Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Spring Football

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Carr played today, didn't he? I could have swore I saw 12 out there at DB.
    he did.
    http://www.argusleader.com/media/cin...ring-football/

That link was *Supposed* to take you right to the photo, You'll have to click through to find the one with him in it.

Comment

I thought Dalton Douglas looked pretty good, overall, the best of the QBs. He's got the best arm and can move around. I expected more from Chris Little, but he's kind of a wild thrower. Tyler Finnes is a good backup.
      This space for lease.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by kicker Sam Koob's leg strength. Is Jay Carlson hurt?
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Re QB: Any chance a true freshman could come in an win he job? I have never seen Taryn Christion play. Obviously, a red shirt would be good, but then again, if he's the best player at that position...
          I really think there is a good chance that this happens. I sort of doubted it with 4 other options on the squad already. But, after seeing the 3 that played today, plus seeing what Lujan did last year, I have no doubts that he might be able to win the starting job, and they are telling him that he will get the opportunity to do that. I wouldn't mind it. 3 years of a Christion to Weineke combination? Yes, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I thought Dalton Douglas looked pretty good, overall, the best of the QBs. He's got the best arm and can move around. I expected more from Chris Little, but he's kind of a wild thrower. Tyler Finnes is a good backup.
            He may have been the best of those 3, but I don't see him beating out Lujan for the starting job. If anyone is going to supplant Lujan, it will be Christion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I was pleasantly surprised by kicker Sam Koob's leg strength. Is Jay Carlson hurt?
              I echo this sentiment. The ball seemed to jump off of Koob's foot. Not only was he kicking it hard and far, the kicks were nice and high, even from 40+, no way they would get blocked.

Comment

The Argus website has a nice photo set from yesterday's game. There must be about 30 photos and no less of them feature Christion standing on the sideline. Omen?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  The Argus website has a nice photo set from yesterday's game. There must be about 30 photos and no less of them feature Christion standing on the sideline. Omen?
                  The writing is on the wall.

Comment

Any word on OL Taylor Bloom? He appeared to have suffered a serious knee or leg injury in the spring game.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

• Re: 2015 Spring Football

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      I never seen Christion play, but so much good was said about the guy. It makes one wonder if he might be the big surprise. I suspect he might have his red shirt pulled if Lujan goes down or if none of the others show up. I thought Chris Little was suppose to be a big hit and I did not get to see him in action yesterday so hopeful for some good to come out of his performance.

Comment

[QUOTE=CappinHard;273029]The writing is on the wall.

I think it has more to do with Zimmer's familiarity with Taryn and maybe a bit of home athlete bias. Don't get me wrong I think Taryn is going to be a big hit at the Quarterback position just not as a true freshman. Lujan does not have the weapons he had to bail him out like last year. I think in the end Little will be the guy with his dual threat skills.

Comment

[QUOTE=JACKGUYII;273035]
                          Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

I think it has more to do with Zimmer's familiarity with Taryn and maybe a bit of home athlete bias. Don't get me wrong I think Taryn is going to be a big hit at the Quarterback position just not as a true freshman. Lujan does not have the weapons he had to bail him out like last year. I think in the end Little will be the guy with his dual threat skills.
                          Based on his play Saturday....Little is not a dual-threat...I saw the long-snapper throw nicer passes. Can you coach accuracy??
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

[QUOTE=propar80;273042]
                            Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Based on his play Saturday....Little is not a dual-threat...I saw the long-snapper throw nicer passes. Can you coach accuracy??
                            Stig had a different opinion than you on Little's play in aggregate for the Spring.

Comment

I think people are editing quotes and accidently changing who made the statement they're quoting. Who's on first?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I think people are editing quotes and accidently changing who made the statement they're quoting. Who's on first?
                                If you are referring to me read the Argus today and you will find Stig's comments on Little.

Comment

Working...
                                X