Zach Zenner - DI FB Academic All-American of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Zenner - DI FB Academic All-American of the Year

Didn't see this in any of the ZZ threads, and it really deserved one of its own. SDSU had three first-team AAAs: ZZ, Jason Schneider, and Nick Purcell. Fantastic job. (SDSU had 6 AAAs total last year).

The Valley had 10 all together: Zenner(SDSU-1), Schneider(SDSU-1), Purcell(SDSU-1), Carson Wentz(NDSU-1), Esley Thorton(NDSU-1), Kyle Emanuel(NDSU-1), Jesse Hinz(NDSU-2), Corey Boemer(SIU-1), Tyler Williamson(SIU-2), and Caleb Schaffitzel(MSU).

Only four teams in all of Division I had multiple selections, and the MVFC made up three of them(Fordham was the other).

http://capitaloneacademicallamerica.com/node/376

Re: Zach Zenner - DI FB Academic All-American of the Year

This is why STUDENT athletes choose SDSU. And please notice the student/Athletes majors - no basket weaving among them - Qty (2) pre meds and a Pharmacy, all with D-1 football. Stig should be commended.

SDSU has a tremendous academic tradition. It is why some athletes choose SDSU over other schools. I personally know a lot of examples.

What a proud tradition and reputation to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
      Didn't see this in any of the ZZ threads, and it really deserved one of its own. SDSU had three first-team AAAs: ZZ, Jason Schneider, and Nick Purcell. Fantastic job. (SDSU had 6 AAAs total last year).

The Valley had 10 all together: Zenner(SDSU-1), Schneider(SDSU-1), Purcell(SDSU-1), Carson Wentz(NDSU-1), Esley Thorton(NDSU-1), Kyle Emanuel(NDSU-1), Jesse Hinz(NDSU-2), Corey Boemer(SIU-1), Tyler Williamson(SIU-2), and Caleb Schaffitzel(MSU).

Only four teams in all of Division I had multiple selections, and the MVFC made up three of them(Fordham was the other).

http://capitaloneacademicallamerica.com/node/376

That's insane that 6 Academic All-Americans will be playing each other this weekend, most of them as marquee players. Congrats to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
        That's insane that 6 Academic All-Americans will be playing each other this weekend, most of them as marquee players. Congrats to all of them.
        Zenner did not win the Cambell Award. Went to a guy from Duke.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Zenner did not win the Cambell Award. Went to a guy from Duke.
          I wonder how many people asked themselves: Duke has football?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I wonder how many people asked themselves: Duke has football?
            I learned something new today. In reading your post, I thought to myself "didn't they just play in a big bowl game?". They lost to Johnny Football in the Chick-fil-A bowl in 2013---but I digress.

Did you know that Duke played in the Rose Bowl against Oregon State in 1942? The golden nugget is that the Rose Bowl was actually played in Durham, NC (Duke) due to WWII. Specifically, the game was moved due to fears of another Japanese attack since the attack at Pearl Harbor occurred less than a month earlier.

Thanks Wikipedia.

Comment

Working...
            X