Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: State at NDSU - Playoff Edition

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Many on Bisonville so classless. No credit to the Jacks and officials kept us in the game.
    No surprise there. Standard procedure for so many of them. They were falling into pre-meltdown mode and that blame-it-on-the-refs thing makes them feel better about themselves.

Great game, great season. They say the home field is worth three points. Next year let's get a couple playoff games at home.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
      You are happy with the loss? Worse than a potted plant Nidaros. Jacks are allowed to win you know. Moral victories suck and the Jacks should be past that by now. Shame on You for thinking that.
      Lets get a little control there, shot. Not one SDSU fan has claimed any joy in this loss. No one claimed any moral victory crap. Today we were as good as the Bison but got nipped at the end.

Comment

And, this board has had a general rule about not dragging in issues from other message boards. Folks on opposing-team message boards are entitled to their opinions on their home boards and today I'm not particularly interested in reading on this message board what someone thinks about the opposing fan message board. So, let's not drag that junk over here.

(Added: My wife is reading this board on her tablet and she said 'someone is going to ask whether I'm crabby.' Well, duh...ya think? But you know what, we went toe to toe in a heavyweight title match, a team with four losses playing at the home field of the favored team, defending champs, with one blemish on its record. And we can make the case that we deserved that win -- maybe more than NDSU deserved the win. But, deserving a win isn't the way it works. Our program now expects to be in the playoffs and with the way this season ended, we expect to compete for a national title. It wasn't that long ago and we didn't have that tradition. We do now. And, yeah, I'm crabby. These guys worked their tails off this season and overcame a lot of adversity. Good day to be a Jackrabbit albeit a crabby one.)
        Last edited by JackJD; 12-06-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

My wife tells me to not let it ruin my day. To be so close and come up short is a feeling I've felt all too often. Listened on the radio and the suspense of the last few minutes was all I could take. Disappointed for such a great group of seniors!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Lets get a little control there, shot. Not one SDSU fan has claimed any joy in this loss. No one claimed any moral victory crap. Today we were as good as the Bison but got nipped at the end.
            Ok. Sorry. I just thought we had them and the MGD was talking.

Great at move with the offense today. Bison didn't adjust to the Wildcat formations. It was driving the Bison announcers crazy. BTW with the exception of Hawk Harrelson, I have never heard announcers disparage refs like them. They flat out said the refs couldn't keep up with the athletes.

I just wish we would have applied a little pressure and gone for it on defense.

Comment

Darn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Just leaving Fargo. What a deflating feeling. Thanks seniors for the fun. Lots to build on and look forward to. New facilities and great young players. We will get over the hump. Today felt like our day but it wasn't. I'm glad I was here for it.

Great meeting with Slosho, TransAm, and 1Bison1 today. Thanks for the beer.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

It would be nice if fans could just be proud of their team, but some people derive an unhealthy amount of their personal pride and identity from the performance of their football team. They view shaky officiating as a personal insult. I love football, but it is just a game. Mostly right now, I'm disappointed for those seniors. What an amazing group of young men.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Good game by the Jackrabbits. Pretty poorly officiated game and both teams got hosed by that. Who cares though, it was a well orchestrated game by the Rabbits and the Bison had all they could do to win.

I personally think the Title game was played here tonight. Hope everyone has a safe drive back home tonight or tomorrow.
                    2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
                      Good game by the Jackrabbits. Pretty poorly officiated game and both teams got hosed by that. Who cares though, it was a well orchestrated game by the Rabbits and the Bison had all they could do to win.

I personally think the Title game was played here tonight. Hope everyone has a safe drive back home tonight or tomorrow.
                      I agree and will be rooting for NDSU (again) to win it all (again). Until we get a better, non-cheapskate, system for FCS playoffs, we're stuck with each other. And a bunch of teams on the east and west coasts who would finish in the middle of the MVFC, will keep getting longer-than-deserved playoff runs.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think so as well, unfortunately it will fade into history as our third second round finish, which hurts. This group of seniors deserved to be delt a better hand. Just sucks.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Screw regionalization. Nuff said.
                          2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Screw regionalization. Nuff said.
                            I agree and hope the Bison roll through the rest of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              I agree and hope the Bison roll through the rest of the playoffs.
                              IsuR too.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A great game when you get down to it. I can't complain about anything except the final score. I had a good time.....cargo dome might want to get that scoreboard looked at....it was driving people nuts......
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X