to Clemson. That is a big game and they've made some noise about heading there.

When they went to Fargo twice the FBS slate was very boring.
                        No Sportscenter is going to Clemson, not Gameday. Still a chance

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
                          No Sportscenter is going to Clemson, not Gameday. Still a chance
                          And Duke beat Georgia Tech, knocking them out of the top 20

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Well, you don't have to RO, but that doesn't mean the rest of us, who just enjoy the opportunity and some of the publicity it has generated, can "put effort into it." Congrats to the student...who would have thought it would generate even any attention. Of course the Bison fans who come on to our board would take shots at it...just shows their class status.
                            Yes! Let's get GD to come to our half finished stadium!

Comment

It has been announced they are going to Clemson vs ND

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                Yes! Let's get GD to come to our half finished stadium!
                                I agree. If CGD comes to Brookings I would rather see it happen during Hobo instead during a Bison game and it's because we have a national title from the previous year. It would be great to have the parade moved to Sat night and have them be part of it. In order for it to happen we need to have more success than we have had. Also, a win against TCU next year would help a lot, along with being defending champions this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X