Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Good question, but I suspect only year under the grad rule. Other comment please...
    I know when following hoops that some grad transfers actually have 2 years left to play. - Craig Neal's son formerly at New Mexico comes to mind. Wait and see I guess. Welcome aboard Clarence!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Awesome work. Looks like Clarence didn't get a ton of reps last year for the Utes (website only has him participating in one game), but after losing Kerns for the upcoming season, we need the depth at DE.

Did I miss something on Kerns?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
        I know when following hoops that some grad transfers actually have 2 years left to play. - Craig Neal's son formerly at New Mexico comes to mind. Wait and see I guess. Welcome aboard Clarence!
        I am hoping he does get 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          From 2016 Spring Game Thread
          Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Stig said Chase Kern is out for the year with an injury. They'll use his redshirt year.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Injury, out for 2016 season at least that was the status last I heard.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ason/83497908/
            Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 07-14-2016, 08:22 AM. Reason: Added news story

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              Injury, out for 2016 season at least that was the status last I heard.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ason/83497908/
              Thanks, guys. Guess i forgot about that.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                So does this mean he could play 2 seasons for us?

2013 redshirt
                2014 played
                2015 played
                2016 SDSU
                2017...?
                Since grad transfers are eligible right away and using the standard that you have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility, it appears that he may have two seasons of eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Since grad transfers are eligible right away and using the standard that you have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility, it appears that he may have two seasons of eligibility left.
                  Thanks. Your reasoning seems to be on track.

Comment

Wouldn't we classify Clarence Smith as a 2016 recruit? If he is transferring under the graduation rule and is eligible to play this year, he'd be under the 2016 class and we are back to 12 recruits so far in this class.

Don't get me wrong, he could be a big addition to the team this year. He just wouldn't count in the 2017 class.

*I've added Clarence to the 2016 class. Interesting in that he'd be only the 2nd DE in that class and Austin Barrett from Box Elder, SD signed as a preferred walk-on.
                    Last edited by GopherHole; 07-14-2016, 02:21 PM. Reason: Moved Clarence to 2016 class

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      Wouldn't we classify Clarence Smith as a 2016 recruit? If he is transferring under the graduation rule and is eligible to play this year, he'd be under the 2016 class and we are back to 12 recruits so far in this class.

Don't get me wrong, he could be a big addition to the team this year. He just wouldn't count in the 2017 class.
                      True, but it clarifies the tweet from Coach Clint Brown from a few weeks ago.
                      @ClintBrown45 Just got another one! DE! The dark side! #CactusJacks

Comment

Brett Kittrell out of Nebraska verbals to Minnesota. Had offer from the Jacks.
                        https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec..._device=tablet

Thomas Dutton, TE out of Missouri verbals to Air Force. Had offer from the Jacks.
                        https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/187303
                        Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 07-22-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I put Luke Chuol back up on the offers list. He tweeted that he has decommitted from NDSU.

DE - Luke Chuol**, 6'3" 240, Circle Pines, MN (Centennial) - HUDL
                          Offers: Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Wyoming, UNI, USD

Comment

GopherHole,

I have to give you credit; this page is so well organized and exactly what I'd like to see on Bisonville or Scout. NDSU fans get a distorted view of reality as it is hard to find archive summaries of offered players that went to other programs.

Really well done.

Comment

Per NCAA rules, coaches can now retweet prospect tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                                GopherHole,

I have to give you credit; this page is so well organized and exactly what I'd like to see on Bisonville or Scout. NDSU fans get a distorted view of reality as it is hard to find archive summaries of offered players that went to other programs.

Really well done.
                                I appreciate the kind words. However, I have to give credit to Mitchell for laying the foundation of this page years ago when he coordinated it. Moreover, there have been many key contributors who have found the potential recruits early and often. It's been fun to see that this forum has become a source of news for those who get paid for their media prowess.

Comment

Working...
                                X