2017 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

Updating the list, and a few more players have made commits. Unfortunately, a couple of really good ones are heading north.

TE - Noah Gindorff, is taking his big frame to Fargo. He was my 2nd favorite TE behind Logan Strom from Norfolk, NE. I'm not very confident that we will be able to get Logan as his recruiting is blowing up with schools like Cincinnati offering.
    LB - Jack Begley from Omaha is also going to be a Bison. I was hoping that Dan Jackson would be able to work his Nebraska magic to land him.
    LB - Matt Lorbeck, a big linebacker from Green Bay will be playing for Northern Illinois.
    OG - Jamezz Kimbrough from Illinois has committed to Central Michigan.
    OG - Derek Kohler from Platte City, MO will play for Missouri State.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      Updating the list, and a few more players have made commits. Unfortunately, a couple of really good ones are heading north.

TE - Noah Gindorff, is taking his big frame to Fargo. He was my 2nd favorite TE behind Logan Strom from Norfolk, NE. I'm not very confident that we will be able to get Logan as his recruiting is blowing up with schools like Cincinnati offering.
      LB - Jack Begley from Omaha is also going to be a Bison. I was hoping that Dan Jackson would be able to work his Nebraska magic to land him.
      LB - Matt Lorbeck, a big linebacker from Green Bay will be playing for Northern Illinois.
      OG - Jamezz Kimbrough from Illinois has committed to Central Michigan.
      OG - Derek Kohler from Platte City, MO will play for Missouri State.
      Thought I read Logan has decided to play basketball. We have an offer in that sport too.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Thought I read Logan has decided to play basketball. We have an offer in that sport too.
        That's almost too bad to hear at this point in the recruiting game since our basketball team is already (supposedly) over the scholarship limit, meaning it's not very likely we'll see Strom in Brookings. I'm not sure what his interest in SDSU was anyways, but I really liked his basketball film. Super skilled for a post his age, but his physical traits were just board line enough where he could have fallen through the cracks of the P5 schools and ended up at a mid major like SDSU.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          You are correct. Omaha World Herald story. He does enjoy football, and in games I've seen him play they have underutilized him. Total mismatch to cover for linebackers/safeties with that size. Add to that his basketball knowledge with boxing out and positioning, he really could have a strong future in football. But I've got to respect a kid who wants to follow his passion and he has the ability to excel in that sport too.

In regards to Kemo's post, I'd agree with you on athleticism limiting his offers. If I was a coach at a big time program, he's the type of guy I'd want. Kid is smart, physical and the kind of player you want on your team. At the P5 level, he'd be the type of player that would fill a roll to complete your team. At the mid-major level, he has the ability to be a star like Mike Daum. A friend of mine is a coach at Norfolk and he has loved this kid's ability and maturity since his freshman year. Logan just received an offer from Boston University.

Comment

Tyler Courej committed to South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              Tyler Courej committed to South Dakota.
              That is a really good get for the Yotes.

Comment

I'm told that we are currently in a heated battle with NDSU for Kearney, NE Noah Urbanek. Here are his highlights: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3849092/...a53e2a1875088a

Its down to only us and the Bison, so anything we all can do to help show him how excited the Jackrabbit Nation would be to have him in Brookings for the next five years would be much appreciated. Add him on Twitter @NoahUrbanek and show him some love!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                  I'm told that we are currently in a heated battle with NDSU for Kearney, NE Noah Urbanek. Here are his highlights: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3849092/...a53e2a1875088a

Its down to only us and the Bison, so anything we all can do to help show him how excited the Jackrabbit Nation would be to have him in Brookings for the next five years would be much appreciated. Add him on Twitter @NoahUrbanek and show him some love!
                  I think it has been on here in the past but I believe engaging with a recruit is an NCAA violation. Others with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post

Don't do this. http://newsok.com/article/3916214
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Why get SDSU in trouble over one person, who might be a valuable addition to the talent pool, but what else does he bring? Twitters are not always working for some people.

Comment

My bad - didn't even cross my mind. Please disregard!

I can only imagine what it's like for an ESPN Top 50 recruit that has offers from Bama, Ohio St., and every other top program in the Nation. They must be getting blown up by those rabid fan bases. Hope some LB from small town Nebraska with a handful of FCS offers isn't on their radar. Guess I better start waiting for the NCAA Storm Troopers to come knock down my front door...

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          You are allowed to follow anyone on Twitter, including potential recruits of SDSU or any other school. Just don't tweet at them.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            2017 Recruiting List

Commitments:
                            QB - Ethan Bullock**, 6'4" 200, Maitland, FL (Orangewood Christian) - HUDL
                            Offers: Eastern Kentucky
                            TE - Arthur Egan, 6'4" 230, Omaha, NE (Creighton Prep) - HUDL
                            OG/C -
                            Austin Boen, 6'4" 300, Sioux Falls, SD (Roosevelt) - HUDL
                            Offers: USD
                            OG/DT - Blake Smithback, 6'3" 265, Waunakee, WI - HUDL
                            Offers: Western Illinois

OT - Jonathan Gruetzmacher**, 6'8" 285, Merrill, WI - HUDL, 24/7
                            Offers: Illinois State, UNI, Eastern Michigan
                            OT/DT - Eagan Lickiss, 6'4" 270, Indianola, IA - HUDL
                            DE/LB -
                            Reece Winkleman, 6'4" 215, Marshall, MN - HUDL
                            DT - Krockett Krolikowski, 6'3" 250, Winner, SD - HUDL
                            DT/G - Dominic Simpson, 6'5" 280, Papillion, NE (PLV South) HUDL, 24/7
                            DT/G - Xavier Ward, 6'3" 290, Canistota, SD - HUDL
                            LB - Levi Brown, 6'4" 190, Roseville, MN - HUDL
                            LB/RB -
                            Seven Wilson, 6'0" 215, Kansas City, MO (Park Hill) - HUDL
                            Seems based on who has committed above we should still be in the market for some running backs, receivers and defensive backs
                            Last edited by JACKGUYII; 08-08-2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Looks like we got a verbal last night from Tyler DeMatra, CB/WR from Flossmore, IL. His tweet was Retweeted and liked by a number of coaches so I think it is legit.

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4380642/...1ddc1b0074378a

Tweet: https://twitter.com/DemartraTyler/st...77996734365697
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Looks like we got a verbal last night from Tyler DeMatra, CB/WR from Flossmore, IL. His tweet was Retweeted and liked by a number of coaches so I think it is legit.

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4380642/...1ddc1b0074378a

Tweet: https://twitter.com/DemartraTyler/st...77996734365697
                                At 6'3 looks like he can play a little basketball too. Wouldn't be surprised if he grows into a linebacker!

Comment

Working...
                                X