2017 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

2017 Riley Van Wyhe has been offered a scholarship per his twitter account. Riley is a 6'3" 200 lb Athlete from Rock Rapids, IA (Central Lyon-George Little Rock). He plays linebacker, wide receiver, and quarterback. He's a place finisher at the state track meet in the 100 and 200 meters. Probably a 4.65 guy if I had to estimate his 40. Great kid and great student. I love that we offered early because I have a feeling his won't be his last offer. I have a feeling that the coaches are going back into Northwest Iowa. Oh by the way two guys that I have mentioned once or twice are doing pretty well, Van Ginkel was at Alabama for an unofficial visit this week (he is now rated a 4 STAR by Rivals) and Snyder is listed as a starter at FS at Iowa. Redshirt freshman and Sioux Center multi-sport athlete Christian Rozeboom looks to be a starter at linebacker for the Jacks this fall. Kobe Lutjens from Rock Valley (2017) would be a great get and there are 4 or 5 in the 2018 class that we need to get on early and offer early. Taping into Spirit Lake, Central Lyon, West Lyon, and Rock Valley would be a great thing.

Comment

Tanner Sundt has verbally committed to the Bison. Had Jacks offer.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Reece Winkleman, 6'4" 215 lbs OLB/DE out of Marshall, MN, has received an offer from the Jacks.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2757512/reece-winkleman
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
          2017 Riley Van Wyhe has been offered a scholarship per his twitter account. Riley is a 6'3" 200 lb Athlete from Rock Rapids, IA (Central Lyon-George Little Rock). He plays linebacker, wide receiver, and quarterback. He's a place finisher at the state track meet in the 100 and 200 meters. Probably a 4.65 guy if I had to estimate his 40.
          Van Wyhe ran a 4.713 (electronic) 40 at Riggs Combine.

Comment

2017 Riley Van Wyhe has been offered a scholarship per his twitter account. Riley is a 6'3" 200 lb Athlete from Rock Rapids, IA (Central Lyon-George Little Rock). He plays linebacker, wide receiver, and quarterback. He's a place finisher at the state track meet in the 100 and 200 meters. Probably a 4.65 guy if I had to estimate his 40. Great kid and great student. I love that we offered early because I have a feeling his won't be his last offer. I have a feeling that the coaches are going back into Northwest Iowa. Oh by the way two guys that I have mentioned once or twice are doing pretty well, Van Ginkel was at Alabama for an unofficial visit this week (he is now rated a 4 STAR by Rivals) and Snyder is listed as a starter at FS at Iowa. Redshirt freshman and Sioux Center multi-sport athlete Christian Rozeboom looks to be a starter at linebacker for the Jacks this fall. Kobe Lutjens from Rock Valley (2017) would be a great get and there are 4 or 5 in the 2018 class that we need to get on early and offer early. Taping into Spirit Lake, Central Lyon, West Lyon, and Rock Valley would be a great thing.
            He was likely at the SDSU team camp this week. Central-Lyon was there.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Van Ginkel was at Alabama for an unofficial visit this week (he is now rated a 4 STAR by Rivals
              I somehow missed the news last winter that he transferred out of USD. Quite the interesting journey he is taking to open back up his recruitment again and live out the FBS dream. 2014- Redshirt at USD. 2015- MVFC Freshmen of Year, 1st Team All-Conference, Lead MVFC in Sacks. January 2016- Transfers to Iowa Western CC. Since then, picked up offers from almost every FBS school in the midwest. Which obviously all those offers are based off of his game film from USD last year, since he has not played a game for IWCC yet. Will play for IWCC in 2016, then transfer to a FBS school and play for them in 2017 and 2018.

Comment

Noah Vedral verbals to UCF

Comment

Rhett Harms has committed to Air Force, per his Twitter account.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I hope to hear of a few verbals in the next few days. Lots of good players on campus. Just saw a tweet that there are 35 other colleges here scouting players as well.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      I hope to hear of a few verbals in the next few days. Lots of good players on campus. Just saw a tweet that there are 35 other colleges here scouting players as well.
                      What camp was going on Saturday morning? It looked like it involved the entire team from some high schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        What camp was going on Saturday morning? It looked like it involved the entire team from some high schools.
                        The football and basketball programs do team camps where high schools can bring in entire teams to work together as a unit.

Comment

I walked to the SJAC over noon today and there were some BIG high schoolers over there. Wow. Vehicles from pretty much every regional D-2, NAIA, and D-3 college. I'm guessing there were more than 35 other universities there. Lots of high schoolers running around. It has to be an exciting time for them.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Reece Winkelman discusses his offer from SDSU with Scout:

http://www.scout.com/college/footbal...ses-sdsu-offer
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Cross both Nash Jensen and Logan McCormick off our "offered" list, as both have committed to the Bison over the last few days.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                The football and basketball programs do team camps where high schools can bring in entire teams to work together as a unit.
                                That's what was going on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X